Old 05-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #131
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Laid on the floor for a bit sweating like a stuck pig, before crawling home.

Seriously, I don't know how body builders do it! If I did workouts like that regularly, I'd be dead in a month.
I completely agree. I feel dead to the world, and my joints hurt to high Heaven.

Quote:
Rep PRs with 270 squat, 225 bench, 140 OHP, and 315 deads by the end of the this next cycle! Maybe even a C+P of 170 if all goes well. We'll see.
Get them all, and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #132
mab54
Max Brawn

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Those little BB days are a nice break, even if they leave you laying on the floor in your own sweat!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #133
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Good BB work there Mike. And good luck with your potential move. Could be the start of great things, under the iron and outside of it.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:08 PM   #134
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

OK, people. I'm going to need you to take shifts replying to my workouts so that I don't have to go back like three pages to find it! I need some volunteers for each day, since Uncle Ron is on hiatus.

Thanks, fellas! Good start to this cycle! Well, I had to push Monday's workout to today, but I can go Tues, Thurs, Sat this week, so no worries. And I rocked some squats and bench today. Very pleased!

Tuesday, cycle 2, week 1

Rowing and whatnot.

No power snatch as I didn't feel like it. Thumbs a little sore on first rep, so bagged it.

Power Cleans (L):
2x 3x 125, 1x 3x 135 (Really nailed these well)

Squat (H):
5x 215, 230
8x 240 (PR)*

Bench (M):
190x 8, 8, 6 (BOOM! PR. reps met, add 5)*
ss w/
Hi-Rows: 175x 8, 10, 9 (reps met, add 5)

Circuit:
Side Bends: 3x 12x 75DB
Glute Raise: 3x 12x 110DB
Hammers: 3x 10x 25DB

Little bit of shoulder stuff and flexibilty and rolled.

*8th rep with 240 was a bit of grind, but not overly so. And that's the first squat set that barely missed being a ton!! A one ton set coming very soon. I am seriousloy confident with squats at the moment.

But we'll see as weights and weekly volume increase. I'm creeping up on fairly heavy weights (for me) both Monday and Friday with squats, and I will keep going with it until something forces a change. But I can maybe see a few months into this where I might need to ease up on volume day with squats. We'll see.

*Man, some days with bench my form is perfect and I just rock the reps! Others not so much and I grind. It seems so simple to keep my form tight, but in practice some days it's just not as good as others.

But, today was a very good day!! I'll bask in my glory. At least until I'm humbled next time, anyway.

There you go. Good stuff. Onward and upward.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #135
tank
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

A squat and a bench PR... Doesn't get much better than that in one session. Congrats. Glad to see you're still getting after it.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #136
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

In about one more month you'll be doing 10 rep sets with your old meet PRs.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:16 PM   #137
Pull14
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

And the PR's continue to roll! Great work Mike.

... I'm sure Tann has another cool uncle.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #138
mab54
Max Brawn

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Great PRs Mike, you will blow away your meet PRs in no time and move on to bigger and better things!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #139
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Oh yeah mab, I'm way stronger than back then already! I'm blowing way past 1000, it'll be 1100 easy by end of year. I don't know about Steve's faith in my repping 300 squats for 10 in a month, but I'll be repping that much by the end of the summer. That's my goal. I'm on a mission to squat 405, Tank. That's it, no chance I'm stopping before that happens. I really think squatting almost everyday is a huge boost towards that goal. 3 times a week in the gym, but 20 rep BW squats or squat jumps on the off days, and I'm telling you, I am lightyears more confident in my squats.

Now, bench press and deadlifts I can see myself repping out those pretty soon as I have figured out some form flaws that were holding me back. I'm going to rock those lifts this year too once I am more consistent in my form in them.

I know it sounds cocky or whatever. But I am just so confident the numbers will fall. I have to just put in the work and stay healthy. I love the gym and god willing I stay healthy. I'm going to get there.

And god willing Tann has another uncle as this thread will drop into the nether world unless someone posts tomorrow!

BTW, the move will be to Richmond Va. In middle June. Anyone know any gyms around there?

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #140
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Not me. That's my old home, but when I was there I wasn't lifting.