Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Resources
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Resources Workouts, Form Videos, Muscle and Strength Training Articles...everything you need. Forum includes the best posts from the forum.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #31
thumpinos
Uber Brawn
Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40 Points: 4,122, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

thumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good poststhumpinos has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITman_mark71 View Post
Casey Viator. He wasn't on steroids during the Colorado Experiment.
I almost choked on my tongue. You really think Casey is natural?

Old 12-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #32
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpinos View Post
I meant to imply that Arnold was a juicer. Not trying to be argumentative, but he took a lot more juice then prople give him credit for.
Exactly, I agree with what your saying. Had he been truely natural if would have been probably about 220-225.

As soon as drugs are used everything is changed.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Exactly, I agree with what your saying. Had he been truely natural if would have been probably about 220-225.

As soon as drugs are used everything is changed.
This brings up a great point...Arnold took primo, deca and dbol by the gallon, but wasn't that far above his natural potential. At 6% bodyfat, at 6'2", Arnold would have weighed 210 as a natural. But he wasn't 6%.

Arnold was only about 20 pounds above his natural potential. That's a lot of juice and $$$ for 20 pounds.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-04-2009 at 08:29 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:28 AM   #34
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Casey Viator. He wasn't on steroids during the Colorado Experiment.
Lol, you joking?
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:33 AM   #35
HITman_mark71
HIT Jedi
New Brawn
Points: 4,995, Level: 45 Points: 4,995, Level: 45 Points: 4,995, Level: 45

HITman_mark71 is off to a bad start

I'm taking Casey Viator at face value.

Excerpt from "Casey Viator's Total Fitness"

"Many people have questioned the validity of this study. A lot of factors came into play, one of which is genetics. The average man would not have been able to gain 63 lbs. of raw muscle, which Arthur Jones and myself have been defending this study for years. There has been a lot of questions regarding steroid use. Many people claimed that I loaded up for this experiment. I can honestly say that there was no use of steroids during this study, which is a very important point. I was closely monitored in a closed door environment. Believe me, I would have done anything to have gained that weight, but I knew my rebound potential and I also knew I would make remarkable gains even before the study began."
HITman_mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:40 AM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't normally "kiss and tell" about my interviews, but let me share my one experience with Casey Viator, because I think it is a shining reflection on his character.

When I was in contact with Casey about an interview, he wanted me to pay him for the privilege of talking to him. I have spoken with many, many bodybuilders this year, and Casey Vaitor is the only athlete who wanted me to pay him for giving him publicity.

That's all I have to say.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:43 AM   #37
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

For myself the part that just screams bullshit is the claim of 63lbs of muscle
in 28 days.

Ok, lets think about this. If this was possible then why has this not become the way to build muscle? Granted, Casey Viator is well known for his super genetics. However, normal people should be able to at least reap some of the rewards of this program, if it actually worked.

Science requires that you publish your finding, as well as your control, so that your experiments can be duplicated by somebody else. Where are the other people who have been able to duplicate such radical muscle gains?

This whole experiment, sounds like a forerunner to the current T-Nation Anaconda protocal. They also are making radical claims of muscle building.

As has been shown through decades of work. The most genetically gifted natural BB's have normally only increased lean body mass by about 35lbs.

Last edited by glwanabe; 12-04-2009 at 04:32 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Natural testosterone levels would NOT allow/sustain that much muscle, even if it were partially muscle memory. Point blank...Casey Viator is lying.

Old 12-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #39
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Yup
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #40
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
I'm taking Casey Viator at face value.

Excerpt from "Casey Viator's Total Fitness"

"Many people have questioned the validity of this study. A lot of factors came into play, one of which is genetics. The average man would not have been able to gain 63 lbs. of raw muscle, which Arthur Jones and myself have been defending this study for years. There has been a lot of questions regarding steroid use. Many people claimed that I loaded up for this experiment. I can honestly say that there was no use of steroids during this study, which is a very important point. I was closely monitored in a closed door environment. Believe me, I would have done anything to have gained that weight, but I knew my rebound potential and I also knew I would make remarkable gains even before the study began."
The fact that he defended the validity of this study in itself should have raised a red flag. A bit of background -

A) Casey Viator was coming off an injury, and had lost a lot of muscle when he started the routine (I seem to remember his starting weight being in low 160s at this point of time). A lot of his gains was due to muscle memory. A study that does not deem this part relevant enough to be mentioned, imho, lacks credibility

B) So much for the closed door environment, in the past Viator has been known to admit that he sneaked out to get in extra workouts at the local gym since he was sceptical of HIT. So, no, it was not as closely monitored a study as Jones would have us believe.

What I am trying to get at, is that taking Casey Viator at face value is not a good idea. He is a great bodybuilder who knows his $hit, but no sir, he does not deserve to be taken at face value when he propounds this crap.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote