Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That gave me a good laugh. Nice front squat volume. Your back is stronger than mine. I assume you're using a belt on those?
I like the fronts because I feel like I keep my back straighter. Since the coughing fit that tweaked my back, I have been belting up for almost everything. For a while I was wondering why I spent the money on my Sheick belt, now I am glad I did.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM   #202
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Rich really likes his. I've seen it and it looks like a well made product.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:58 PM   #203
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 4-4-12 Dog House Training

Shoulders and Traps

Pre-stuff
Trutein and chocolate Countdown
Cran Grape and Con-cret

Warmup
shoulder warm up with tubes
Dislocates
5 x 45 SOGP

Working Sets

NOTES
Overall a good day in the Dog House. Added pounds to the main lift, SOHP, and the trap work. I backed off on the Front Raise and Side Laterals. I am wanting to work the delts, not tear them up by trying to use too much weight. The side Laterals were especially poor in form the first two sets, so I backed off. I would rather do them right and safely than risk tearing a muscle trying to push something they can't handle yet. I have to get past the work the weight and move the muscle mentality and change it to move the weight and work the muscle. It is quite humbling at times, but what is a little humiliation if it moves me closer to the goal at hand?

Other news. My son, Josh, is the featured writer for the CrimsonConfidential.com . It is his first professional journalistic job. We are excited for him.

Wife and daughter will be heading down to AL for spring break on Friday. I will be flying solo for a week. Pray that I actually will accomplish something good on the "honey do" list during the week. High expectations, we shall see.

Between the new congregation moving in, our last week for this cycle of Fit For the King and Easter Week stuff, I have not been around much. Next week I will have more time.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 04-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #204
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Overall a good day in the Dog House. Added pounds to the main lift, SOHP, and the trap work.
All good.

Quote:
CrimsonConfidential.com
Excellent. Does he have a specific niche of writing that he favors? Sports perhaps...

Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #205
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Nice work in here Bama, and very happy for your son!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #206
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Well, for me the roller coaster we call Easter Week is over. I trained on Friday, got busy and then wasted time on Saturday and trained again today. I won't bore anyone with all of the pre-stuff and warm ups, just post the workouts. Earlier last week I noted how my body was changing in odd but noticeable ways. Friday I stepped on the scale and was down a 2 pounds a little more than planned but not horrible. Then I step on the scale today and I am down another 1.54 lbs, even after yesterday's Garbage Burger (no bun) from Max and Erma's. (sorry Bo, was little over on fats and calories yesterday). I did receive a sample of Cellcour's Super HD, but that is a pretty remarkable happening after three capsules. I haven't had much of an appetite, but I have kept my calories right around the 2000 calorie goal. My best guess is that I am handling stress a little differently than others, losing rather than gaining. Well, enough of my rambling.

No NOTES today, I have rambled enough today.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 04-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #207
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good training bam.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #208
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good training bam.
Thanks big guy. For this cycle the only thing I am focusing on is hitting the muscles. Next cycle I move back to bringing lift weights up.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 04-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #209
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 4-9-12 Dog House Training

Legs

Pre-stuff
2 scoops of Pineapple con-cret
Trutein
8oz chocolate Calorie Countdown
8oz Cran-grape

Warmup
3 minutes bike
10 reps Squats

Working Sets

NOTES
Added 5 lbs to the Squats. Last set was tough but doable so I will add a few more pounds next time. Back is feeling better so I thought I would work the hammies with some Good Mornings. I felt they would be easier on the back than RDLs. I took the weight up slowly just to make sure I didn't over do the lower lumbar region.

Leg Extensions - Held them at the top, great work and gassed the quads.
GHR - Wore the legs out.

My hams are feeling the work today. Already sore.

Have a good week.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 04-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #210
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I did receive a sample of Cellcour's Super HD, but that is a pretty remarkable happening after three capsules. I haven't had much of an appetite, but I have kept my calories right around the 2000 calorie goal.
Any jitters with that, or smooth sailing?