Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #41
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1973 View Post

I have no idea what that means lol!

But for the sake of the forum I will pretend like I know
Oh...by the way. It means I clicked on the little "add to Max1973's reputation" button over on the left (scales icon) and added to it. On that other site, what it basically means is, "I'm voting for you in this popularity contest homeboy" (er...I think "brah" is the term they use). What I meant was, I thought the content of your post was reasonable and valid.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2010, 03:28 PM   #42
folkprophet
Brawn

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Pro B
Clean because he will lose more muscle when the comes down. Endos and mesos can retain muscle to lose day, ectos tend to lose at a 1 to 1 ratio so unless said ecto wants to stay bulked forever lean bulk is the way to go. Ectos also respond good to alternating diets, three weeks at high caloric intake and one week at around bmr. The bmr weeks let's them shed any excess fat from the three weeks at higher cals and the high cals allow slightly faster muscle gain.
Now that's intersting.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #43
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

One thing I always find interesting about the endo-ecto-meso discusses is the fact that somatotyping wasn't set up to place individuals into one category. It rated each person through the lens of all three.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:38 PM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Dave Goodin just emailed me his response:

Quote:
In my opinion, if you eat clean and a lot of calories you are providing your body with a lot more usable nutrition than if you're eating junk food calories. Someone like that can certainly consume more fat in the diet, but "dirty foods" provide so much less nutrition....

Old 03-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #45
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BTW, the 3 responses from the pros reveal one thing:

I have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about. The end.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #46
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkprophet View Post
I think it's hard for some folk to keep in mind that their agenda is not everyone's agenda. Eat according to your agenda. I am in agreement with those who are saying it's annoying to have someone complain about not being able to put on weight who then refuse to eat. But to suggest cheeseburgers and pizza isn't necessarilly going to fit with that person's agenda either.
Big ditto. This forum caters to all aspects of weight training. (powerlifting,bodybuilding,average joe recreational,sh!ts-n-giggles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
BTW, the 3 responses from the pros reveal one thing:

I have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about. The end.

tooo funny!!! i'd photoshop: ' BB.com MOD' on that bad boy

Ill admit I ate like shat when I was bulking and that may have got me the mass I needed to start off with. But it took me ALOT more work to diet correctly and shed 20-30 lbs of fat off with no real muscle loss.

Either way we could all stand around pointing fingers at diets and routines all we want, but it all boils down to the ability to try things out and distinguish what actually works for YOURSELF to accomplish YOUR GOALS

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Last edited by onetiredkris; 03-09-2010 at 05:18 PM.
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #47
folkprophet
Brawn

Ideally speaking (in theory) there would be a perfect ratio of what to eat and how much to eat per body type/metabolism/whatever/etc..., to gain the quickest amount of muscle. It stands to reason to me that if the body is utilizing the nutrients one is taking in to build muscle efficiently, that less of that food would be stored as fat. But there's logic behind the idea of the body needing top put on fat to build the most muscle too. So it's all kinda confusin'.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #48
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

If you want to be 200lbs you gotta eat like you are 200lbs
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:42 PM   #49
folkprophet
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
If you want to be 200lbs you gotta eat like you are 200lbs

"If you want to be 200lbs you gotta eat like you are 200lbs"

Old 03-09-2010, 06:01 PM   #50
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
but it all boils down to the ability to try things out and distinguish what actually works for YOURSELF to accomplish YOUR GOALS
That's really the bottom line. We each have to figure out what works. And if it isn't working 0- get a fork, dirty or clean, and get to gettin'.