Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
Beast
Brawn
Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7 Points: 354, Level: 7
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Red meat
Beast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributor

No access to the gym this last couple of days due to work. I'm an emergency responder so this occasionally happens - when it does I throw in mini sessions of burpees, pistols, press ups and pull ups whenever I can to tide me over.

As I haven't been able to lift or grapple for two days I felt a little tense, and decided to do something a bit different.

Saturday 7th January 2012

Perform one set of squats, then set the clock running.
Immediately perform one set of bench press.
Within 45-60 seconds perform the next set of squats and repeat.

Squat (Shoulder width stance, ass to the grass)

150kgs/330lbs x 15 sets of 2

Close Grip Decline Bench Press

80kgs/176lbs x 15 sets of 2

Afterwards...

Neck Harness
20kg x 25, 25

Standing ab Rope Curl
Stack x 20, 20

This was brutal and the most enjoyable day I've had in the gym in ages. I've been inspired by the log of Trevor Lane on this board and bought the Chaos and Pain e book as a result. I know the training style probably isn't for everyone but it struck a chord with me.

Tomorrow is the last day of my feeler week, so I will try another CnP style session and then decide on the next few months training.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #12
Beast
Brawn

Beast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributorBeast is a consistent contributor

Last day of feeler week

Sunday 8th January 2012

Sets x reps

Standing Overhead Press lockouts
100kg x 15 x 1

superset with

EZ Curls
Bar+50kg x 15 x 2

60 second rest periods between lockout sets, curls in between.

Conditioning

3 rounds of the following, 60 seconds rest period:

20kg kettlebell
5 x Swings L/R
5 x Snatches L/R
10 Burpees

I like this style of training.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Hey Beast, training looks good. I'm quite a fan of the C&P style too.

Whereabouts in London are you?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I've been inspired by the log of Trevor Lane on this board and bought the Chaos and Pain e book as a result. I know the training style probably isn't for everyone but it struck a chord with me.

Tomorrow is the last day of my feeler week, so I will try another CnP style session and then decide on the next few months training.
Good e-book to own.

I hate to give unsolicited advice in training logs, so please excuse me adding my 2 cents if it's inappropriate. If C&P seems too much for you back off the weight by say 15 to 20% and allow yourself a period of time to build into the new style.

In any case, good training and have a great 2012.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #15
Beast
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Hey Beast, training looks good. I'm quite a fan of the C&P style too.

Whereabouts in London are you?
Hey mate, I'm actually just north of it in sunny Hertfordshire (but more people know where London is).
Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #16
Beast
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good e-book to own.

I hate to give unsolicited advice in training logs, so please excuse me adding my 2 cents if it's inappropriate. If C&P seems too much for you back off the weight by say 15 to 20% and allow yourself a period of time to build into the new style.

In any case, good training and have a great 2012.
I greatly appreciate your input at any time buddy. I will bear your advice in mind - I can see how it would be easy to get carried away with C&P and be a broken mess in about three weeks time haha

What i really want to do is stick with a training method for at least 6 months to a year or so, as I have suffered a little from lack of direction in the gym recently. I find the C&P approach highly motivational and the variety suits my lifestyle at the moment as I am on a shift pattern that changes week to week.

Taking your advice I will gradually step it up in intensity and keep an eye on things carefully. I've taken some photos to compare progress in 6 months time :/ If it doesn't work out I will revert to my 5/3/1 plan, as I enjoy this set up very much as well.

Edit - I will start adding my grappling training to the log as well, as it helps me keep track of things.

Last edited by Beast; 01-08-2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Afterthought
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 AM   #17
Beast
Brawn

Monday 9th January 2012

Grappling 2 hours
30mins continuous rolling (sparring) to finish, nearly puked

Food
I've been reading a bit into Intermittent Fasting and metabolic rebound/backloading effects. I am going to experiment a little with a few ideas both for convenience and to assist the fat loss process.
So today I had:

60g protein shake/5g fish oil x 3, spaced through the day.

Chilli bowl x 2 with 50g wholegrain rice after training. Lots of good steak and veggies in the chili.

Felt pretty good, might add in a protein shake before bed in future..

Last edited by Beast; 01-10-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #18
Beast
Brawn

Tuesday 10th January 2012

I had an early start and a long day today, so opted for a quick in and out blast.

Sets x reps

Deadlift (conventional)

180kg x 10 x 3 (60 seconds rest between sets)

Superset with

DB Skullcrushers

46kg x 10 x 3

Afterwards...

Neck Harness

20kg x 25, 25, 25

Standing ab Rope Curl

Stack x 20, 20, 20

Gym rage

Sadly some fool in the gym decided to approach me after I had done four warm up sets to inform me that he had been using the bar and that I had to get off it straight away.

I politely declined of course, as he was not using the bar in the previous 5 minutes or indeed in the same room as it, and he commenced to attempt to vaguely threaten me.

I was then forced to provide words of advice, at which point he ****ed off to the other end of the gym to get one of the many other unused and identical bars, place a 10kg plate on each side and do... you guessed it. BICEP CURLS.

What a total bell-end.

Edit - Food
Same as yesterday. Simple, convenient, limited carbs, high protein, healthy fats. Seems good.

Last edited by Beast; 01-10-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Grappling! I was a wrestler myself.

Quote:
Sadly some fool in the gym decided to approach me after I had done four warm up sets to inform me that he had been using the bar and that I had to get off it straight away.

I politely declined of course, as he was not using the bar in the previous 5 minutes or indeed in the same room as it, and he commenced to attempt to vaguely threaten me.

I was then forced to provide words of advice, at which point he ****ed off to the other end of the gym to get one of the many other unused and identical bars, place a 10kg plate on each side and do... you guessed it. BICEP CURLS.
Why did I know it would end like that...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
Beast
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Grappling! I was a wrestler myself.

Why did I know it would end like that...
Yeah, who'da thunk it? Stereotypes arise because they are commonly true I guess....

Where did you wrestle?