Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast
Default Jwood wants to be a Juggernaut!

I thought I would start a new day for this new adventure. I have been doing Westside for about 4 months now and my results have been decent. I think it is time for a switch. I will be doing the Juggernaut Program by Chad Wesley Smith. Its gonna be awesome!!

Workouts may be a little jumbled for the next few weeks, b/c of holidays and figuring my work/training schedule. I need to adjust to this. Another reason I thought this would be perfect, the first two cycles will be a little jumbled and that is ok because these are the high rep cycles. I would rather be a little messed up on these sets, rather than when I am trying to hit a new PR.

I am going to try to lift 4 times a week, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday. However, if I am going to miss a saturday workout I might workout sunday if possible, my regular gym is closed, but I could go elsewhere. Or I will combine Weds, and Saturday, squats and deads. Then I will just cut down on assistance. You guys will see my assistance as I go. Sets of 10 shocked my body tonight!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 PM   #2
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Monday Bench Press
First Juggernaut workout, I am gonna be sore!

Bench Press
135x2x5 Warm up
190 x 4 sets x 10 reps
190 x 1 set x 12 reps
The last set is done past the rep protocol but short of failure. These sets got difficult fast.

DB Incline Press
70s x 10
80s x 10, 8, 8, 7
Started to really hit me on these.

Neutral Grip Lat Pulldown to chin
180 x 10
225x8
250x3x8

Band Tricep Extension
Monster Minis doubled x 5 x 15, 15, 15, 14, 12
Killer!

Shoulder Circuit
Lateral raise, front raise, band pull a parts
Did pull a part like ty phillips showed me, and they are much harder. I try to keep the wrists straight and replicate the motion of a bench press.

Awesome first workout, I am very happy with this. Wednesday I will be combining squats and deadlifts, and the assistance after that will be minimal. Probably just abs and reverse hypers. I am looking forward to this.

Through the first two cycles I will be bulking pretty hard which fits perfect into the system. I will be looking to put on some size while doing high reps!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #3
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Good session J. The volume will do you well...
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Good session J. The volume will do you well...
Thanks buddy, I am hoping so. I am really sore today, but feels good.

Tuesday Quick Sprint Workout
Dynamic Warm up
8 sprints x about 60 yards, very limited rest

Finished up with some agility drills, just to make sure I can still do them.

Tomorrow will be squats and deadlifts, usually these will be separate. But this week, they have to be done together. I can not train on saturday and sunday the gym is closed. I will probably do some sort of strongman activity on sunday.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good start Jeremy. Where does it recommend percentage wise you start? I need to pull out the e-book and take another look.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good start Jeremy. Where does it recommend percentage wise you start? I need to pull out the e-book and take another look.
The first week is 60%

The first cycle basically looks like this:
60% x 5 x 10
67.5 x 3 x 10
75 % as many as possible (10 plus)
then a deload

Yesterday was a fun workout, it went very fast but I am sore today.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:37 PM   #7
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Jugg Workout 2, Brutal!
I mentioned before that today I was combining squats and deads. Hopefully these can usually be done on separate days. Today was good, lots of pain!

Squats
135x2x5
245x4 sets x 10 reps
245x 1 set x 11 reps
This was pretty awesome, the volume allows me to work on my form and still get a crazy amount of work in. Right now I am working on bringing my feet in a little bit, I always revert back to old habits. Focusing on just feeling the weight in the right places.

Sumo Deads
135x5
225x3
265x 5 sets x 10 reps
I did not push for reps on the last set, my legs and low back were incredibly pumped. Felt awesome though, with sumo I do not mind higher reps.

GHRs
BW x 3 x 15
muscles were just tired

Sit ups on GHR
BW x 3 x 15-20

DB Shrugs
100s x 3 x 20
Traps were already feeling it from deads, but like to hit them hard.

Tomorrow is going to be a rough day, my muscles are already feeling it big time. Today I started taking Jack3d and Xtend. I like both of these products so far, I had great energy throughout the workout and felt like I could have kept going. I am going to try to take minimal amounts of Jack3d, when I used it in the past I was taking 3 scoops every workouts. Right now I am going to stick with 1-2, most days just 1. 2 scoops if I really need it. Just looking for a little boost.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #8
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Jugg Workout 3
Shoulders were burning like crazy!

Standing OHP
Bar x 2 x 10-15
95x5
110x 4 x 10
110x 12
This was a deep burn!

Dips
BW x 10
Bw plus 30 pound chain x 4 x 10

DB Rows
80s x 10
110s x 10
120s x 3 x 10
These felt awesome!

Tate Press
55s x 3 x 8

Pull Ups very wide
BW x 3 x 8

Band Pull A Parts
Mini band x 3 x 20

This was a pretty quick workout, I am trying to keep up the pace on these workouts. All of my assistance work is done back and forth. Kind of a superset but I do rest a little in between. Took about a scoop and a half of Jack3d, a little less than last night. I think that is my sweet spot, gives me good energy and focus no crazy jitters. Really having fun w/ juggernaut so far, I hope it helps my lifts. Next, week is going to be rough, more sets of 10!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:27 AM   #9
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

THE DEEP BURN! haha

Looking forward to seeing how you progress on Juggernaut, liked the e-book. Good luck!
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #10
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

I have some kids that I use to train running this now. They are loving it. I have to adjust it time to time for them due to their levels, but its killing them haha! Good luck with the program, it looks like it would be just nasty to me.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote