MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Looking forward to you reaching your goals, MVP!

Very interested in this routine and diet too. I've been thinking I wanted to incorporate speed with my powerlifting, but also really need to get back into full body for the volume. I couldn't figure out how to blend them, so I love that you seem to have figured it out. Very interested in how this turns out for you.

Good luck with the new baby soon! I have two. And hey, living at home used to be the way people lived. Families always stayed together until they were forced apart. Nothing wrong with that. American society's current views on the subject are asinine. Do what you have to do to get where you want to go. If that means living with your parents, so be it. I moved back in at 29 for a couple years due to circumstances. Best decision of my life. Actually met my wife because of that decision.

And life is full of ups and downs, btw. I don't care who you are. Control what you can control. Leave the rest up to fate.

In for the ride.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #12
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19 Points: 1,278, Level: 19
Activity: 61% Activity: 61% Activity: 61%

Training Exp: +9 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: ANIMAL PAK
MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Thanks man. I really want my own place because I just feel like it's how it's supposed to be, but I could wait. The REAL problem is I bought a dog that is part Australian Shepherd and part pit bull, but it has a bad habit of biting people or growling at people; it's bi-polar and will turn in an instant.

It's growled at probably 12 members of my family and bit quite a few. It bit my sister in law for no reason and caused her face to bleed. My parents refuse to do anything with the dog; they just sit back and say "it's not aggressive"; they always make excuses for the dog when it disobeys.

I don't want my son being around that dog and they refuse to do anything with it. They let it in the house and when it's in the house it thinks it runs the show. I hate it with a passion. I've thought about shooting it before, but that's not the person that I am.

I just don't necessarily agree with my mom and dads rules and stuff. I think my wife and I would be a lot better off in our own place and doing these our own way. I just have to get my job back and I know that training doesn't have anything to do with that, but it can help me lose weight and stronger so the grunt work doesn't have as much as an affect on me next time.

Thanks guys for reading and commenting!

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"
MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #13
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

When are you getting started?
How's the job hunting going?
Updates man, we wanna know
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #14
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

The program looks really good, and I am actually thinking about doing a keto-esque mixed with paleo. 5-6 days with 30 carbs and nothing but high fat meats, then 1-2 days a very high carb low fat day.

Also best of luck on your journey! Stay strong my West Virginian friend.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:27 PM   #15
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn

MVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributorMVP is a dedicated contributor

Request to a moderator or administrator. Since currently re-evaluating my goals, I was curious if I could request my training logs title to be called "MVP's Leaner, Stronger, Faster in 2012". Thanks!

Quote:
The program looks really good, and I am actually thinking about doing a keto-esque mixed with paleo. 5-6 days with 30 carbs and nothing but high fat meats, then 1-2 days a very high carb low fat day.

Also best of luck on your journey! Stay strong my West Virginian friend.
Thanks, man! If there was some way you lived a lot closer it'd be nice because I have been looking for a workout partner for months and can't find one.

Stats:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 222lbs
Bodyfat: 27%
LBM: 162lbs
Fat lbs: 60lbs
Bench Press: 215 (at the moment, without training for 7 months)
Squat: 185lbs
Deadlift: 225lbs
Press: 125lbs
1 mile run: 11 minutes

Goal statistics and measurements:
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 181lbs
Bodyfat: 13%
Bench Press: 275lbs
Squat: 365lbs
Deadlift: 440lbs
Press: 175lbs
1 mile run: 6 minutes

My program of choice remains. I will be still utilizing the three day upper/lower full body split below.

Monday: ME Upper Body
3X5 Bench Press
3X5 Barbell Rows
3X8 Incline Press
3X? Pullups
3X10 Curls

Tuesday: ME Lower Body
3X5 Squat
1X5 Deadlift (Ramping sets)
3X5 Front Squat
3X10 Hanging Leg Raises
3X_ Ab Circuit

Wednesday: Anaerobic enhancement
3X10 Push ups
3X10 Sit ups
3X** Pull ups
Uphill Sprints
Dash Sprints

Thursday: RE Upper Body
3X5 OH Press
3X? Pullups
3X10 Bench Press
3X10 Barbell Rows
3X10 Close grip bench press

Friday: Aerobic conditioning
1 hour of continuous walking
5 minutes of continuous jogging (slow)

Saturday
I'm going to try to get some boxing in or something
I'll look into some DeFranco recommendations and find something from there

I want to do something achievable for nutrition. I don't want to be the guy that writes out professional diets and never follows them. I want to write out something effective, simple, cheap, and achievable. I am getting off of an A&E diet. I've never in my life strictly dieted, so I'm not going to pretend to set here and say I will quit everything cold turkey. I'll start out by cleaning up some meals and cutting calories, then as I lose weight it'll increase my desire to achieve more and more weight loss.

I'll probably make my diet something like this;
1- Scrambled Eggs, Bacon, Toast with butter
2- Spinach leaves, small amount of ranch dressing, cheese, bacon bits, grilled chicken, more boiled eggs, butter
3- Tuna with mayonnaise, nuts, and a snack
4- Some type of meat, more spinach leaves, romaine lettuce, nuts
5- Protein shake with Olive oil, more nuts

^ That is significant improvement for me. I am used to eating tons of carbs throughout the day, drinking tons of soda, eating like a horse directly before bed and having absolutely on activity at all. I will be aiming for 6 total eggs per day. Why? High in HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol), high in protein, high in healthy fats, and very delicious. I've got to lower my cholesterol to improve my heart health.

Supplements I will be taking:
1 serving of whey protein everyday ....for you guys that like to do cardio; should I take the whey BEFORE or AFTER cardio?
1 serving of creatine monohydrate after lifting
1 multi-vitmain, just a regular one-a-day mens vitamin
3 fish oil tablets everyday

Again, for the goals....

Currently: 5'8" 223lbs and 27% bodyfat (caliber tested). LBM of 162lbs. Squat- 185, Deadlift- 225, Bench- 215 (this is after NOT training for 8 months)
Goal: 5'8" 181lbs and 12% bodyfat (caliber tested). LBM of 159lbs. Squat- 365, Deadlift- 440, Bench- 275...

Lets remember by improving our CNS's ability to use our current muscle efficiently, we can improve strength gains on a cut. I plan to get leaner, stronger, and faster while on this cut.

I will be taking out carbs completely on Saturdays. I will be weighing myself each Sunday after the program has started. I will weigh myself upon wakening in the mornings, before eating. I will be tracking my progress in bodyfat every month on the last day starting this month.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." - Philippians 4:13"

Last edited by MVP; 03-07-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I want to do something achievable for nutrition. I don't want to be the guy that writes out professional diets and never follows them. I want to write out something effective, simple, cheap, and achievable. I am getting off of an A&E diet. I've never in my life strictly dieted, so I'm not going to pretend to set here and say I will quit everything cold turkey. I'll start out by cleaning up some meals and cutting calories, then as I lose weight it'll increase my desire to achieve more and more weight loss.
I think that's wise. You have to cater the diet to your needs and to be realistic. I never eat 100% clean while cutting, and I always allow some wiggle room for calories....+- 200-300 per day.

Good luck man, get this done.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn

I'm already getting a little discouraged. I have been eating tons of greens, Subway instead of fast food when I am out, and I have been eating grilled chicken and etc. Good news is yesterday I had KFC and almost spit it back out (hated the greasy taste), but the bad news is I had some left over lasagna last night and woke up with the usual EXTREMELY painful chest pains that I used to get when eating fast food.

Lets keep in mind, I have probably eaten fast food at least 340 days of the year for the past 5 years. If you remember the guy from WV that did the "Super-size me", then I am much worse off than he was.

I have fortunately got the craving for fast food out of my system.

Another thing I was reminded by when I made this reply, is when I sneeze I feel some type of pain in my veins and arteries. Like an intense sting like you get when your foot goes to sleep and I have to wiggle my arms to get a feel back into it. I am thinking this could be a circulatory problem?

Old 03-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Well at least you are losing the taste for fast food, not to sure about the chest pains though.

Also what part of WV are you from?
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Lets keep in mind, I have probably eaten fast food at least 340 days of the year for the past 5 years.
Hang in there and make sure you're getting in enough fats.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:41 PM   #20
MVP
Liftin' heavy
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hang in there and make sure you're getting in enough fats.
Yeah, I've been eating a bunch of peanuts with every meal. You know, I never dreamed it'd be so darn hard to find unsalted almonds in the grocery stores. It's literally a shame!

Quote:
Well at least you are losing the taste for fast food, not to sure about the chest pains though.

Also what part of WV are you from?
I inherited natural heart problems from both my grandfathers. The only problem is I actually fed the stray dog and now it's going to be hard to get rid of it. I can get back in good condition, but it's going to require some changes.

I am originally from McDowell County, then moved to Raleigh County for a while, but now I am back in McDowell County again with my parents until my wife and I can get back on our feet.