Menace
Max Brawn
Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64 Points: 9,293, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Probably seated row
Fav Supp: Anabolic Pump
emekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beastemekajokammor is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Thanks man. That is the plan!

My Smith is one that is straight up and down, some are at an angle. I do indeed set the bumpers at the very bottom. This actually puts the bar only about an inch higher than it would be if I was pulling 45's from the floor. Since I have long limbs, it works great for me and allows a full ROM. I am growing to really like this exercise.
So hard to find a straight up and down smith in a gym. They are all on that angle that messes with my ROM on certain lifts

www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
emekajokammor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #562
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
So hard to find a straight up and down smith in a gym. They are all on that angle that messes with my ROM on certain lifts
I stumbled upon this one while hunting some equipment for the Ministry gym. It's primary use these days? Pendlays, Glass Style OHP, and GHR. It has paid for itself in that respect.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #563
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 12/10/2012 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

THE WORK

SQUATS
10 X 135
10 X 135
20 X 135
db PULLOVERS
3 X 10 X 20

GLUTE HAM RAISE
10 X BW
10 X BW
15 X BW

BENCH PRESS
5 X 95
4 X 135
PUMPESETS
10 X 8 X 75

SMITH PENDLAY
3 X 8 X 60 - PLATE WIEGHT ONLY

GLASS STYLE OHP
3 X 8 X 50 - PLATE WEIGHT ONLY

HANGING KNEE RAISES
3 X 10 X BW

NOTES
This will be a shortened week for me as I leave Thursday evening for Alabama, my son graduates on Saturday. Was looking forward to hitting it today.

Squats - will add 10 lbs next week and work toward another 20 rep set. Last week I over thought things and form broke down. Today I just hit the rack and knocked out some squats, no thinking, just doing. Worked.
GHR - Getting better but still long for the day I can go down and come up without a push off.

Bench Press - No PR, was focusing on hitting the chest as best as I could. Next time I will shoot for a 5 x 5 x 135 and then I will increase weight

Smith Pendlay - Focused on my squeeze. Just sitting here a tad uncomfortable as some DOM action has kicked in right where it should be.

Glass OHP - Simply didn't want to leave the shoulders out. Wednesday I will hit the shoulders harder, as I won't have my regular Friday session.

Hanging Knees - I am trying to come to grips with the reality that I need to increase both my ab work and my cardio if I want to reach my goals. It is not much, but it is a start.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #564
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Safe travels. How has the body been holding up lately?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #565
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Lots of work,nice variety!

You reminded me to do cardio...

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #566
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Safe travels. How has the body been holding up lately?
Body is dong well, staggaring the pumpsets has helped. I have the Bench on Mondays and BHNP on Fridays with legs sandwiched in between, that seems to be working well so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Lots of work,nice variety!

You reminded me to do cardio...
I will do my cardio if you do yours.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 12-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #567
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 12/12/12 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

WORKING SETS

Rack Dead Lifts
5 x 135
5 x 185
5 x 255
4 x 275

Behind the Neck Presses
5 x 95
5 x 115
5 x 135
5 x 140 - PR
5 x 145PR
PUMPSETS
10 x 8 x 70

Vertical Leg Press/Leg Curls Super set
10 x 120
8 x 140
8 x 140
Leg Curls
15 x 50
15 x 50
12 x 50

Incline Bench
5 x 95
5 x 115
8 x 135

NOTES
Dilly dallied this morning and got started late. Over all I felt good.

Rack Deads - Trying not to push the weight too fast, but feel bad for not doing more than 275.
BHNP - PR on heavy sets, actually felt pretty easy. Pump sets felt too light until the last two sets, then the pump hit.
Vertical Leg Press/ Leg Curls - goal? wear legs out. Still trying to get used to the leg press. Today felt much better, but still a bit awkward. The high rep leg curls were painful in a good sort of way.
Incline Bench - a good finish to a good day.

Heading to Tuscaloosa tomorrow. We will be gone through Monday. Will catch up on journals when we return.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 12-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #568
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Presses are starting to creep into some really strong numbers. Those pump sets look crazy by the way.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #569
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 12/19/2012 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

THE WORK

NOTES
Well, I am now the proud parent of a University of Alabama Graduate. Trip went great. Good to have the entire family together, even if only for a weekend. Now to pray a job for Josh.

I was ready to get back in the Dog House. Lay offs can sometimes be depressing.

Rack Deads - Slow and steady increases. This week I increased total sets and reps, adding two reps to the top set. Will add a little weight next week.
Inclines - Not for strength building but muscle building. Focused on pecs, did hit them.
Vertical Leg Press/leg Curl superset - These were also muscle building, leg tiring in their goal. Look easy on paper, but I am glad I was already laying down when finished.
Glass OHP - Just enough shoulder work to get the breathing and heart rate up, not too much as to wear the shoulders out before the Shoulder emphasis on Friday.

Short and sweet, but right to the point. Having the boys home, meant the dog had someone else to pay attention to so I could focus entirely on the weights. Loved it! I am now thinking through my dietary goals for the upcoming year. I am glad I have taken some time to free eat, so to speak, as my metabolism needed some recovery time. I plan to start the cut down on January 1, with a slow cut down to muscle viewing size.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 12-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #570
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well, I am now the proud parent of a University of Alabama Graduate.
Nice Christmas present.