Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 3-28-12 Dog House Training

Shoulders and Traps

Prestuff
Team Skip and chocolate calorie countdown
8 oz Cran grape
2 scoops of Con-cret Pineapple

Warmup
Shoulder rotations
Shoulder dislocates
Tube Shoulder routine

Working Set

NOTES
I need to learn to pay attention to the past. I didn't look at my log from two weeks ago, the last time I did this part of the rotation. So, what do I do? Just like last time I overload the dumbbells and nearly kill myself.
DB SOHP - Started too heavy. Finally went back and saw what I did last time and then readjusted, adding 2 lbs per side. I will continue to micro load these.
DB Front Raises - Was about to start set two when I realized I was supposed to be doing BB raises. Since I started, I will finished with the Glass style DB raises. I will Get things straight eventually.
Side Laterals Nothing to report
BB Shrugs - Still trying to figure out what to do with these weight wise. I will probably add weight as I feel I got these too easily.
DB Shrugs - These are still in the feel out stage too. 45 doesn't sound that heavy for shrugs but by the 10th rep of sets 2-5 I am feeling it.

Overall a pretty good day. I have to keep reminding myself that this ten weeks the focus is on the body not on the weight. I want to default to moving poundage as opposed to working the body. Have been fairly consistent with cardio and diet. Was down .6 lbs yesterday. Official weigh in for the week is Friday. If everything stays moving, should be right around a lb, which is where I want to be.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #192
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I need to learn to pay attention to the past. I didn't look at my log from two weeks ago, the last time I did this part of the rotation. So, what do I do? Just like last time I overload the dumbbells and nearly kill myself.
I've never done that before...

Quote:
Was down .6 lbs yesterday. Official weigh in for the week is Friday. If everything stays moving, should be right around a lb, which is where I want to be.
Excellent. Keep after it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #193
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

3/30/2012 2 Weeks into the Boscience protocol

NOTES
On the basic measurements nothing unexpected, well the waist being down was nice. The other minor changes are with in the margin of error I set when measuring.

I have been using my calipers at Fit for the King. I showed everyone how to take pinches, we are not tracking BF but pinches. However, it seems that someone my have bent an arm a bit, as I had a tough time getting the pinch, particularly with the chest number. After 5 pinches I had a high of 15 mm and a low of 8 mm, I used the more moderate 11 as the other pinches and the body measurements did not show a dramatic enough change to warrant either the high or the low.

Weight wise I am on track. This week did slow down as I expected but balanced out at an even 2 lbs down for the journey over a two week period. Right where I am supposed to be. Next two weeks shouldn't be too bad in the kitchen. I am looking into a digital food scale and a new set of calipers over the next week or so. Let's get this down to a science!

Workout in a bit.

Measurements and Body Fat calculated using Linear Software's, My Workout Trainer, software and the Jackson/Pollock 3 site calculator.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 03-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #194
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 3-30-12 Dog House Training

Boscience Chest and Biceps

Prestuff
Banana
Chocolate Calorie Countdown, Chocolate Trutein and 2 scoops of Pineapple Con-cret - just like dessert

Warmup
My usual shoulder routine
Empty bar lifts

Working Sets

NOTES
Caught my son on ESPN3 yesterday as he was covering BAMA's Pro Day for Crimsonconfidential.com. We see him more on TV these days than in person.

I bought some Eggies the other day to try out, Cheap and if it will help me eat more eggs, worth it. I enjoyed not pealing eggs. Major draw back to them is the preparation. It is harder to get the egg into the little whole than it looks on TV. Taste is great, so I will keep them and use them periodically.

Today's session was fun, challenging but fun. I think I have the weights about right for this session. My arms are swoll. The only exercise I am not real fond of are the wrist curls.
Spider Curls - Typing error on middle set. It should read 35 lbs PWO just as the rest.

Overall great day. Off to the bank and run errands.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Last edited by bamazav; 03-30-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:55 AM   #195
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Weight wise I am on track. This week did slow down as I expected but balanced out at an even 2 lbs down for the journey over a two week period. Right where I am supposed to be. Next two weeks shouldn't be too bad in the kitchen. I am looking into a digital food scale and a new set of calipers over the next week or so. Let's get this down to a science!
Love the precision. Rich rubbed off on me so I bought a food scale last year. Been using it at times when I drop weight.

Do you have a preferred caliper you use?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #196
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Love the precision. Rich rubbed off on me so I bought a food scale last year. Been using it at times when I drop weight.

Do you have a preferred caliper you use?
No preferred caliper, yet. I have been using a cheap set I picked up from "the other " site. I am going to pick up a digital set this time. I am getting better with them and now that some of my pinches are into the single digits and I am focusing on smaller % of BF, I feel I need to be more precise. I will leave the cheap ones over at the FFTK gym.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 03-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #197
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I use a $17 one off Amazon. Pretty good quality for occasional use, but not something I think would hold up well to dozens of readings per week.

Let me know which digital you get and what you think.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #198
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

BoScience Protocol Back and Triceps

Comments another time.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #199
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 4-2-12 Dog House Training

Leg Day

Pre-stuff
10 oz chocolate Calorie countdown
1 scoop of Trutein
8 oz of Cran-Grape
2 scoops of Con-cret

Warm up
5 minutes on bike - Listened to Isaiah 13 while riding the bike. Wonderful!
5 warm up squats with empty bar

Working Sets

NOTES
I was worn out when finished. Wanted to do some calf work, but time would not allow me. I had to get over to the church and move furniture. After all was said and done, I probably moved a ton of furniture and boxes all on rubbery legs. Not good planning on my part.

Front Squats - Wasn't sure about weight to start. I wanted to take a bit off of my lower back so I will alternate Front and Back Squats. I guessed about right. I was grunting to get the last few on each of the last three sets. I would have been booted from Planet Fitless, no doubt about it.
Leg Curls - Thought I was starting too light. Last two sets told me I was about right. I was not looking forward to hacks next.
Hack Squats - Kept weight the same as last time since these were following two 5 x 10's. These two were gut it out sets on the final two sets.
GHR - These were GHR's, nuff said.

My legs are tired, even as I type this 5 hours later. Mission accomplished.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR

Old 04-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #200
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I would have been booted from Planet Fitless, no doubt about it.
That gave me a good laugh. Nice front squat volume. Your back is stronger than mine. I assume you're using a belt on those?