Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Not familiar with this name.
I log here and on another site. He is a friend I have been watching for a few years now. We both have similar back injuries, though mine came from moving an organ not falling out of an Army jump plane, and we both train at home. Very methodical with his training and nutrition. I volunteered to be his guinea pig for the next 10 weeks. Routine is a fairly basic 5 x 10, it is the diet side that will be the challenge for me. We are applying some of Layne Norton's cutting ideas.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #162
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Good luck with the new routine.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #163
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 3-16-12 Dog House Training

Pre -stuff
8 oz Cran Grape
2 scoops of Concret Lemon Lime
3 Desiccated Liver Tabs
3 L-Arginine

Warmup
Shoulder dislocations
Tube Shoulder Rehab

Working Sets

NOTES
I have been concerned about starting at the right weight. I think I am pretty close. The declines were a bit of struggle, I kept sliding down the the bench.
I will go up on the weight on everything except the declines, though only slightly.

Tomorrow is the Shamrock 8k. I am not running, but Baker ( a friend on another site) has agreed to be my runner. Click on the link and consider helping us find a loving home for a child in need. Baker and Bamazav's Bethany Christian Services Support Page

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 03-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #164
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Pretty impressed you were able to get to 10s on all those. I've tried 10x10s before and by set six I was falling off quickly. I know that's not a direct 10x10 but still, close enough.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #165
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Pretty impressed you were able to get to 10s on all those. I've tried 10x10s before and by set six I was falling off quickly. I know that's not a direct 10x10 but still, close enough.
Barely made the declines. Wasn't real sure where to start with the curls or the wrist curls. I will add a little weight next time. This routine is an A/B routine so next week will have some different exercises.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #166
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Barely made the declines. Wasn't real sure where to start with the curls or the wrist curls. I will add a little weight next time. This routine is an A/B routine so next week will have some different exercises.
I like alternating lifts. That was pretty much my staple approach for a very long time.

Old 03-17-2012, 01:35 PM   #167
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default St. Patty's Day in the Dog House

Legs

Pre-stuff
2 scoops of Con-cret and 8 oz of Cran Grape - mmmm
3 L-Arginine
3 Desiccated Liver

Warmup
Walked 30 some odd blocks getting to and from the Shamrock starting line and our meeting place. (see notes below)

Working Sets

NOTES
Up at 5:25 am this morning to get ready and head down to the beach for the Shamrock 8K. My back doesn't like long distance running, so Baker graciously agreed to run in my stead and helped me raise nearly $300 for Bethany Christian Services of Hampton Roads. He ran for a12yr old little boy named Issac who has asperger's syndrome and is awaiting adoption. When all the numbers are in we will have raised close to $15000 to help place children in loving homes. Great race. I saw Jason before the race and at the half way point but did not see him finish. I will post some pics once I get his okay to post his mug. Got in some good cardio as we walked 30+ blocks at my wife's mall speed, we were actually moving faster than some of the racers.

My lower back is still bothering me so I was a little hesitant about today. I knew before I started that RDL's would be out. I did a few sets of reverse hypers instead.

Squats - I started at 50% of my last recorded 1RM. Wore my belt, but not super tight, just enough to provide a little extra support. They actually felt pretty good. I will add 2.5 lbs next week. I will continue to add weight until I can not hit 5 x 10.
Belt Squats - The hardest part of these is getting set up. Wasn't sure what weight to start at, I remembered that the last time I did them the 35's hindered my ROM so I placed 2 - 25's on the bar. These were not to the ground ROM but just till I heard the clank then back up again. Hit the quads differently than the Squats, went well. Will add weight next week.
Reverse Hyper - This is a great exercise for lover back with a touch of hams. My back does feel a little better. Hope to be able to do RDL or Good Mornings next week.
GHR - I still do not have these where I can go all the way down and back up without a push. So no hands on way down, until face about to smash mat, then I slight push to get me back heading upward.
Standing Calf Raise - The thought of bar and weights on my back at this point nearly brought me to tears. As soon as back recovers, these will be back in.
Seated Calf Raise - Set up on the rack swords. put toes on a 4x4 and held the weight at the top of each rep. Will add weight next time.

I am slap wore out, but I need to finish mowing. On the positive side, burning lots of cals today.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 03-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #168
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I bet you're worn out! Great job.

Old 03-17-2012, 07:59 PM   #169
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
I bet you're worn out! Great job.
I am Tired!

Here are some shots from this morning's Shamrock 8K

It was a beautiful morning. About 60 degrees at the start and sunshine.

Baker was running for a 12 yr old with asbergers named Isaac. He is waiting to be adopted.

Baker and Bamazav pre-race

Baker waiting to start, it was a mass of humanity. More of a stampede than a start.

Baker at the Halfway point.

Bakes unofficially ran the race in 51 minutes, just shy of his goal, but all things considered a great race. His running helped us raise $285, our team almost $2000 and total nearly $15000, when all the money is in. All of this money stays in the area to assist in the placement of children seeking loving homes into forever families.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 03-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #170
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Great time, and I have to comment that you are looking very fit and healthy.