Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   MAB's Spike Diet and Training Log (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=813)

BendtheBar 09-26-2009 09:12 AM

MAB's Spike Diet and Training Log

I'm going to run the Spike Diet, and this will be my log.

It is my goal to run the Spike Diet for at least 2 months. I will weigh in every week on Saturday morning, and will provide a weekly recap of the weight I've lost. Call this the Spike Diet Experiment, if you will.

I'm not sure what my workouts will look like. More then a week ago, I had a freak incident while training and strained my right eye socket/sinus area. It had been my goal to reach a 1,400 3-lift total. right now my goal is to train injury free, so I will be repping out, but not killing myself.
I will weigh in every week on Saturday morning, and will provide a weekly recap of the weight I've lost.
My daily calories will be:
Monday. 2000 Calories
Tuesday. 2000 Calories
Wednesday. 2500 Calories
Thursday. 2500 Calories
Friday. 2000 Calories
Saturday. 5000 calories (Spike Day)
Sunday. 2500 Calories
For the week, I will be eating a total of 18,500 calories, which is a daily average of 2643 calories.

My workouts will be:
Monday. OFF
Tuesday. OFF
Wednesday. Shoulders and Biceps
Thursday. Back
Friday. OFF
Saturday. Chest and Triceps
Sunday. Leg Day
NOTES
--Maintenance. I tend to maintain weight around 3200-3400 calories per day.
--If my rate of weight los is too slow after a month, I may cut my Spike day back to 4,500 calories.

For more information on the Spike Diet, please visit the Spike Diet Forum

rippednmichigan 09-26-2009 09:20 AM

Looking forward to your log Steve.

BendtheBar 09-26-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 5970)
Looking forward to your log Steve.

Thanks big Ripper. :march::march::march:

glwanabe 09-26-2009 11:38 AM

subscribed!

BendtheBar 09-26-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 5978)
subscribed!

Thanks man. I might do a GVT style chest workout today. I'm just feeling a little insane right now, and want to use lighter weights and higher reps.

bwys61 09-26-2009 03:19 PM

how do you suscribe to a thread?

i will try the spike if it works for you

BendtheBar 09-26-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 5995)
how do you suscribe to a thread?

i will try the spike if it works for you

Up top above a thread there is a "thread tools" button. Click on it, and you can subscribe.

BendtheBar 09-26-2009 06:14 PM

Spike Day 1: 09/26/2009

Since my spike day is on Saturday, I started the diet with a bang by pigging out. My favorite way to start a diet. Tomorrow I will weigh in.

My workout went well today. I decided to do some German Volume Training. My pecs were fried, to say the least.

I was determined to find a variation of the DB flye that didn't fry my shoulder. And I found one. Instead of using palms facing each other, I turned my hands so my thumbs were facing each other. Then I concentrated on keeping my back clenched and elbows down like a bench press setup.

This really relieved the shoulders, and I could feel the chest working. I'm not much of an isolation work guy, but I thought I would put aside my stubborn ways and try something new. The only issue I had was using too light of a weight. I am calling them "Shaw flyes" in my log so you can differentiate this exercise from standard flyes.

My chest (and triceps) was fried though.

Workout Time: 41 minutes

Workout Grade: B+

Bench Press (60 second rest between sets)

135 x 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/8/7/7

Shaw DB Flyes (60 second rest between sets)

15's x 10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10/10

BendtheBar 09-29-2009 10:38 AM

Spike Day 4: 09/29/2009

Did my official weigh in the other day and nearly fell off the scale in shock. It's insane how fast I can gain weight when I return to normal eating.

Let the fun begin!

Today is an off day. I am trying to survive on 2000 calories. Wish me luck. I haven't eaten this few amount of calories in quite a while. But, knowing that on Saturday I can eat like a mamma jamma, I'm hanging in there.

Mauler97 09-29-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn (Post 6186)
Spike Day 4: 09/29/2009

Did my official weigh in the other day and nearly fell off the scale in shock. It's insane how fast I can gain weight when I return to normal eating.

Let the fun begin!

Today is an off day. I am trying to survive on 2000 calories. Wish me luck. I haven't eaten this few amount of calories in quite a while. But, knowing that on Saturday I can eat like a mamma jamma, I'm hanging in there.

Good luck man,

Use the water mixed with fiber powder to help get you between meals, and chew alot of mint gum. When I start dieting I chew so much gum its almost like I just quit smoking..lol

You can do it.