Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 03-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #151
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Glad to see you were able to do some work and feel semi-human.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #152
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Thanks BTB. Felt good to do something.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #153
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Good to see you are starting to feel better.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #154
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 3/12/12 Dog House Training

Change of Pace Workout

Pre-stuff
con-cret - 2 scoops lemon Lime
3 L-Arginine
2 Reese's cup ( I needed some carbs and they were just sitting there with the reese's eyes just staring at me, wanting to be eaten)

Back rehab - McKenzie Stretching and Inversion Table
Tube Shoulder Warm up

Warm up bench
5 x 45
5 x 65

Working Sets

NOTES
Today was just a change of pace. Definite volume increase

Bench 50% of my last recorded 1 RM. Last set was tough
Incline Bench Miss counted weight. Added one too many 5lb plates than intended. Once I started I decided I would at least get a 5 x 5 done. A PR for me.

Pec Deck/Walker Dip Superset - Weight felt a little light for Pec Deck, dips were tougher than I expected at this point in the process. A good/fun superset.

LS Pushdown/Hammer Curl Superset Felt every bit of this one.

Tricep Bar skulls/spider Curls Superset I have done heavier, but knew at this point that it wasn't going to happen today. Skulls were shaky. Spiders were light. Will need to swap the DB curls with the Spiders so that I can add weight for the spiders.

Overall, this was a fun day. My back, disc has been bothering me since a coughing spell on Friday, so I am doing some rehab. I hope to have it back in shape by Wednesday.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 03-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #155
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Fun day, but bring the pain tomorrow!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #156
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Wow. 5x 10 on bench? No kidding that last set was hard. That's boost your pressing power, though. This routine is really interesting. Regularly using high reps would probably have me laying on the floor contemplating my sanity.

Glad you're feeling better.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:15 AM   #157
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Holy smokes...Hammered the chest and tris.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #158
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Nice work bama, looks like a fun session!
Old 03-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #159
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 3/14/12 Dog House Training

The BOscience Protocol

1 hour Pre
8 oz of Cran-Grape mixed with 2 Scoops of Con-cret Lemon/Lime - Created an amazing tropical punch type flavor
3 - 1000 mg L-Arginine

Warm up
Shoulder dislocations
Shoulder tube warm up

NOTES
Schedule is out of whack due to a short notice funeral for a lady down the street. Started a new 10-12 week plan put together by BoStevus. It is a huge increase in volume for me, but I will grow! I think I can , I think I can, I think I can! (worked for a train, should work for me too.)

The plan includes some serious dietary changes/upgrades ( I even bought some desiccated Liver tabs, I can't even stand the sight of liver) as well as a different plan of attack for my muskles. The rest of this week is just getting acclimated to the changes and back rehab and I will be kicking in with everything as soon as my supplies arrive (ordered this a.m.). The Primary focus of this recomp is to work the muscles and force some growth. It is a total lean mass attack.

Today's session was totally different for me. I have not done many of the exercises before and was unsure what to expect or what weights to use.

DB OHP - Did these seated due to back issues. first set two issues I had to correct. a. Started too heavy and knew I would never get 5 x 10, probably not even 3 x 10. b. First set was done with a neutral grip. I changed to a traditional grip for sets 2-5 and dropped to 35 lbs. I was struggling to get the last set.

BB Front Raise - I have never done these before. I thought I was not going to get these done after the second set.
Glass Side Laterals - I now know why my FFTK folks are cussing me every Tuesday. I have them doing a Front raise/Side Lateral/Rear later triset. I intentionally started what I thought was light. First 5 reps of every set was fairly easy, then I would hit a wall. Had to really focus to make sure I didn't turn them into shrugs, as they are next.
Bb Shrugs - I may have done these once. Weight was probably too light, but by this time, my shoulders were not of much use.
DB Shrugs - See above

Definately know the shoulders were worked. I hope I can lift my arms tomorrow. Chicken breast on a Sandwich round and some Brussell Sprouts for my post workout meal. I am tired, a good tired, and fed. Now time to go study.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 03-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #160
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Started a new 10-12 week plan put together by BoStevus.
Not familiar with this name.