Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #501
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Thanks steve, I am looking forward to big things also. I need to keep focus on the basics.

Also, going to keep my assistance much simpler. One day is going to be dips and pull ups the other days will be DB rows and a tricep movement for upper body.

Lower body is going to be very limited assistance, need to focus on big lifts and recovering.
It's been working for me. Hope it does the same for you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #502
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

First Day Back to the Basics
Hard heavy lifting for a while, not a lot of different stuff, but just pushing harder on these lifts. Feeling tight, but great!!

Bench Press
135x5
185x3
225x3
255x1
275x1
290 x 5 (rep out set, left probably one good rep in the tank)
Back off
255x3, 275x3
305x1
315x1, this was tough
Happy with the numbers I hit here. Weights felt a little heavy, have not done straight bench in a while, but that changes now

Dips
BW x 20
BW plus 30 lb chain x 3 x 12, last set was a killer!
BW x 17, died

Pull Ups
Bw x 10
BW plus 30 lb chain x 3 x 6
BW x 8, 6 (failed here)

Awesome, loved the basic assistance. In total, the main lift took about 30-35 minutes, quite a bit more volume. Then the assistance about 15 minutes each. 5 plus sets of each, takes a little bit of time. As my body gets used to this work, I will add volume and shorten the rest periods but only with these 2 movements. Dips are here to stay, my triceps were on fire and my shoulders were very swollen.

Began a little bit of carb backloading. To my post workout meal I added a sweet potato and then about an hour later had a banana with PB. Have not had PB in a long while, delicious! Gonna see how this goes, I am basically doing the same exact thing, just adding 2 servings of carbs for now. If I want to put on more weight, I will eat more carbs. Simple!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:03 AM   #503
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looks good Jeremy. So you basically when for reps, backed off and then built up again. Sound about right for what you'll be doing for a while?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #504
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looks good Jeremy. So you basically when for reps, backed off and then built up again. Sound about right for what you'll be doing for a while?
This is exactly right, and if I am not feeling up to working back up heavier I can either skip it or do some singles with lighter weight
Old 05-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #505
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Tuesday Squats
Felt very out of my groove tonight but I was able to hit what I needed to hit. This workout killed me! Makes me feel like I have just been going through the motions for the last 6 weeks or so.

Squats
145x5,3
195x3
235x3
285x1
335x1
365x1
405x3 (this was my max rep set, but I would have been lucky to get one more rep)
360x3
380x3
410x1 This felt crazy heavy!
Weights just felt heavy tonight, not sure if I may have programmed the squat too heavy. But I am going to stick with the weights and just push through this cycle and see how it goes.

RDLs
135x10
185x8
225x6
275x2x5
Going to focus on these for a while, should be able to hit a lot heavier weights on these. I will progress fast.

Shrugs
315x20
405x2x20
I think farmers have really helped my traps, these shrugs were super easy. Probably did more than 20 reps.

This was a tough workout. I was really grinding out the reps of 405, and 410 was a struggle. Was probably a little high. I was just out of my groove, time to do work. I enjoyed the workout, squats took a little longer than I would like, but they were tough!

By the way I am very sore from yesterday's workout, triceps, lats and shoulders are tight. Good signs, heavy and hard!

I was hungry today too. Just hungry all day, I think my body is trying to tell me something. So, I really crushed food at dinner, I ate 3 huge burgers and loaded up on carbs too. I think I will vary the amount of carbs I have with the intensity of my workout. Tonight was a tough workout, so I just kept eating.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #506
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Surprised 405-410 felt that heavy for you. Squats can drive you crazy in that way. I think it's a good call trying it once again before back down a bit.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #507
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Surprised 405-410 felt that heavy for you. Squats can drive you crazy in that way. I think it's a good call trying it once again before back down a bit.
As long as I hit my numbers, I will keep the cycle going. There will just be no increase in weights the next cycle, hopefully a bump in reps though. There is more than one way to progress on this workout, lol. Can either add reps or weight all in the same workout.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #508
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Wednesday Quick Sprint Workout

Lots of dynamic warm up!

Sprints
3x40-50 yards
4 x 70-80 yards
3x 40-50 yards
I have no idea the exact distance, I pace it out and then pick a number that is lower. Just an estimate, the longer sprints were tough. Short rest just enough time to walk back.

Body feels pretty good, I think I like carb back loading 2 days in haha. Energy levels are higher, and less soreness so far. Although, my traps today are killing me. I have not done BB shrugs in a while, I thought farmers were enough, but I am dying!
Old 05-10-2012, 08:23 AM   #509
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
There is more than one way to progress on this workout, lol. Can either add reps or weight all in the same workout.
Works for me.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #510
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Thursday DE bench/ OHP
I still did speed bench tonight, but it was very quick and easy. I will keep this, but get rid of the speed squats for a while. Had a solid session tonight

Speed Bench
*all sets plus short minis
135x6x3, close grip

Standing OHP
95x8
135x3
155x7 (rep out set, felt pretty easy!)
135x3
145x3
165x2
175x1
Both felt pretty easy, also went no belt on any of these reps. I think I programmed this lift pretty much right on

DB Rows
80sx 15
110sx 8
Drop Sets
130s x 6/ 110s x 6
130s x 8/ 110s x 8
130s x 8/ 110s x 10
These were tough sets, I like upping the intensity on back work. My back can take it.

Skull Crushers
70x15
95x10
115x2x6
95x2x10
Tried to keep these very strict

Everything felt great today. Feeling very focused. I may do squats tomorrow or saturday not sure. I have to work on Saturday. We started a saturday rotation at work so I will be working some saturdays for a while. Not really a big deal.

I am loving carb back loading. My body seems to really like this, when I get done lifting I am just ready to eat. And then I feel great afterwards, recovery seems good. I will see how fat loss goes. I am pretty lean right now, and I would be happy to hold steady for a while and get some strength. Gonna feel this diet for a while, gonna try to keep doing it for a long time, it is very simple. No reason to stop it.