Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #71
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
Thank you, Steve. I am just in the opinion (referring to myself), that I do not want to be left "holding my penis" (so-to-speak), when a problem comes up in training or diet. If I am making sacrifices to fit certain criteria of fitness into my life, and making a heart-felt effort in the gym, then I WANT some data to help me help myself--when a problem develops (and they do). You know, they never a wrote a book for each of us individually, we have to write it ourselves.
Statistics is my passion and it's impossible for me to train without analyzing numbers and patterns.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #72
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

And wow, that's a lot of crappie...

Old 04-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #73
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
And wow, that's a lot of crappie...
They were good too, ate about 5 fillets this afternoon, along with a huge salad, and Nutella/PB combo on double fiber bread.

And, have a few more in the freezer. Son was quite generous...

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #74
Chillen
Max Brawn

Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
C-man. I, for one would love to see the spreadsheets you work from? I am a bit geekish and that turns my crank. Nice fish. Good eating?
This is my One Note Journal, I keep writing about. I love one note, its basically a electronic notebook, in which can link various pictures, word and excel docs, etc. And, fits the imperfect-perfectionist I am in wanting to KNOW the numbers and trends as I work with the diet and weights.

Going back to 2006/2007, and which is linked to the current 2012 one note:

And, here I am showing an example, where I have data dating back to 2007/2006, and this same notebook leads up to the present day. (displayed is 2006/2007):

================================================== ======

Current One Note:

The Main tabs are currently minimized (when I snagged a shot), but would normally display each day of the month, etc.

================================================== =======

This is my Harris-Benedict Excel Page, where I entered in the formulas, and converted Kilograms and pounds, and added in the multipliers.

================================================== =====

One of two racks I have in my garage. I have this one on one wall, and another on the opposite wall.

And, here is an example workout sheet, I use electronically. I use the same sheet in the hand written notebook (from the previous example pics), and then transfer the data to the same sheet in excel). This way I have a an electronic backup, as well as the hand written one, I use when working out, and displaying the reps, weight etc. As you can see in this pic, I have the total pounds moved as compared to the total pounds moved in the previous workout for each body part, as well reps, sets, body weight, etc, etc.

And, a blank example:

My hand written diet planner. This may need an explanation, if you want it, I can explain why its set up this way.

================================================== =======

They are all inter-connected, and its a nice setup overall.

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 04-10-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #75
Chillen
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Statistics is my passion and it's impossible for me to train without analyzing numbers and patterns.
And, they are mine, boss. One can learn a great deal about their self as time moves on in their personal goals with quality numeric input. And, use this quality numeric input, to make adjustments as the body feeds back the responses.

Thank you for commenting.

Best regards,

Chillen

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 PM   #76
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

That satisfied my inner geek. Thanks for sharing that.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:07 PM   #77
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Hey
Sorry I've been gone , but I have no internets and I've been busy. I've moved, started a new job, met a girl I might like, and joined a gym. Things are good. Health is still up and down, but better overal than it used to be.

Training at a gym for the first time in years was odd. It's going to take me time to get comfortable.

I'll try to get on here more from my phone.
wesrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #78
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrman View Post
Hey
Sorry I've been gone , but I have no internets and I've been busy. I've moved, started a new job, met a girl I might like, and joined a gym. Things are good. Health is still up and down, but better overal than it used to be.

Training at a gym for the first time in years was odd. It's going to take me time to get comfortable.

I'll try to get on here more from my phone.
Sounds like good things going on Wes.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #79
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Thanks Steve. Things are looking up for the first time on a long time.hope you're doing well also.
wesrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #80
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

All is good.