Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast
Default 65 Toss Power Trap

65 Toss Power Trap

I can't think of a better title for my new log, and for that I apologize. Neither can I think of a worse title, and for that I am grateful. I actually had a grandiose title a few days ago. Something like, "big val's quest to kill giants and slay dragons on his way to the top of the mountain of powerlifting imortality." This forum is full of enough of that. And quite frankly, I don't think I can, nor do I want to, live up to the kinds of expectations a title like that would conjure up. I could also have gone with "Poor wittle me, who has overcome heartache and disease. Look what I can do now." Nah.

So, "65 Toss Power Trap" is what it shall be.

I don't know why, but I've been mulling over 65 Toss Power Trap for a couple of months now. For those of you who don't know, 65 Toss Power Trap is a football play run by the Kansas City Chiefs in their victory over the Minnesota Vikings in Super Bowl IV, on January 11, 1970. I was 6 years old at the time. It was the first and last time I cried over a football game.

65 Toss Power Trap looks like this:

[IMG]65 Toss Power Trap.jpg[/IMG]

Now that I've had some more time to chew on things though, 65 Toss Power Trap, and Super Bowl IV in general offers some commentary on what this phase of my lifting is all about. In Super Bowl IV, Kansas City coach, Hank Stram, had his team exquisitely prepared. The Chiefs executed their gameplan flawlessly. Within the construct of the exquisite gameplan, however, Stram noticed some unexpected tendencies in the Vikings defense, and was able to tweak his plan to take advantage. One of those "tweaks" was a play called, "65 Toss Power Trap."

So it goes.

The gameplan is Wendler 5-3-1. Why? I've run it before. It has worked. I am familiar with it. I'm coming back from a layoff. I'm gonna roll with what I know. A "tweak" right off the bat, is the incorporation of singles. The objective being getting myself meet ready sometime in the uncertain future. A further "tweak" which I may opt to employ sometime down the road, is to lift twice a week, and combine a couple of lifts. We'll see how it goes though. I fully expect this to methodically morph into something different. And as long as progress is being made, I'm OK with that.

I started this afternoon. I'll post up tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 Toss Power Trap.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	4441  

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links