Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Muscle_G's 2012 Powerlifting log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8795)

muscle_g 01-29-2012 08:36 AM

Muscle_G's 2012 Powerlifting log

Well my old journal is a 2011 log, so since it's a new year I figured I need to start a new log. As most of you know I just competed in a raw meet. Now I will start gearing back up and get ready for a SPF meet in May. Goals for the meet will to total between 1500-1600.

Training will look the same basically
Mon- Bench
Tue- Squats
Wed- Auxiliary
Thu- Declines
Fri- Deadlifts
Sat- Auxiliary

BendtheBar 01-30-2012 02:07 PM

In.

J_Byrd 01-30-2012 02:15 PM

Sounds like a plan! I will be down there that weekend as well. I am thinking about holding off and doing the APF nationals in June though. I am sure some of the guys I lift with will want to compete though.

muscle_g 01-30-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 212394)
Sounds like a plan! I will be down there that weekend as well. I am thinking about holding off and doing the APF nationals in June though. I am sure some of the guys I lift with will want to compete though.

I'll hopefully see you there. Me Disciple X, and Traphouse are all supposed to be competeing.

muscle_g 02-02-2012 05:44 PM

Taking this week off to recup from the meet. I will be starting back in the gym Monday.

muscle_g 02-03-2012 11:00 AM

Here's my best lifts at the APA meet from this past weekend

MikeM 02-03-2012 05:21 PM

Well done!

Good luck in 2012! Looking forward to your geared work.

I've heard various answers to this, but am curious for your take on geared lifting and raw as you seem to have done a lot of both and apparently still do both in competition. Do you think one helps the other?

muscle_g 02-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeM (Post 213713)
Well done!

Good luck in 2012! Looking forward to your geared work.

I've heard various answers to this, but am curious for your take on geared lifting and raw as you seem to have done a lot of both and apparently still do both in competition. Do you think one helps the other?

Yes I really feel that building alot of raw strength carries over to geared strength. Alot of people will disagree with me but raw work is what really builds strength. But you also have to practice alot in your gear to be strong in it as well. The more you use the gear the better you will get in it.

If I aint training for a meet I do 2 raw weeks and 1 geared week. If I'm getting ready for a geared meet I am in my gear in some way or form every week. Raw meet it's totally raw for the entire training cycle.

Fazc 02-03-2012 08:26 PM

Good luck from a fellow competitor!

muscle_g 02-05-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazc (Post 213766)
Good luck from a fellow competitor!

Thanks alot Fazc:D

Be back in the gym tomorrow, and I can't wait!!!