Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #31
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Solid progress there Dave.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Go Dave go.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 AM   #33
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26 Points: 1,905, Level: 26
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: DB Step Ups.. LOL:)
Fav Supp: F.O.O.D
Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Solid progress there Dave.

LtL
#Thanks my brother! Hopefully the shoulder holds up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Go Dave go.
#Thanks Steve!

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Muscletrainerdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #34
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn

Muscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributorMuscletrainerdh is a consistent contributor

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - Mid-Atlantic Club Manager's Association (MACMA) "Spring Fitness Event - Pittsburgh"

So I traveled 2 hours from my home to attend this event to represent my employer.

These events are always strange for me, as Corporate Fitness gyms don't necessarily have the same challenges as Commercial gyms. But still it was an awesome day.

The keynote presenter, Norm Bossio, was very good, funny, and motivating. Even though he has no experience in the fitness industry, he's a great story teller and got his points across. He wrote a book "How to Stay Motivated On The Deck of the Titanic"

The next presenter was from Group Exercise giant, Les Mills. I still get excited when I hear how Group Exercise is evolving however little I use it at my center. (There's only so much I can do with 1000 square feet!- LOL )

Break for lunch. I met trainers from all over Western PA. And found out the President of MACMA actually owns the Westmoreland Athletic Club and Galaxy Fitness which are both located near by.. Fun bunch of guys and girls.

Post lunch, now it's time to get busy. Aaron Moser from Perform Better led us through a dynamic warm up that is getting popular via Alwyn Cosgrove's "Results Gym". Lots of variations of Lunges, crawls, walk outs, and squats OH MY! I was dripping with sweat in the first 10 minutes.

As if an hour of that wasn't enough, Aaron then introduced us to the 1 inch power bands.. and who do I get partnered with? Oh just the Cross Fit instructor who's half my age, and has been a gymnast for 16 years! LOL Fun! Definitely getting these for my PT Practice and Fitness Center.

Finally, soaked through and through with sweat, it's time to learn some Kettlebell basics.. WHAT?!? We couldn't have done this in the first hour? ha ha ha, no Chance! Kettlebells are cool, but still challenging for me as I don't have regular exposure to them. I have medicine balls with handles at my fitness center which are kettlebell like but only go up to 15lbs. I learned the basics from the swing, pass through to the Turkish Get up... Oi! Hard work, but fun.

All in all, the day was a great escape from my normal job, and gave me some great ideas for my members and clients. So the take away is this:

If you're running a small Mom and Pop club in the Mid-Atlantic region, *JOIN MACMA*.
If you're looking for new torturous warm up, power bands, and kettlebell ideas, go see Aaron Moser of Perform Better!
I can still hold my own against 20-something Crossfit instructors.(In a non-Crossfit setting)

Sarcasm and Cynicism are not helpful or attractive traits, respond to posts as you wish to be responded to.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #35
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - PULL Workout

BW Chins
200 x 10
200 x 8
200 x 7

Super Setted with

BB Shrugs
225 x 10
250 x 10
280 x 10 <Strapped>

BB Rows
155 x 8
155 x 8
165 x 8

Seated Rows (Cybex)
130 x 8
137.5 x 8
145 x8

BB Curls
Bar x 15
65 x 10
75 x 8
85 x 6

Hammer Curl Drop Set
30 x 8
25 x 8
20 x 6
15 x 6
10 x 10

Old 05-23-2012, 07:21 AM   #36
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - PUSH Workout : Chest, Shoulders, Tricep

Well no bench today, so had to improvise

Dumbbell Bench Press
60 x 8
70 x 8
80 x 8

Plate Loaded Incline Bench
140 x 8
180 x 8
230 x 8

Dumbbell Laterals
20 x 8
25 x 8
30 x 8

Cable Tricep Kickback
20 x 8
30 x 8
40 x 8

Meh, have had better workouts. Left elbow started to twinge a bit, But chest was pumped!

Old 05-23-2012, 07:45 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletrainerdh View Post
Turkish Get up... Oi! Hard work, but fun.
Nothing like some TGUS after getting crushed by Mr. Crossfit.

Sounds like fun, but how times have changed. Fitness is so much more fun than it was years ago when we only had jogging, aerobics and maybe a jump rope.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:57 AM   #38
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nothing like some TGUS after getting crushed by Mr. Crossfit.

Sounds like fun, but how times have changed. Fitness is so much more fun than it was years ago when we only had jogging, aerobics and maybe a jump rope.
LOL "Crushed by" .... Have I really not updated this log in over a week?

*LAME*

Old 05-31-2012, 07:06 AM   #39
Muscletrainerdh
Uber Brawn

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - Legs 0 x

Leg Press
210 x 12
260 x 10
310 x 8
350 x 6

Super Setted With

Leg Extensions
110 x 12
130 x 10
150 x 8
160 x 6

Elevated Step Back Lunge

20 x 8
20 x 8
20 x 8

Super Setted With

Lateral Band Walks (Black band: Heavy)

BLK x 30 sec
BLK x 30 sec
BLK x 30 sec

Oooohhhhhh GLUTEBURN!

Romanian Deadlifts
135 x 12
185 x 10
225 x 8
250 x 6

Super Setted With

Leg Curl

90 x 12
110 x10
130 x 8
130 x 8

Seated Calf Raise
90 x 15
90 x 15
90 x 15

Old 05-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #40
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Solid work you have their...keep it up an that is a lot to do in a work out.
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote