Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

McCallum Hybrid Training

NOTES
Good day. While the chart says I finished at 10 AM, I actually finished about ten minutes earlier. Session was pretty straight forward. I will be making some changes to my leg work. More focus on hip/glute work.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #612
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Dead numbers look good. Back handle them well?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #613
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Dead numbers look good. Back handle them well?
Hips were real tight today, scared me for a minute. That is why I stayed at 275. Gonna work on my hips over next few weeks. Read something today were Dr. McGill was saying that hip rotation is probably more important than knees in heavier deads and squats. I need to find the exact quote again.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 01-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #614
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Hips were real tight today, scared me for a minute. That is why I stayed at 275. Gonna work on my hips over next few weeks. Read something today were Dr. McGill was saying that hip rotation is probably more important than knees in heavier deads and squats. I need to find the exact quote again.
Let me know if you find the link.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #615
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Let me know if you find the link.
Found it.

Bret Contreras Random Thoughts

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #616
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Thanks

Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #617
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

NOTES
Weight down a bit, 11/4 lb over past two weeks. Seems small, but I wanting a slow cut. My goal is to cut fat not muscle. I would actually be happy to stay the same weight if this fat can melt off.

SQUATS - new PR on final set. Will keep 20 rep weight the same for next week.
HIP THRUSTS - goal? To build strong glutes and improve hip performance, while minimizing lower back issues.
BHNP - no record just good solid work. Final 20 was a burner.
SMITH PENDLAY - Not much to say. Will be trying out some different row variations
FLOOR PRESS- been a while since I have done these. Felt goodman.jpg

Have a great weekend.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #618
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
SQUATS - new PR on final set. Will keep 20 rep weight the same for next week.
Excellent. On a solid roll.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #619
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Excellent. On a solid roll.
Been feeling good of late.

On a side note, Brett has written a good article on glute imbalances. Check out his blog.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 01-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #620
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 1/15/13 Dog House Training

10 x 3 challenge

THE WORK

Squats
2 x 3 x 205
8 x 3 x 185
DB Pullovers
10 x 5 x 20

Hip Thrusters
3 x 10 x 95

Bench Press
10 x 3 x 125

Chins
5 x 3 x BW (197.4 this AM)

BHNP
3 x 10 x 95

NOTES
I was looking forward to today's session. I wanted to experiment with rep scheme. I had to take my son to his doctor's appointment this morning so that pushed my session back until noon. I am giving Juggernaut a try as my pre-workout. With that taken, I set about the work.

Squats - Was ambitious and started using 205, but realized I probably was not going to get 10 sets with that weight. Not being sure what to expect I backed down to 185 and plan to add 5 lbs on Friday. I felt like I actually got stronger as the sets went along, though I started to feel the work about an hour after the session

Hip Thrusts - Will add some weight next time and will also move these to before the squats. My goal is to try to induce better glute activation overall and it has been suggested to do these before the squats to help bring this about. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Bench - May have actually started these too light. I was unsure what to expect from the 10 x 3 scheme. I worked really fast with rest being only long enough to enter into my log and then throw the ball for the dog. I will add weight on Friday.

Chins - Rather than adding reps, I will be adding sets to these until I can get to 10 x 3. I will add one set next time.

BHNP - Today was a lighter shoulder day. I will do the BHNP 10 x 3 on Wednesday along with the deadlifts.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR