Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:33 AM   #471
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,066
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241059
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 1/14/13 Cycle 9 Week 1 OHP

Coming off of a deload week, ready to start a new cycle. I was going to talk about my deload week. I was also going to put up pictures of a trip we took to the coast and tell you guys about it. And talk about some stuff that's going on, like buying a house, crap like that. But I simply don't have the time my friends, so I'll jump right in.

OHP
125x5
145x5
165x2 (Goalx5) Fail!

CGBP
140x10,190x10,215x10

Rack Chins
Bwx10,9,8

Tri set:
Ez bar drag curls
60x15,15,9
Lateral Db raise
18,18,12
band face pulls
x15x3

Overall Workout Grade:C+

Notes:
Failed on my OHP, big time bro!!!!!!! It kind of sucked.
It was extremely cold in the garage and I did a poor job of warming up. Plus I had been on the road coming back from vacation all day. Sooo... I'm not really sure what to make of this miss. As of right now I plan on staying at this same weight and giving it a crack next cycle.
No matter what happens, even if it is time to reset, I am ok with it. My OHP has made some solid and consistent progress in the last 9 months.

Kicked the top CGBP set up 5lbs.

I happened to get my versa grips in the mail before this session. I used them on the rack chins. So far I am extremely impressed. And on top of that, I added 3 reps to my rack chins. I'll take it!

Finished with the tri set. Nuttin' fancy here!
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 AM   #472
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,066
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241059
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 1/15/13 Cycle 9 Week 1 Power Clean and Squat

PC
100x5
115x5
135x5 (Goal 130x5)

Squat
230x5
265x5
300x5 (Goalx5)

Decline bench crunches
bwx22,18,12

Overall Workout Grade:B

Notes:
Solid workout. Nothing spectacular though. Did 5 more lbs on the top set then I was supposed to. The low weight "hanging" power clean is pretty lame. I am not enjoying them. So for the top set I put the plates on so I could actually do them. Yeah buddy.
Squat went well. Creeping on back up. The last rep on the top set was a bit tough. I really had to push. This might be TMI, but I pushed so hard it made my taint tingle. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Anyway....
Solid session. Finished with some crunches. Got to keep dem der abzors strong. Yeah buddy.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:53 AM   #473
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Hunterace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sitting on ass!
Posts: 7,789
Training Exp: I read a study!
Training Type: None
Fav Exercise: Sex
Fav Supp: Porn
Reputation: 713874
Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Coming off of a deload week, ready to start a new cycle. I was going to talk about my deload week. I was also going to put up pictures of a trip we took to the coast and tell you guys about it. And talk about some stuff that's going on, like buying a house, crap like that. But I simply don't have the time my friends, so I'll jump right in.

OHP
125x5
145x5
165x2 (Goalx5) Fail!

CGBP
140x10,190x10,215x10

Rack Chins
Bwx10,9,8

Tri set:
Ez bar drag curls
60x15,15,9
Lateral Db raise
18,18,12
band face pulls
x15x3

Overall Workout Grade:C+

Notes:
Failed on my OHP, big time bro!!!!!!! It kind of sucked.
It was extremely cold in the garage and I did a poor job of warming up. Plus I had been on the road coming back from vacation all day. Sooo... I'm not really sure what to make of this miss. As of right now I plan on staying at this same weight and giving it a crack next cycle.
No matter what happens, even if it is time to reset, I am ok with it. My OHP has made some solid and consistent progress in the last 9 months.

Kicked the top CGBP set up 5lbs.

I happened to get my versa grips in the mail before this session. I used them on the rack chins. So far I am extremely impressed. And on top of that, I added 3 reps to my rack chins. I'll take it!

Finished with the tri set. Nuttin' fancy here!
Great work Josh! Sucks about top set but sounds like you've been pretty busy and might be worn down some, plus the cold . I'm sure next cycle you'll crush it! Versa grips are great, mine are finally getting broken in some and I'm getting use to them, there great! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
PC
100x5
115x5
135x5 (Goal 130x5)

Squat
230x5
265x5
300x5 (Goalx5)

Decline bench crunches
bwx22,18,12

Overall Workout Grade:B

Notes:
Solid workout. Nothing spectacular though. Did 5 more lbs on the top set then I was supposed to. The low weight "hanging" power clean is pretty lame. I am not enjoying them. So for the top set I put the plates on so I could actually do them. Yeah buddy.
Squat went well. Creeping on back up. The last rep on the top set was a bit tough. I really had to push. This might be TMI, but I pushed so hard it made my taint tingle. Does that ever happen to anyone else? Anyway....
Solid session. Finished with some crunches. Got to keep dem der abzors strong. Yeah buddy.
Great work! Strong squatting there, and I haven't experienced that. Keep workin hard big man!
__________________
~~~Second Amendment~~~
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:56 AM   #474
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%
 
KD5NFW's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 4,902
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
Reputation: 449046
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!
Default

Yeah that sux on the OHP, but I am guessing that was an anomoly of some kind and you will be back to crushing next week on that lift! I'm with you on the cleans, nothing less than 135 on the bar so I can come off the floor Squats look strong, and yes TMI lol!!

I love my VG's too
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #475
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Squatter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: JimGym/CrewGym
Posts: 10,584
Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Reputation: 755126
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!
Default

Haha - after staggering out of the rack after a big tough squat I get a rush all over - and I mean all over lol

Forget about that OHP as I can assure you it was an anomoly as Rich said, considering the circumstances as I think alot of driving will definitely fatique the shoulders. If it does become a trend then make the adjustments of course.

Also, congratz on buying a house - how exciting is that!! Will you have new digs for the JoshGym?
__________________
My Favorite Part Of Lifting Is Having The Opportunity
Meet PR's: (May 2014) Raw Natural
Squat 475 lbs
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs
Age: 50

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #476
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%
 
EliteDreams's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: N Ga Mountains
Posts: 5,731
Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
Reputation: 447872
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!
Default

Good stuff Josh,a lot of things happening here!
__________________
"Thats you, a new creation born of tragedy, but capable of greatness." - jdmalm123


The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 PM   #477
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,944
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2584002
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Solid is good.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #478
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,066
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241059
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Yeah that sux on the OHP, but I am guessing that was an anomoly of some kind and you will be back to crushing next week on that lift! I'm with you on the cleans, nothing less than 135 on the bar so I can come off the floor Squats look strong, and yes TMI lol!!

I love my VG's too
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too broseph. We shall see...
Thanks for the post man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Haha - after staggering out of the rack after a big tough squat I get a rush all over - and I mean all over lol

Forget about that OHP as I can assure you it was an anomoly as Rich said, considering the circumstances as I think alot of driving will definitely fatique the shoulders. If it does become a trend then make the adjustments of course.

Also, congratz on buying a house - how exciting is that!! Will you have new digs for the JoshGym?
Thanks Jimbo. So it's not just me! Yeah, I'll just play the OHP cool and see what happens next week. I'm not sweeting it.
Thanks. We're excited about the house. It is nerve racking, but I think it will be great. The JoshGym will be in full effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Good stuff Josh,a lot of things happening here!
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Solid is good.
So is smoked meat.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #479
BigJosh
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
BigJosh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,066
Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
Reputation: 241059
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 1/18/13 Cycle 9 Week 1 Bench Press

First off, I just want to thank you guys for always taking the time to leave comments in my log. It really means a lot.

Bench
220x5
255x5
285x5 (Goalx5)

Incline Barbell Bench
140x10,160x10,175x8

Kroc Rows (using versa grips this cycle)
40x10,60x10, 90x19

BB curls
60x10,70x10,80x8
SS with
tricep bar overhead extension
40x20,50x20,18

Overall Workout Grade:B+

Notes:
The last couple days I've been a bit under the weather. I woke up last night with a sinus infection and a general achey feeling. Took advil all day to help with the symptoms. Anyway, went into this workout feeling like shit.
After the first couple sets on bench I felt real shakey and weak. I almost called it but I just pushed through.
I'm glad I did, it turned into a pretty good session.
Hit my bench goal, despite my issues. The last rep was a slow mo grinder. Had I had more sense I probably would have got nervous.
Decided to use my new versa grips on my rows this cycle, as opposed to no grip assistance at all. Also, after watching a bearded beast video on rows, put an emphasis on power. This started on my 2 warm up sets. Where I would normally do them slow and controlled, I focused on explosiveness and power. This helped prime me for the working set. I was pleased with the result. I think I had more in the tank, but I had broke last weeks record by 5 reps and didn't feel the need to push it.
__________________
Zdravko Veselin Gaeta

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #480
Hunterace
I'm quitting next week!
Max Brawn
Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84 Points: 17,415, Level: 84
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
 
Hunterace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sitting on ass!
Posts: 7,789
Training Exp: I read a study!
Training Type: None
Fav Exercise: Sex
Fav Supp: Porn
Reputation: 713874
Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!Hunterace is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
First off, I just want to thank you guys for always taking the time to leave comments in my log. It really means a lot.

Bench
220x5
255x5
285x5 (Goalx5)

Incline Barbell Bench
140x10,160x10,175x8

Kroc Rows (using versa grips this cycle)
40x10,60x10, 90x19

BB curls
60x10,70x10,80x8
SS with
tricep bar overhead extension
40x20,50x20,18

Overall Workout Grade:B+

Notes:
The last couple days I've been a bit under the weather. I woke up last night with a sinus infection and a general achey feeling. Took advil all day to help with the symptoms. Anyway, went into this workout feeling like shit.
After the first couple sets on bench I felt real shakey and weak. I almost called it but I just pushed through.
I'm glad I did, it turned into a pretty good session.
Hit my bench goal, despite my issues. The last rep was a slow mo grinder. Had I had more sense I probably would have got nervous.
Decided to use my new versa grips on my rows this cycle, as opposed to no grip assistance at all. Also, after watching a bearded beast video on rows, put an emphasis on power. This started on my 2 warm up sets. Where I would normally do them slow and controlled, I focused on explosiveness and power. This helped prime me for the working set. I was pleased with the result. I think I had more in the tank, but I had broke last weeks record by 5 reps and didn't feel the need to push it.
Great workout Josh! Tough mofo liftin sick! Way to get it done no matter what! Couldn't agree more about explosiveness on lifts! Has changed my workouts and strength a lot! Hope you feel better soon, keep workin hard big man!!!
__________________
~~~Second Amendment~~~
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

~~~2 Chronicles 15:7 ~~~
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded.

!!!MY HEAD HURTS!!!
My Training Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...734#post494734
Hunterace is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
nov


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.