Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor
Default Masters Of Our Destiny: Chillen and Wesrman

Im Wes, from London Ontario Canada. Im certified as a personal trainer, and have been working out off and on for about 10 years.

As many of you know i have suffered with adrenal fatigue/fibro/chronic fatigue/depression (not exactly sure) for a yr and a half now. It causes me to have very poor recovery and has zapped my strength and stamina almost completely. Some days i can barely do 20 push ups. Drs have been no help at all, and i refuse to take anti depressants, so i am working on fixing the problem myself through diet, exercise, and positive thinking.

Goals:
My goals are to get back to enjoying training, to be working out consistently, to improve my mental thought patterns, and to recover from these health issues.

Plan:
My plan is to try to not rush progression in the gym. I need to take things very slow or my body hates me. This is going to be difficult for me because my normal way is to push for progression.

I would eventually like to have a set routine, but for the moment im trying to get my motivation back so im doing whatever i feel like as long as im doing something. At the moment i dont have much equipment, or a gym membership, so im improvising a lot and working with what i have. That may change in the near future.

Ive been eating low carb for the last few months and liking it. I do still have days where i fall off the wagon, but so far its going pretty well. Im still getting used to not carbing up before and after workouts.

I also plan to use this log as a way to learn, post interesting or funny things, and to have fun. I need more laughter and fun in my life cuz i can easily get down from my situation if im not careful.

I hope to look back at this post in a year or so and be in a completely different place in life. Both phisically and mentally.

Last edited by wesrman; 02-22-2012 at 10:47 AM.
wesrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

If you believe in yourself and what you're trying to achieve, act like it. Spend time on the things that you value. Give your goals the attention they deserve. Live your life every day trusting the wisdom of your direction. Knowing you can do it is a great first step to getting anything done. The next, often tougher step, is turning the words of your wishes into a solid way to make it happen.

(Chillen)

This is what I believe, and this is how I behave in real life. I make no excuses. Like I put on my cloths, take a piss and shit each day, I have fitness training and health so intertwined into my life, its not a habit, but a complete lifestyle change. Its as important I take care of the vessel in which walks me through life. And, its only up to me.

I will also post my dietary and fitness goals, where I am currently, and where I want to go in more detail in the next post. I keep a rather extensive training and dietary journal In One Note/Excel, and will copy/past these here with notations as we move forward.

Wes, you post your goals first, and then I will get to mine.

Best regards,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 02-21-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Tuesday February 21/12

Couple sets each:

Squats
Lateral Raises
Rear Delt Raises
Barbell Curls
Overhead Extensions

Squats were very light. I have a hard time recovering from leg work so going easy right now. I was running stairs for a while, but winter came back so thats out for now. Was fun working arms for a change.

Ill probably do a mix of full body and upper/lower splits.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Ive been eating low carb for the last few months and liking it. I do still have days where i fall off the wagon, but so far its going pretty well. Im still getting used to not carbing up before and after workouts.
We all want you to succeed Wes, and you know we mean that.

What types of healthy fats are you eating while low carb?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #5
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We all want you to succeed Wes, and you know we mean that.

What types of healthy fats are you eating while low carb?
Depends what you mean by healthy. :P

Im eating sardines regularly and supping with omega 3s, butter, cheese, nuts and seeds, bacon and eggs, beef etc.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Depends what you mean by healthy. :P

Im eating sardines regularly and supping with omega 3s, butter, cheese, nuts and seeds, bacon and eggs, beef etc.
^ Looks solid.

I meant fats in general, and assumed you were not eating a lot of corn oil and other random nastiness. Just didn't word it correctly.

it was also my sneaky way of being nosey, making sure you weren't undereating fat. I didn't think you were but I didn't want to stick my nose in where it didn't belong.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #7
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
^ Looks solid.

I meant fats in general, and assumed you were not eating a lot of corn oil and other random nastiness. Just didn't word it correctly.

it was also my sneaky way of being nosey, making sure you weren't undereating fat. I didn't think you were but I didn't want to stick my nose in where it didn't belong.
Feel free to ask Steve. I know you care and im not easily offended.

Im also adding olive oil and cream to my shakes.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I'll be real curious to see if this eating approach helps your condition. There are indications that this sort of lifestyle is great for overall health, and I am really hoping it makes a difference for you.

Old 02-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #9
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
I'll be real curious to see if this eating approach helps your condition. There are indications that this sort of lifestyle is great for overall health, and I am really hoping it makes a difference for you.
Yes ive read quite abit about it and it seems like it should help with adrenal function. Im hopeful at this point that it will be good.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #10
wesrman
Max Brawn

Thursday February 23/12

3 Circuits:
Push Ups
Pull Ups
Squats
Chinnies

Finished up with 3 sets of grippers.

hope things are going well for everyone.