jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

great workouts............but where's the beard?
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 PM   #22
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
great workouts............but where's the beard?
HAHA!!! Thanks....

Here is a picture from Wendsday afternoon. I trimmed the front down so it is all even now. I think I've been growing it since last Sunday.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:38 PM   #23
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Who took that picture? The cop getting ready to pull you over? Or the wise guy grooming himself to look just like you?

MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:21 AM   #24
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I'm glad you've realised you're capable of a lot more on squats. You're a powerful guy and will be up around 405 in no time with right attitude

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #25
BigJosh
Max Brawn

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Who took that picture? The cop getting ready to pull you over? Or the wise guy grooming himself to look just like you?

LOL! Could it be both?
I took it when I was at work the other day for the purpose of posting here. I'm not much of a picture taker and poster, so I feel kind of silly doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I'm glad you've realised you're capable of a lot more on squats. You're a powerful guy and will be up around 405 in no time with right attitude

LtL
Thanks for the encouragement LtL.
I want to respectfully clear up a possible misconception about my squats. I do not slack off or pussy foot around my squating. I squat consistently and like every other lift in the gym I give it my all. I will admit that because of a back injury that occurred while squating, I may not put myself out there as much as I do with other lifts, but anyone who has injured themselves serious enough to put themselves out the of the weight room for months, can probably relate that it takes a while before the fear subsides.
I just don't want you guys to think I am bitching out when it comes to my squating. I squat deep and am honest about my numbers.
I hope I'm not out of line, because I mean no disrespect. Just want to assure you guys at MaB that I walk the walk when it comes to my weights.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default 11/19/11

Power Clean
135x3,185xfail , 155x3,165x3,170x3,165x2,155x3

OHP
125 x6,6,6

T-bar Row
135x8,8,8

DB incline bench
75x8,8,8

DB Curl
40x8,8,8

Decline Crunches
bwx15,15,12

Overall Workout Grade: B for Bitch slapped

Notes:
Soooo..... I got the bright idea that since I already deadlifted once this week, I should try some power cleans. It's been a while since I power cleaned( a couple years probably) but I thought, how hard can it be.
I warmed up with a couple sets of hang cleans.
Then Power cleaned 135.
Now, just to back up a bit, going into this I thought, I have a pretty strong deadlift, I'm sure I can PC at least 225 for a set of 3, no problem.
WRONG!!!!
I failed on 3 attempts of 185. Needless to say my ego took a bit of slap.

The rest of the workout went good. My OHP is progressing nicely.
My t-bar rows feel great. I'm loving these.
Db incline bench felt good as well, I'll be kicking these up next week.

Overall it was a great workout. Thus far this a/b is feeling great.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #27
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I failed on 3 attempts of 185. Needless to say my ego took a bit of slap.
I have come to understand, and believe, weightlifting is all about your ego getting slapped, then coming back to slap back.

You will slap back.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #28
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I have come to understand, and believe, weightlifting is all about your ego getting slapped, then coming back to slap back.

You will slap back.
Indeed it is sir. Indeed it is....
I couldn't agree more. And this is one of the reasons weightlifting "seperates the men from the boys". You either can give up or say I'm going to nail this. Those are your options.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
HAHA!!! Thanks....

Here is a picture from Wendsday afternoon. I trimmed the front down so it is all even now. I think I've been growing it since last Sunday.
Fuzzy face, I love you...

Quote:
Squats felt good. I realize mentally I have really been holding myself back on my squats. And based on my past injury history, rightfully so.
This is one of the hardest things for me to do mentally. Babying my squats usually leads to minor form changes for me.

I am not telling you to do this, but when I have a tender ankle or knee strain, I force myself to attack the squat as normal.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:19 AM   #30
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Fuzzy face, I love you...
HAHAHA!!! That's funny.
Thanks for the advice BtB. I'm really going to try to grind out my squats a bit more than I have been.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.