Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #181
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Tomorrow at 1 PM EDT my alma mater, University of Montevallo, will play for the Men's Division II National Championship.
Never heard of the school. Who are they playing? Must Google..

Good luck.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #182
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 3-24-12 Dog and Cat House Training

Legs

Miserable session so I won't bore anyone with supplement and warm up info.

Notes
Inversions on the ITable inbetween squat sets.

I had absolutely no focus or strength today. I think I can attribute it to 3-4 things
1. Slept till 8 AM - sleeping in for me
2. Another Pastor called wanting to take wife and I out for an early lunch. We went to Jason's deli and I didn't want to eat all my calories in one sandwich ( I love Muffeletas) so I had the soup and salad bar. Kept calories down but little protein and carbs.
3. The deficit. - This is the first time ever I have noticed any major difference in how I feel going into the gym because of poor nutrition. I will work to make it my last.
4. TOO MANY distractions. I could not focus at all.

Legs is my heaviest tonnage day of the week. In a perfect world, Saturday would be the best day to do this. I do not live in a perfect world. I will move my leg day to Monday or Wednesday, when distractions are lowest.

Well, my alma mater lost the Division II Championship, but they played well. Maybe next year.

Realized I didn't record the final set of Hacks. 10 more at 135

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Last edited by bamazav; 03-25-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: correction
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #183
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Well, my alma mater lost the Division II Championship, but they played well. Maybe next year.
I know how you feel Wisconsin had 2 teams in the sweet 16.

Quote:
Slept till 8 AM - sleeping in for me
Funny how us geezers work. I slept in until 9 today and didn't feel fully awake until noon.

Keep charging hard Bama.

Old 03-25-2012, 12:33 AM   #184
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I love muffeletas too! I can gain at least two pounds a meal on those alone.

Good stuff, Bam. You're getting it done regardless of distractions.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:47 AM   #185
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good training nevertheless Pastor!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #186
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I know how you feel Wisconsin had 2 teams in the sweet 16.

Funny how us geezers work. I slept in until 9 today and didn't feel fully awake until noon.

Keep charging hard Bama.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I love muffeletas too! I can gain at least two pounds a meal on those alone.

Good stuff, Bam. You're getting it done regardless of distractions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good training nevertheless Pastor!
Thanks for the encouragement guys. But I feel that if I allow myself to be satisfied with less, I will then start to default to less. I wanted to make sure I got the heaviest stuff done, but will not be satisfied until I get it all done. Monday I will get er done!

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #187
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 3-26-12 Dog House Training

LEGS

Pre stuff
Trutein and Calorie countdown
Cran-Grape and Pineapple Con-cret (2 scoops)
3 L-Arginine

Warm up
5 minutes on the recumbant bike

THE WORK

NOTES

After Saturday's debacle, I decided to move leg day to the front end of the week. Overall, I think it was a wise decision. My little work on Saturday, was just enough to leave me with some mild DOMs going into today. It took a few mintues for the muscles to loosen up.

Squats 50% of 1RM + 5lbs. I will increase this another 5 lbs next week. Inversions on the Inversion table in between sets.
Belt Squats - added 20 lbs this week. Still not quite right so I will add at least 10 more pounds next week.
Good Mornings - I was hoping I could do these or RDLS. Tried these first but back said NOPE!. Tried an RDL with bar only and heard the same screaming in my head.
Reverse Hypers - These are more lumbar therapy than anything else.
GHR - working on a slow down, still need a push back up, though not as much of a push.

I was supposed to do some calf work too, but phone rang and church stuff happened, so I will try to work them in on one of the other days. My legs are feeling this one, which is a good thing.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 03-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #188
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Hope this works out well for you.

Old 03-27-2012, 05:12 PM   #189
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Keep banging away Bam!
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #190
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hope this works out well for you.
We shall see. A ten week experiment. What is the worst that can happen? I pump my muscles up a bit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Keep banging away Bam!
Thanks OR, that is the plan.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375