Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Another good day...a bit sore, but not in the same way of the injury. Just that feeling that says I worked hard.

Basically same routine as Wednesday, last post.. but no direct shoulder work. Added some decline DB presses and late dips. Also used pulling machines, vertical and horizontal..as opposed to a lat tower. Bi's and Tris got smoked real good..still pumped like crazy in the arms. Upper back and lats are pretty smoked too, did the machine and late assisted pull-ups..

So 2 days of rest will be good. If still tight or sore Monday, I will delay weights a day. I want 90% or > recovery before I lift again.

One good note.. I thought weight would be way off, with all the lost time and F'ed up dieting.. But the scale said only 249. I understand that is in a dehydrated post-WO state, but that's my baseline. I stay with that timing every weight check for consistency.

Going to add incline situps in the A.M. starting next week, to work with afternoon planks and ab roller sets. Also upping stair master sets to (3) 7 minute sessions, up from (2) 5 minute sessions. I am exhausted and beat after that damn thing.

ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #72
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Another good day...a bit sore, but not in the same way of the injury.
Good to hear it hombre.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #73
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

***Update for the past week or two***

I've been chugging along, taking baby steps to avoid firther injury. I've been able to some light to moderate weights, and gradually increasing cardio. Also going to hit the gym today, possibly going back to 5 days a week. The warm weather is gone for now, but once it returns I will be dropping the 2 extra days in leiu of outdoor cardio, walking or running somewhere in my area.

I did feel some fairly severe pain in my left shoulder after Friday, but admittedly I pushed harder than I should have. Surgery is more than likely in evitable. I just won't do it before the Mudder. I have another appt next Monday, and will discuss these latest developments at that time. I'm hoping I can get a better outlook than how I feel.

Diet has been a disaster unfortunatly. Being hurt sucks, and no matter how hard I try I just can't eat right. I'm not going to bother with a nutritionist or anyone who just wants to tell me to eat more veggies. It's not going to happen, period. I know people who eat like crap all the time, and yet still are able to lose or gain at their own will. I'm beginning to think I have an endo issue. I'm going to have bloodwork done to confirm my suspicions, but I'm not looking forward to any therapy to correct what could be wrong.

But, no quitting. TM will be competed and completed.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #74
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'm beginning to think I have an endo issue.
I have fits losing weight too. There are times where I've been down to 1500 calories and haven't seen the scale move.

You had your testosterone and thyroid checked before?

Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #75
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have fits losing weight too. There are times where I've been down to 1500 calories and haven't seen the scale move.

You had your testosterone and thyroid checked before?
I did have a physical last year, got basic bloods done. He said everything was good. He did mention a few of the tests that were done, thyroid was one of them. Didn't say anything looked out of line. I'd assume Test was not part of the lab work, but I didn't ask.

I know of a method to get a full panel of what I really want to know from Lab Corps for about $50. I just have to deal with someone impaling me again to draw the blood. I f***ing hate needles, which is why even if it answered my concerns, having Low T isn't a therapy I look forward to.

I think I'll go ahead and start tomorrow. I can open a thread in the dirty forum to give details on how it's done..

Last edited by ricka182; 03-27-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:58 PM   #76
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

$50 is pretty cheap. That's very reasonable.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #77
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Well, training is at a 99% standstill. Tough Mudder will be fun if anything at all. The challenge is just something I'll have to deal with as I am. I've had additonal tests conducted, and both the Doc and PT believe surgery is looming. I've seen the Xray, and it clearly shows the bone that is causing the problem. Going under the knife now means no chance of competing, so that's out of the question. When depends on how badly the Doc wants to do a second MRI, but with a traceable dye injected first. If it could be a "more simple", bone work only type of surgery, I could be back within a couple of months, but if muscle and/or tendom damage has been done, I'm looking at nearly a year of BS to heal.

As for lower body training, also out due to a stress fracture in my left shin area. Not officially diagnosed, but I don't need to be a whitecoat to know there is something wrong, much more than just taking it easy will do anything for. I've been out of the gym, not doing any cardio for 2 weeks and it still hurts to walk too much. I'm thinking the "healing" period may be sometime during the Winter.

I'm still running the Tough Mudder. If I have to crawl on my broken, bloodied face with only one arm and one leg, I will do so. Injury is no excuse to quit. This isn't life threatening, I will persevere and complete the damn thing. I will then proceed to get as drunk as I possibly can. Maybe alcohol poisoning has miraculous healing properties for shitty shoulder and legs..
Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #78
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Maybe alcohol poisoning has miraculous healing properties for shitty shoulder and legs..
I know nacho cheese does...

When's the big day again?

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #79
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

And with one week to go...

I am in possibly the worst shape of my life. I haven't been to the gym in weeks. A second cortisone shot did nothing, and the Doctor started using the S word..surgery.

It does look like it would be a scoped surgery, which is less on the recovery portion. But regardless, I'll be down for a bit.

As for Tough Mudder, I'm still doing it. I'm not about to let myself pay, and get so mentally hyped, just to feel physically beat. I will not do that to myself. I'm starting the course at 1140 Saturday, and aiming for 3-4 hours completion. I'll take my time when I can, but pain will not stop me. I won't be doing any more damage, so I just have to suck it up for a few more days.

I'll report back with what I thought of the course, and how hard it really is. If I can do it in this shape, it will make me think twice before doing it again. This is supposed to be tough for an in-shape person, I'll find out how tough it is for an out-of-shape person.

Weather looks to be cool and possibly rainy, only what I could expect on my day to do it. From everything I've seen, one of the biggest obstacles is the cold and wet. On some obstacles, you have to wait 10-15 minutes before you get a chance to try. Standing there waiting will make you cold, thus zapping energy reserves. I'm bringing granola and sugary snacks to eat during the race if needed, but I'd prefer to use all the pre-stored energy I have already accumulated. Not expecting to drop a pants size in one day, but I should be burning quite a few calories throughout..

Old 05-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #80
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

How soon after the Mudder will you be looking at surgery?