RogueDynamics
New Brawn

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats, squats, squats!
Fav Supp: Jack3d
RogueDynamics is off to a bad start
Default RogueDynamics' Updated Training Log

Hey MaB peeps! It's been quite some time (I think close to a year) since I posted, or even thought about updating my training log, so I figured I'd just start a new one. (Mods, if this is not allowed, please just shoot me a PM and I'll track down my old log)

In spring of last year, I really started working hard on gaining strength, and if I'm honest, my reasoning was because my girlfriend was stronger than me. I was 5'10, 135lbs, and weak from a grueling retail job at a clothing store. I started off with the 3 month beginners muscle building workout and took to it immediately. When I was nearing the end of the 3 month period, I stopped going to the AnyTime Fitness near my house and started going to the gym at my school where I eventually met Cameron Bush, a lifter for team USA. Though his personality was a little raw, he new his shit about lifting and I started taking notes. He taught me about Sheiko, the truth behind supplements (most are a waste of money), and is encouraging me to pursue my certifications over this summer.

It's been several months since I finished my first cycle of Sheiko and my new PRs are 265/245/335. These numbers still place me pretty low on the Sheiko scale, but it gives me something to work towards!

I would like to give a very heartfelt thank you to all of the senior posters on here. Your articles are fantastic and have really helped me not only reach my goals, but help me show my brother (who has recently started lifting) the benefits of being a classic strongman.

Starting on Monday I will be posting the workout that we've been doing called Zombie Terminator. It's something I came up with over the past few months to focus on strength in compound movements, but more essentially, movements I will use in real life, such as squatting (full motion) to pick something up, lifting something above my head (do that a lot in my I.T. job) and picking things up off the ground.

I will never claim to know it all, and welcome any and all advice to those that want to give it! To all the "hardgainers" out there: I know what it's like, but don't be a pussy. Screw your damn abs, eat everything you can get your hands on, and work hard! In the fantastic words of Rock Rannick, "LIFT HEAVY ASS WEIGHTS!"

- Joe
Old 02-09-2012, 01:30 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Glad to have you back.

Quote:
Zombie Terminator
Can't lose with that name. Also, powerlifting league lifts are entered in kgs.

Smash some PRs!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
RogueDynamics
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Glad to have you back.

Can't lose with that name. Also, powerlifting league lifts are entered in kgs.

Smash some PRs!
Aaaaaand now I feel like a dummy. I was wondering why everyone else had such low numbers. I'll adjust my numbers after class. I wonder if anyone else in my weight class realizes this :P
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueDynamics View Post
Aaaaaand now I feel like a dummy. I was wondering why everyone else had such low numbers. I'll adjust my numbers after class. I wonder if anyone else in my weight class realizes this :P
No problem! I did it at first too.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
RogueDynamics
New Brawn

After a little confusion, I got my weights sorted out on the powerlifting league, and here's Zombie Terminator Mondays. My little bro and I will be hitting it after he gets out of class, and I'll be posting numbers later on tonight.

*6-10 reps for 3 sets unless otherwise noted*

Monday:

Squat *4 sets*

Decline Bench

Incline Bench

Flat Bench

Bent Over Row

Chins

Shrugs

Throws/5MA and 3 sets of planks

Notes: Alternate between standard bench and dumbbell bench every other week
Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Destroy it. Best of luck.