Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Train hard or stay home (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8211)

Jamesw 12-13-2011 09:58 AM

Train hard or stay home

Greetings all,

I've been looking for an active place that I can log my workouts, learn, laugh, help etc.

I started this journey about 5 years ago with no real idea of what I was doing but I was highlly motivated. Over the past 2 years I've really learned how to train smart. I took courses at the local community college for a WITS PT cert. I've been certified for almost 2 years now and through continuing education I have my vinyasa yoga endorsment, and my speical populations endorsment. The main reason I got into the classes is for myself, however it is slowly growing wings as a business venture out of pure conincidence. Anyway I'm not here to advertise I'm here to simply chat fitness.

My routine is very dynamic but everything is tantamount to nutrition.

I have my lifting periodized into 6 week cycles. Currently I'm lifting for strength gains for week 1 and its a 4 day a week split. Week 2 is MMA style circuit training which is something I'm new at, but its the best damn workout I've ever done.

I also do yoga 3-5 days a week. I mix that up either with a goal for deep stretching/ mobility, or strength, or both.

My training is very intense and focused, I think yoga has really helped with that. I'm 6'3" and 192 lbs. I have no idea my body fat percentage since its been a while but last year it was 9.8%

I do know that I started out at 240lbs and a size 38 waist. Now my waist is 32.

Any questions or comments are always welcome.

Jamesw 12-13-2011 10:07 AM

Last week was weights so I'm not going to log that, but I'll give you yesterdays MMA circuit.

2 circuits done 2 times

Circuit A
1/4 mile sprint on the treadmill
push ups
plyo lunge or pistol
walking plank
power clean
punching combination
kicking combination

Circuit B
1/4 mile sprint
shoulder press
burpees
glute ham raise
pull ups
swiss ball jacknife
balance kicks

Everything is done at a very fast cadence with 2 minute rest between circuits

Soldier 12-13-2011 10:59 AM

Welcome! Look forward to reading about you're diverse training.

Chillen 12-13-2011 11:05 AM

No long manifesto :) :biglifter::ms::thrasher:

Welcome Crusty-KRAK!:) Its good to see you here, bro.

You have come a long way the last few years.
Congrats, and GOOD WORK!

You possess the features and qualities to pull your spirit and heart within you to take a stand where everyone else has fallen and this endurance will spark the fire in you crowning your passions in life.

Look forward in taking the walk with you as you train this year, and work toward your personal goals!

By the way, I train hard, and at home, does this count? :)

bruteforce 12-13-2011 11:06 AM

Glad to have you on board, your training looks intense and like a lot of fun. Congrats on getting leaner and, from the sound of it, a lot stronger and healthier!

wesrman 12-13-2011 11:13 AM

Good to see u here bro! Im sure you'll like it.

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

markievicz 12-13-2011 11:17 AM

nice work getting a log going mate....

great avi also

Jamesw 12-13-2011 08:59 PM

90 mins of yoga this afternoon.

Chillen 12-13-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamesw (Post 197651)
90 mins of yoga this afternoon.

Good job James. I have followed you for the passed couple of years or so, and you have much to be proud of.

Here's something to think about:

Its all in attitude and perception.

Nay-sayers are YOUR Yea-sayers.

You see, for naysayers, they don’t know how it’s like to achieve your goals at all. Everything they’re saying is just to scare you into going back where you came from. Why? Because they’re actually scared themselves. They’ve never done any of what you’re trying to do and they’re scared that you’ll succeed. They’re scared that if you succeed, it’ll show that they have been wrong all this while about life, and about their lives. They’re scared to discover that they’ve been undermining their potential and wasting their lives all this while.

Don't listen to them.

Listen to your own heart.

You know, James, it has been right from the very beginning.

Peace and much happiness to you,

James.....

Uh, I mean KRUSTY-KRAK! :biglifter:

wesrman 12-13-2011 11:00 PM

Crusted Krak

lololololololol

I amuse myself.

That is all.