Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Andy is back (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532)

andys_trim 01-09-2012 10:53 AM

Andy is back

Hey fellas,

Im back. Time to finally get back in the gym after taking months offto traintopass thearmy pt test. I'm happy to say that I can now easily pass the test with over 60 pushups, 60 sit ups, and a 2 mile run in about 14:30.

The program I am starting today is the 10X3 program I found here on MaB. I did one of the workouts last week and loved it so I decided that its the program I want to run.

Stay tuned to see how it goes for me. Glad to be back.

BendtheBar 01-09-2012 11:03 AM

So glad to have you back Andy. 10x3 should be a lot of fun. Best of luck!

andys_trim 01-09-2012 11:06 AM

Thanks Steve, I'm looking forward to taking steps to get back to the strength levels I was at and to continue to make muscle gains.

markievicz 01-09-2012 11:08 AM

hi andy , will follow along to see great progress being made

andys_trim 01-07-2013 03:54 PM

It has been a long time. 2012 was not my year for training. I had shoulder surgery in September and am currently on the mend. I should be released from my doctor this Wednesday, hopefully. I have been back in the gym for a few weeks, only working legs and dong cardio. It is all I'm allowed to do. My goal for now is to get my cardiovascular strength up. I am joining a police department later this year, rumor has it they are running up to 8 miles a day in the academy and many of their workouts are that cross fit stuff. Long journey ahead.

BendtheBar 01-07-2013 04:04 PM

I have faith in you. Make it happen Andy, and welcome back.

big_swede 01-07-2013 04:45 PM

Welcome back man! Do work!!

andys_trim 01-13-2013 01:21 AM

Alright fellas, first real workout today since I destroyed my shoulder in August. I still have several month. Until then, I will be busting it on every other body part, full body, 3 days a week and do cardio 5 days a week. The workout I did today, I plan on doing it 3 days per week. I affectionately call it, "The Annihilator."

The Annihilator

Info: This is a high intensity workout that is best when performed with a partner. It alternates a weight station and a run. Each weight station is 9 minutes, then a .25 mile sprint, and then on to the next station.

Run .5 mile (I am starting off low and every 2 weeks I will increase the distance .5 miles)
Hack Squats (Working up to regular squats) 55lbs on each side, alternating sets for 9 minutes.
Run .25 mile
Curls 40 pounds. Another 9 minutes alternating sets
Run .25 mile
Ropes Triceps Pull Downs 50 pounds, then 60 pounds. 9 minutes
Run .25 miles
Wide Grip Row (Rehab exercise) 70 pounds. 9 minutes
Run .25 mile
Pull Overs (Rehab exercise) 25 pounds. 9 minutes
Run .25 mile
Leg Press 90 each side X 3
Run 4 suicide sprints

That was all for today. It was a killer first workout back, I could hardly make it through. I'll keep it up and hopefully will be able to get my cardiovascular strength to the highest level I can, while also getting my body back in the swing of being in the gym.

big_swede 01-13-2013 02:36 AM

Looks brutal andy, way to get it done!

nighttrain 01-13-2013 06:24 AM

looks lilke a pretty rough program... give it hell Andy, and as always we are here to support!!!