Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #381
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Love the training partner pic.

Glad to see you back at it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 PM   #382
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 8/24/12 Dog House Training

NO SURRENDER

The Work

NOTES

Good day in the Dog House. Trying out some new things and having fun. I am working out the kinks of a hybrid of Greyskull LP and some of McCallum's ideas. Mainly playing with rep schemes. Monday I hope to begin in earnest. Back is still sore, so I have not been pushing too hard yet.

Declines will be making us of these as well as inclines. Do take some getting used to.
Neck Harness a couple different authors I have read lately have spoken about neck work. I do not have a neck harness, yet, so I used my dip belt. A little awkward but doable. I have never done any neck work so it was a new experience.
Chins - I will be using the ladder method over the course of the next few weeks. I will be doing ladders at least three times daily, more if possible in an effort to improve my chins. When I feel good with these, I will switch to pull ups and do the same thing.
Front squats I will be using these as my primary leg work as long as my back is gimpy. I stopped at 10 on the last set as I started to lean forward too much,getting up on my toes.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #383
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hope those front squats treat you well.

Quote:
Greyskull LP
Doesn't sound familiar. Off to Google...

Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #384
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hope those front squats treat you well.

Doesn't sound familiar. Off to Google...
Stumbled upon it. Kind of a SS AND 5/3/1 hybrid. With my back causing problems, setting this plan up will be easier than trying to figure out maxes for a 5/3/1 variation. Slow weekly progression with a final AMAP Set on my main lifts. I am still playing around with it.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 08-27-2012, 11:45 AM   #385
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 8/27/12 Dog House Training

A NEW BEGINNING

WARMUP
Plate rotations
Scare Crows
Shoulder rotations
Empty bar warmup lifts

NOTES
My back is still bothersome. I am wondering if it is my disc or something else, as I am not finding relief as I have in the past. That said, I am going to work around it for now. The load for the Calf Raises was the only weight directly on it today. With the exception of the Chins and Calf Raises, sets 3,4,5 were the working sets.

Inclines - I am almost embarrassed to post these numbers. My presses are so poor.
Chins - I am using the ladder method with these and doing these at least three times daily.
Standing OHP - Belted up and started light. I am going to slowly work on these. It is a must in my book.
Front Squats - as per the plan, went up 5 lbs with AMAP on the last set. These are superset with the DB Pullovers
Calf Raises - Good burn at the end.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 08-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #386
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Hey, nothing wrong with those inclines! They are a beastly lift for those of us with long arms (as I think I recall you have too).

Nice new beginning!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #387
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Inclines - I am almost embarrassed to post these numbers. My presses are so poor.
I struggle with them too. All in all those 125x8 isn't that poor. I think you could come close to 175x8 over the coming year, or something in that ballpark.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #388
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Hey, nothing wrong with those inclines! They are a beastly lift for those of us with long arms (as I think I recall you have too).

Nice new beginning!
I am the owner of gorilla arms. I wear shoes with heels so my knuckles don't drag the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I struggle with them too. All in all those 125x8 isn't that poor. I think you could come close to 175x8 over the coming year, or something in that ballpark.
thanks for the encouragement. I hope to bring them up this year.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 08-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #389
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 8/29/12 Dog House Training

Wednesday Training

Warmups
Reverse Hyperextensions 5 x 20
Inversion @ a minute and a half
McKenzie Stretch 2 a minute and a half
Tube Shoulder routine

WORKING SETS

NOTES
I am beginning to wonder if the back is in reality hip problems. The fact that the pain is greater during and after sitting, leads be to the back, but the length of this extended issue has me wondering.

Playing with intensity, as can be seen by reps all over. My goal today, on my major compounds was at least 5 reps, but as many as possible. Since this was to be a light Shoulder day, I only went AMAP for the last set.
Bench Press - Again, these are one of my embarrassing lifts. I will be increasing weight a few pounds next week. Goal is to get stronger and get bigger, that will take time.
Skulls - Good burn
Glass OHP - increased weight and knocked out more reps than I thought I had in me. Weight will go up again next week
Leg extensions - Wanted to be sure to hit legs somehow, with minimal stress to lumbar region. I did these with a hold at the top. Weight to go up next time.
chins - Decided to go AMAP on the top of the ladder. Was able to get 6 reps each time. Don't think I have ever managed two sets of six, so I am happy. Will be purchasing one of the door pullup stations so I can do these inside too, may even get one for the office.

Good day, despite the back issues persisting.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM   #390
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

solid work out, and don't worrie about the bench it will come
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote