Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Cool!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #652
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Training will be taking an interesting twist, at least for the next 6 weeks. An elder in the church will be training with me. I will be training in the afternoon on Tuesdays and Thursdays and mid morning on Saturdays. We are also going to give DC Training a go. Once April hits, He is heavy into Little League, so we will see what happens after that.
I like rest pause work. Good luck. Very good DOMs for me.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #653
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 2/12/13

DC TRAINING

THE WORK

Floor Press
5 x 45 wu
5 x 90 wu
5 x 115 wu
155# x 10 +4 +4 + 15 second static hold

Behind the Neck Press
5 x 45wu
5 x 95 wu
115# x 8 +4 +3 +10second static hold

Bench Dips
BW+35# x 10 +8 +8 + 20 second static hold

Chins
15 second bent arm hang

Rack Deadlifts
3 x 133
3 x 221
291# x 7

NOTES
First time with a training partner, he was a little late so I started without him. He came half way through the floor presses. It was fun and intense. My heart was pounding, we both worked up a great sweat and finished up feeling like we had been put through the wringer. Fun and intense.

Floor Press - 155 is a personal best for me on this exercise. It felt almost too light which is a good sign. Static hold was a half negative, tough after the rest pause set.
BHNP - thought my arms would fall off
Bench Dips - others had never seen one with extra weight. 35 was actually too light, I will add more weight next time.
Chins - need work, Nuff said.
Rack Deads - these went up so easy it was scary. The Fit For The King folks were coming in as we were doing these. Mine were conventional grip, Jeff went sumo. My legs were shaking when done.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #654
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
First time with a training partner, he was a little late so I started without him. He came half way through the floor presses. It was fun and intense. My heart was pounding, we both worked up a great sweat and finished up feeling like we had been put through the wringer. Fun and intense.
How did the joints handle things?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #655
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How did the joints handle things?
After day 1 they feel fine, let's see in a week or so.

On a separate note. Doc called and liver enzymes and LDL back up so I will be back to my strict low carb diet. I am curious to see the numbers, hope to have them by Friday.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 02-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #656
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 2/14/2013 No love shown today

DC Training

THE WORK

EZ Bar Drag Curls
5 x bar wu
10 x 22 Plate Weight Only wu
6 x 32 PWO wu
15 x 37 +5 +3 + 10 second negative hold

Reverse Grip BB Curls
10 x 35
10 x 35

Standing Calf Raises
10 x 183 - Hold at the top of each rep
6 x 183

Straight Leg Dead Lift
5 x 45 wu
5 x 133 wu
17 x 153

Squats
5 x 45 wu
9 x 203
20 x 153

NOTES
Just in case anyone is wondering about the odd weights recorded, The Fit For the King Gym weights are mostly international, all of our larger plates are international. Having gone through school without learning the metric system, I just use the strange numbers.

Drag Curls - had a great pump, veins were popping.
Reverse Grip BB Curls - We have a 35 bar, a favorite with the ladies. Never having done these I started light, probably way too light as these felt more like a hammer curl than a forearm exercise.
Standing Calves - Goal was to hold the top up to 15 seconds each rep. My balance not being great of late, that didn't happen much. Got the first rep to 15 and the last rep to 15 of the first set and just decided to do slow reps on the rest.
Straight Leg Deadlifts - Started too light. I failed on the 18th rep, should have failed earlier.
Squats - First working set was okay, a good start. The widow maker set was just the right weight. Legs were toast when done.

I have had DOMS in my lats all day, we will see how the legs feel tomorrow. Had blood work done on Tuesday. Last night I get a call asking me to call the office back, means 1 of two things a.) I owe money or b.) something was not good.

Test - mid normal, pretty exciting considering 2 years ago it was 230, I didn't like the Androgel and have been primarily relying on Vitamin D3 and DAA

Vit D levels - good

Cholesterol - total is up and LDL is up, HDL and try were good, I forgot to ask about my ratio. I suspect the Coconut oil I have been using lately may have contributed to this uptick. I will be retested late next week so no Coconut oil to see if that moves things any.

Liver enzymes - Nurse says, "your liver enzymes are elevated and the Doctor would like to you stop drinking immediately." I had to hold my breath because I am a teetotaler. I then reminded her that I have been diagnosed with "Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver" so I wasn't surprised my levels were up. In October I increased my carb intake, guess my body isn't liking that. Aside from the coconut oil, that is the only other change I have made since my last blood work. Anyway, Liver doc had told me, way back when that the Low Carb Diet I was eating was probably the best thing I could do. So, back to low carb diet with simple carbs primarily on workout days.

Day two of this routine is in the books. I am liking it so far. Happy V day everyone.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Last edited by bamazav; 02-14-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #657
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Last night I get a call asking me to call the office back, means 1 of two things a.) I owe money or b.) something was not good.
Well I hate to say this but I hope it's the first choice.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:58 PM   #658
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well I hate to say this but I hope it's the first choice.
She is concerned about the liver enzymes. I will go again on Thursday for more blood work.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 02-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #659
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
She is concerned about the liver enzymes. I will go again on Thursday for more blood work.
So that might be adrenaline or thyroid related, or from something like Celiac's, diabetes...I think.

Keep me in the loop hombre.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #660
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
So that might be adrenaline or thyroid related, or from something like Celiac's, diabetes...I think.

Keep me in the loop hombre.
I already have non-alcoholic fatty liver, but a few of the other numbers have me curious about the thyroid.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR