Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Thursday Deadlifts
Terrible day, really felt off today. Had an off day at work, some stressful situations and did get my meals in like normal. I was with my boss today, so I ate pizza for lunch. just no good, and my hammie was still hurting quite a bit.

Speed Squats
plus light band
145x6x2

Sumo Deads
135x6
225x2x3
315x2
405x1
465x1
535x miss x 2
Just did not have it today

Speed Deads
385x3x3

Stiff Legged Deads
135x3x10

Pull Ups
BW x 3 x 8

Just did not have it this week. I knew it from squats. Just did not feel explosive today. Next week will be better. Going to continue with the cycle and shoot for 550 next week to complete the cycle. Going to take it easy on my squats on Monday and really take it easy on conditioning on Wednesday. Hopefully I will crush this next week.

I guess you can only have so many good workouts in a row. I think the squat PR killed me this week. No big deal, have to move on and get it next week. I am thinking of hitting the log tomorrow to switch it up for OHP.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #872
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I think the squat PR killed me this week.
That happens to me a lot on squats.

I know some of these guys say you can't overtrain or whatever, but usually when I hit a squat PR I'm messed up for a few days.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #873
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That happens to me a lot on squats.

I know some of these guys say you can't overtrain or whatever, but usually when I hit a squat PR I'm messed up for a few days.
I agree, I don't know if I consider it being overtrained or whatnot, but I do think your body needs to recover from ME lifts, and it will affect you later in the week. O well, I have moved on and will crush it next week.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #874
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Friday Crushed It!
Decided to switch it up a little bit this week and do log tonight. I have been doing a lot of strict military so time for a break. No strongman this weekend, I plan on doing some tire flips but nothing serious.

Log 1 Clean and Press
105x5,3
145x2x3
195x2 singles
215x1
245x1 PR, plus 5 pounds
215x4
This PR felt awesome, really went up great. 215 felt terrible but then I got crazy and just went for it. I have a lot more in me!!

BB Curls
45x15
65x12
95x10
115x6
125x5
65x2x8

Tricep Pushdown
70x2x12
70 plus doubled mini band x a bunch of sets x8-10

Really fun training session! Next weekend I should be back on track with strongman. I am gong to try to start working in 3 week rotations, with a 4th week being speed/deload.

Week 1-Farmers, axle c&p
Week 2-Yoke, circus db
Week 3-tire, log
Week 4-deload
-after each of the two main events, I am going to do some sort of conditioning, like keg carries, sled drags, medly. Something along those lines, this way I will get in conditioning and have more of a plan. Events can take forever if you do not have a focused plan.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #875
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Saturday Quick Workout

Tire Flips
a few warm up flips
9 flips in 60 seconds
2 sets x 3 flips
This felt good, need to get my conditioning up.

Keg Work-clean and press
a few singles
2 x 3

That is it, did not have too much time today. Just wanted to hit the tire, I have not done it for a while. Time to start tracking my strongman workouts better. I am also going to start comparing myself to others in competition to see how I would place.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #876
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good training J. And good luck with the strongman plan and competitions!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #877
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
245x1 PR, plus 5 pounds
Crazy strong. Well done.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #878
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good training J. And good luck with the strongman plan and competitions!
Thanks swede, strongman is just a lot more fun than powerlifting. Haha, love both sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Crazy strong. Well done.
Thanks steve, log is going up nicely. I think the keg cleans will help a lot. Really teaches you how to throw the hips and easily clean the weight.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #879
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Sunday Strongman Medley
First I want to say congratulations to my girlfriend, she ran a 5k this morning and crushed the field for the women. I believe she finished close to 2 minutes in front of the next woman competitor. She finished 8th overall, out of about 150 competitiors. This was just a small local run, but she just signed up two weeks ago and ran an awesome time!!

I wanted to train today because it is so nice out but did not know what to do. So I tortured my body, haha.

Medley- all events done for about 100 feet with a turn at 50 feet
Bear Hug Keg Carry
Keg Carry
Backwards Sled Drag- 4 plates
*did 3 rounds of this and thought I was going to die after each one. I nearly puked a lot, but this was fun. The sled drag was a lot harder than I thought, part of the pull was a slight incline.

Duck Walk-100 ft one turn
4 plates x 3 sets

Weather is so nice today, I wore my heavy tights to train in with compression shorts underneath. I thought it would be a good idea to really heat up my hamstring. So right now my legs are sweating, but I will leave the compression on for a little while. Time to eat!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #880
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Sunday Strongman Medley
First I want to say congratulations to my girlfriend, she ran a 5k this morning and crushed the field for the women. I believe she finished close to 2 minutes in front of the next woman competitor.
That's awesome!