Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Workout Session #20 - 2/9/12

Really good day...just kept going and going. I would have kept going, but I accidentally hit the stop button...so the treadmill just started slowing down, then off, and it cleared the display. I F'ing hate that button. It should at least leave the display until I clear it. I had just looked at my totals before it happened, so I'm pretty close here with what I got done.

Also started yesterday working core work in. Planks for 90/60/30 seconds, ab roller thing for 10 reps with a slight pause. Did that before and after today. Core feels good, ready for more, but also ready for rest.

And to wrap up, I killed chest with medium to light weight, lots and lots of reps. Couldn't go too heavy with the bum shoulder. I'm headed out for an MRI tonight at 8:45, didn't want to F it up before hand..

Cardio
Treadmill - 6.25 miles(?) - 104 minutes(?)

Started with walking, then ran 1/4 mile, walked 1/4 mile, ran 1/2 mile. Eventually made my way to doing low intensity intervals. Run for 30 seconds, walk for 30, then run for 45, walk for 30, then run for 60, walk for 30, etc... Even mixed in some elevation, getting up to 7.0 degree incline. Feels good, but very tired.

Not looking forward to the MRI tunnel, but I just want it over with so I can get a damn cortisone shot..when my Doctor returns from vacation next Friday.. Then, I have to get back to more heavy lifting all over the body. Need to build some muscle and endurance for TM..

ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:

Cardio
Treadmill - 6.25 miles(?) - 104 minutes(?)
I had to do a double take at how long you were on the treadmill.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #43
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine
Default Workout Session #21 - 2/10/12

Update for last Friday...

Had a bunch of stuff to do in the afternoon. Left work early, hit the gym for a quick treadmill session. Similar mix of runs and walks, but this time did 30 seconds at increasing inclinations, 2 degrees per maxed to 10 degrees. Really felt a good lung burn, but also felt I could have gone for longer.

Got home, and saw the Fed Ex sticker. My new runners finally arrived, and were out on the back deck. I've already tried them on, wore them for a few hours around the house. Fit perfect for now, but will know more tomorrow on the treadmill. But overall, feels really good for a first impression. Really hoping this alleviates some of the pain in my lower legs, especially my left shin.

Also, had an MRI Friday night for my left shoulder. MRIs suck, real bad. I was dizzy as hell coming out of that thing. Took almost 40 minutes, and this was at my normal bedtime...my head was aching for days. I see the Doc again this coming Friday, hopefully he'll be able to see the problem, and even better if a simple cortisone shot will fix it...
Old 02-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Got home, and saw the Fed Ex sticker. My new runners finally arrived, and were out on the back deck.
What type of shoe did you get? Sorry if I missed this.

Old 02-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #45
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What type of shoe did you get? Sorry if I missed this.
I went with the Asics Gel Kayano 18's.. very comfortable, soft but supportive. I'll use them exclusively when running. I'll throw on my old shoes when doing weights, or go barefoot.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #46
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Workout Session #22 - 2/14/12

Took yesterday off to rest sore shin and knee, left side. Not sure why, but both were sore as heel yesterday upon rising, so I kept an ice pack handy all day, and rested. Back at it today.

Did some cardio and weight circuits, feeling good but concerned about the new shoes. First day with them, and they are too big by 1/2 size. I find that strange because it's the same size as my old shoe, made by the same company. But they are a bit loose and I need to lace them too tight to keep from sliding. I'm going to try and return them, but I no longer have the tags..just a box and receipt email for the online purchase.

I also have a Bod-Pod appt on Thursday. Interested to see what it says.. And I'm trying to set a date for a Gait analysis, which will give me the full spectrum of my stride, both with and without footwear.

Kept the beginning of the workout to stretching and core with planks and ab wheel thing.

Cardio
Treadmill - 3.01 miles - 47 minutes
1/2 mile walk at 3.5mph
1 mile run at 5.5mph
1/2 mile walk at 3.2 mph
Incline circuit, starting at 2 degrees. Run 30 seconds, walk 30, incline up by 1 degree each cycle, upto 10 degrees.
Back at zero incline, another 1/2 mile to cool down...

Circuit Weights
Chest Press, Tricep Extension, Pulldowns, Preacher Curl, Chest Flye, Asst Pulldown and Dips. Good burn sets, using a pseudo drop set routine...

Tired as shit right now.. shoulder a bit sore, but not too much. No weights tomorrow, going to try for 7 miles on the treadmill total. Working up to a 3 mile run for time sometime next week. Goal is to keep it under 36 minutes, pretty sure I can do it. Cardiovascularally speaking, I feel very deep, no problems breathing..just need to get over sore feet and shins. But they get better each day...little by little...

Old 02-16-2012, 01:47 PM   #47
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka182 View Post
Working up to a 3 mile run for time sometime next week. Goal is to keep it under 36 minutes, pretty sure I can do it.
Solid pace. Hope you destroy it.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #48
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Default Workout Session #23 - 2/16/12

Had to skip yesterday due to work. I had this client who can't seem to understand what it means to take a vacation. Guy is going on a cruise, but wants his Blackberry and laptop to work overseas. Stupid.

Anyway, today was a much better day. I recently found out the base I'm on has a public Bod-Pod, which I went through today. It takes only a few minutes, and gives a much more acurate reading of body fat, LBM, recco'd calories, and some other overall cool stuff to know. I was at a lower than expected weight and BF%, not by much...but it's good to know where I am. The guy talked about my low cal, Paleo style diet and recco'd more calories. Then he said if it's working, keep with it. I'll do so for another month, then go back to see the difference in BF% and LBM%. Provided I don't lose too much LBM, and the BF goes lower the diet stays. What works, works. I'll find out in 30 days for sure... good stuff.

I also did well on the treadmill. Hit a constant 2.35 miles, plus another 2 walking. Overall, had a good day...

Oh, and dinner was as much meat as I could pull of of two rotiserrie chicken legs...so friggen good!

Cardio
Treadmill - 4.85 miles - 67 minutes
.30 mile walk at 3.5 mph
2.35 mile run at 5.3mph
.25 mile walk at 3.5 - Cool Down

Also have the appt tomorrow morning to review last weeks MRI for my shoulder. Hoping a simple cortisone shot can kill the pain..
Old 02-16-2012, 09:02 PM   #49
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Anyway, today was a much better day. I recently found out the base I'm on has a public Bod-Pod, which I went through today.
That's pretty cool. Did it cost you anything to use?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's pretty cool. Did it cost you anything to use?
No, it was free...very cool seeing I'm a low-totem contractor. I thought there was more to it, but it's fairly simple. In and out in less than 15, including a pre and post discussion.

Went to the Dr today. Have to do stupid ass PT for 4 weeks, then he'll try a cortisone shot. I indicated I'm not a PT fan, and that I have quit multiple times previously due to increased pain. he said the place he was sending me, is where he sent his wife after an MCL tear. He trusts the guy very much, and thinks it could help. I doubt it will. Also gave me some Rx to take 2x a day, and told me to ice it 2x a day or more if needed.

Still going to do same basic cardio, and light weights. he said I could do the weights, as long as I keep the weight total down around 50%. I absolutly must be lifting again asap. I am never going to be ready for Tough Mudder at this point. I may even just fudge out of the PT after 2 weeks, just to get an early cortisone shot. I just can't stand being in so much friggen pain all the time. Resting 100% is only going to completly kill my progress and shoot my weight right back up again, and I can not, under any circumstance havbe that much of a gain. I really need to drop another 15-20 before TM, or I will be in trouble for sure, and will probably have to helped all over the course. I didn't sign up to have someone else push my ass up on each obstacle. Help is one thing, but I want to do some stuff on my own.

Today will be a basic cardio day, probably just some walking. Shin splints are on and off, same with knee. I am falling apart all over..but I will not quit.