Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #31
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
What is your view on the whole 'if you don't eat every 4 hours your body enters a catabolic state' theory? Personally, I find it very hard to eat numerous times a day and have special difficulty eating in the morning.
Bro science. I'm pretty sure I spend more than four hours asleep every night and yet my muscles don't appear to be withering away...
Old 02-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #32
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Bro science. I'm pretty sure I spend more than four hours asleep every night and yet my muscles don't appear to be withering away...
Lies! You are an alien from the Planet Zog who has come down to teach the human population how to lift really heavy weights
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #33
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

He is an alien!

In regards to the catabolism thing and bearing in mind I'm really quite new to this area, it seems, at least from initial looking at the research and practical evidence, that the body is neither as delicate or as transient as the muscle comics would have you believe.

- In regards to training, I've been feeling flubbered all day today. Skipped this morning and went out to train in the evening just now, felt incredibly sore and tight every where so I just did a few warm-ups and called it there, didn't risk it.

Officially a day off. Also going to eat my face off tonight.

Last edited by Fazc; 02-29-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #34
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
On the other side of the fence, nearly every bodybuilder in the last 30 years has used frequent feeding successfully without fail. So while it may not be necessary, it certainly has little downside. I also think there is often too narrow of a view of what meals actually constitute. Half my meals over the years have been only shakes and fruit, or simply protein.

Only reason I post this is because there is a certain section of the IF community that mocks/discounts frequent feeding despite the fact that, to my knowledge, it has never let a bodybuilder down.

I am the first to admit that other options can, and do certainly work. I use a variation of IF and pseudo-Paleo.

/End derail.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #35
Fazc
Max Brawn

Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Only reason I post this is because there is a certain section of the IF community that mocks/discounts frequent feeding despite the fact that, to my knowledge, it has never let a bodybuilder down.
Yeah, and it's unfortunate but you get it everywhere there is a cultish following for an idea. People align themselves to it and base part of their self-worth on the idea - You attack the idea, you attack me!

As for me, I hope you don't think I'll get as obsessive about that as some of those guys. It seems to be convenient for now and helps with adherence, I'll need another few months before I can make a proper decision.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #36
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

Officially a day off. Also going to eat my face off tonight.
Good plan. One of the things I like best about IF. I really enjoy eating after lifting, or eating while sitting around relaxing in the evening.

Old 02-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #37
Fazc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good plan. One of the things I like best about IF. I really enjoy eating after lifting, or eating while sitting around relaxing in the evening.
Definitely. I'm supposed to be eating 2k cals anyway but I might sneak in some extra choccies as well. 'to aid recovery' wink wink
Old 02-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Yeah, and it's unfortunate but you get it everywhere there is a cultish following for an idea. People align themselves to it and base part of their self-worth on the idea - You attack the idea, you attack me!

As for me, I hope you don't think I'll get as obsessive about that as some of those guys. It seems to be convenient for now and helps with adherence, I'll need another few months before I can make a proper decision.
Not at all. And sorry if I sounded pushy or brash in any way. Sometimes I type and realize after the fact that I might have sounded like an arse.

One of the things I enjoy about interactions here is that we take the time to process information and do our best to stay focused on results and not dogma.

I didn't mean to thread bomb your log. I have run across some IF fanatics over yonder who won't listen to the other side of things. My only intention in this discussion is to present both sides so people can be educated if one option isn't working for them.

I'm nearly at year 5 of IF myself. I love it. It's great for slowing metabolisms and big night eaters, amongst other things.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-29-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #39
Fazc
Max Brawn

No need for apologies mate, we're just chatting.

Yeah funny isn't it, I guess I'm not surprised by the fanatic-fringe of IF'ers. Despite Berkhan's insistence on keeping it casual and detail-free it's inevitable human behaviour!
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #40
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Make sure you get an eating PB tonight mate!