BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 11/25/11

Deads
385x0, 375x2, 365x1, 335x3,3
Absolutely terrible.

OHP
130x6,6,6

T-bar Row
140x8,8,5

DB incline Bench
80x8,8,8

DB curl
40x8,8,7

Rev Pec Deck
80x10,10,10

Overall Workout Grade: C

Notes:
Horrible deadlift session, just horrible. My deadlift is my most consistent and reliable lift, but it was complete crap yesterday. I pulled 375 3x3 last week, with relative ease. This week I struggled with 335x3. Not trying to make excuses, but in an effort to figure out what I did wrong I came up with this list:
1.) My sleep the night before the workout was disrupted. I had to take my fiance to the hospital at 3:00 am (she's fine, just a little scare). I slept a few hours when I got home, but my sleep pattern was disrupted.
2.) I went to a different gym. Different equipment and surrondings, maybe it threw me off.
3.)I only ate once before going to lift. I always eat at least 2 full meals before going to the gym .
4.) My last deadlift workout, I opted to Power clean instead.

Hopefully this was just a bad workout.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 01:56 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Horrible deadlift session, just horrible. My deadlift is my most consistent and reliable lift, but it was complete crap yesterday. I pulled 375 3x3 last week, with relative ease. This week I struggled with 335x3. Not trying to make excuses, but in an effort to figure out what I did wrong I came up with this list:
1.) My sleep the night before the workout was disrupted. I had to take my fiance to the hospital at 3:00 am (she's fine, just a little scare). I slept a few hours when I got home, but my sleep pattern was disrupted.
2.) I went to a different gym. Different equipment and surrondings, maybe it threw me off.
3.)I only ate once before going to lift. I always eat at least 2 full meals before going to the gym .
4.) My last deadlift workout, I opted to Power clean instead.

Hopefully this was just a bad workout.
I am all over the place with deads too. One day 605 feels easy, the next 545 feels impossible. It's a touchy lift for some. CNS can be a bitch.

My only advice is to put it out of your mind.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #43
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Yeah i agree, forget about it Josh and move on. You are doing serious work in here mate

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:41 PM   #44
BigJosh
Max Brawn

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I am all over the place with deads too. One day 605 feels easy, the next 545 feels impossible. It's a touchy lift for some. CNS can be a bitch.

My only advice is to put it out of your mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Yeah i agree, forget about it Josh and move on. You are doing serious work in here mate

Carl.
Thanks for the great advice here gents. I had this in my mind as I went in to the gym tonight.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #45
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default 11/28/11

Squats
255x6,6,6

Bench
255x6,6,4

DB rows
95x8,8,7

Db Laterals
22.5x8,8,8

CGBP
185x8,8,8

Overall Workout Grade: B

Notes:
The issues I experienced my last workout were a mere memory. I felt good tonight.
Nailed my squats. They were smooth and easy(relatively speaking). I went ahead and wore a belt, it seemed to make a difference. Looking forward to bumping these up.
The only reason this workout wasn't an A was my damn Bench press. It is exactly were it was last workout. I'm beginning to consider a change in my flat bench press approach. Outside of Madcow, it has become stale with this routine and my previous routine(before madcow). I'll give it another week or so, but if it doesn't progress, I may consider switching to dumbells instead of barbell or something along those lines.
DB rows felt good. I'm having fun with these. I should have been able to pull the full 8 on the last set, but my grip couldn't hang. Not sure whether I'm going to tough it out or go ahead and use straps. I'll have to think about it.
CGBP was right were I wanted it to be. Nailed all 3 sets for the first time since I started this routine. Looking forward to bumping the weight up.
I kind of have been slacking on crunches. I need to practice self discipline and make sure I don't let them fall to the wayside.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #46
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Keep smashing... you need more beard
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #47
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
Keep smashing... you need more beard
Thanks man. I'll get an updated beard pic up this evening. It's still growing strong!

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #48
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Latest Beard Picture:

Took this one at the office today.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #49
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Improvement! Lol.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:15 AM   #50
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Default 11/30/11

Deads
385x3,3,3
OHP
135x6,6,6
T-bar Row
140x8,8,8
DB incline bench
85x8,6, 80x4
Db Curls
40x8,8,7

Overall Workout Grade:A+
Notes:
It doesn't get much better than a session like this.
Smashed 385 3x3 on the deads. Last time I DLed I failed on 385 and could barely pull 375 at all. Tonight 385 went like butter. It felt great, I felt great.
After the DLs I kind of rode a high threw the rest of my workout and I don't think i've came down yet.
OHP felt good. 135 came easy. Form and bar speed held true. It was great to hit the plates.
T-Bar row, this was another lift that was fail last time I tried it. Tonight it felt strong. I will bump it up next time a do it.
Failed a bit on my db incline bench. But sometimes with progression comes failure, so it's par for the course. I am confident it will continue to progress as it has.
Db Curls felt good. Maybe next time I can hit 3x8. We shall see.
Once again I skipped out on any ab work. I'm a bad boy. I think I said this last time, but I need to get my ass in gear and do my crunches.

This is the kind of session that keeps you coming back. Just a side note, this was the first workout in many months that I haven't used caffeine in the form of a thermogenic or some other stimulate pre workout. And it was an A+ session. Take that for what it is worth.

Quote:
Make gains, not excuses.