Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #601
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
370x4
The first two reps of 370 felt great, at that point I was looking for 6, but then I got a little loose and that killed me. Should be easy to beat this one next week.
Back bothering you at that point, or your form slipping?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #602
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Back bothering you at that point, or your form slipping?
I think the form slip causes me to feel the pain.

Something is definitely not right in there, I feel at work when I sit for a while. I feel right as I start to bend over, I think this same pain has happened before. I think I tweak a muscle that is deeper down. It will heal.

As long as I keep my abs braced really tight, it does not seem to bother me at all.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #603
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I love the heat!!!
We got a crazy heat wave today in the north east. Numbers were in the very high 90s with tons of humidity, so what do I do, CONDITIONING!!

Dynamic Warm Ups
Lots of mobility drills, very easy to get lose when it is this hot.

Sled Work
*all sprints were 30 yards, measured this out, about 10 yards further than usual
Sled x 2
25 x 2
45 x 4
70 x 4
As short of rest as possible, but enough time to make sure I got my fluids in. Rest got longer as I went along.

Backwards sprints
25 x 2

Recovery drills
Bench, row, curl, tri extension
25 x not sure how far

Prowler Simulation
*hold handles out in front, I think this is harder than the prowler because you have to stabilize
2 x 20 yard sprints x 25 lbs
70 lbs x 2 x 50 yards (walking push)
70 lbs x 4 x 20 yards
These are rough!

Sprints
3 x 40 yards
Sprinted there and then did side shuffles back to loosen the hips and groin

Had a ton of fun today out there. Even got out of work a little early so it could be even hotter out!! For some reason I love to train in the heat. Now I will try to cool down for a while and take a nice long shower. Feeling great though, my sprints felt very fast today.

My conditioning is really starting to get there. Happy with this, right now pushing for overall nastiness, in other words a Juggernaut!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:49 PM   #604
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Where you from JWood?

Solid conditioning, i know it was hot as F*** here in Philly
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #605
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
Where you from JWood?

Solid conditioning, i know it was hot as F*** here in Philly
I am about 35 minutes North of Philly, right across from Trenton, NJ.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:50 PM   #606
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Thursday OHP
Solid training session today. Shoulders felt a little tired, I think the prowler simulation got me yesterday.That can be tough on the stabilizers

Speed Bench Close Grip
*all sets plus short monster minis
135 x 8 sets x 3 reps

Standing OHP
95x2x5
115x3
135x2
155x1
145x12 Not a PR but a good number
Need to play with the percentages on these, dropping ten pounds just feels like nothing.

DB Rows
80s x 15
100s x 10
110s x 10
110s x 3 x 8
Did these strict today, my low back is still bothering me a little bit. Getting better.

Dips
BW x 10
plus 30 chain x 2 x 10
plus 60 chain x 6
plus 30 x 3 x 10
2 sets of heavy chain around my neck is just awkward, it really just pulls me forward. I need to get a weight belt to go really heavy

Neutral Pulldowns
170x10
205x2x8

Did some abs and called it a day. Overhead press was nothing impressive, but hoping next week I really crush that number. Gonna do some sort of squat training on saturday, just not sure what. Something for reps, nothing too heavy.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #607
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
145x12 Not a PR but a good number
Need to play with the percentages on these, dropping ten pounds just feels like nothing.
What's the recommend drop? About 10% or so?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #608
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What's the recommend drop? About 10% or so?
Yes I believe it is right around 10% maybe slightly higher. But I think you have to vary it on different lifts. A 10% drop on squats feels very different than a 10% drop on OHP.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #609
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Saturday Squats Volume
Hit some good volume today on squats. Went the box squat and back to my chucks. I have not squatted in them in a very long time. May do a cycle in them to see if I like them more. Who knows, but felt good today.

Parallel Box Squats
145x2x5
235x5
285x5
335x 5 sets x 3 reps
355x 3 set x 3 reps
335 x 2 sets x 3 reps
Wanted to hit 10 sets of 3 with decent weight and this felt good. I think box squats need to be reserved for higher rep and volume work like this. I like the movement, it is just different than a raw squat.

Back Extension
bw x 15
bw plus monster mini x 3 x 10

Abs on GHR
BW x 3 x 15

That is it. The squats wore me down a little bit. Tried to take shorter rest and then every few sets give myself a longer break. I really enjoy 10 sets of 3, I did these pretty much exclusively when I ran chaos and pain. I like the volume.

Lower back felt pretty good. I think I have diagnosed myself through some research. I think I have a tight piriformis muscle. This is a small muscle that lies near the sciatic nerve in the glutes. So, I am really going to try to stretch this and roll out good over the next few weeks and see if that helps. Felt good today, kept form extremely tight even with the lighter weight.

Tomorrow is strongman!!
Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 PM   #610
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Strongman Training Back on Track
Boucher is back from his honeymoon and so our schedules should start to work now with doing strongman on the weekends. Today was a lighter session for me, trying to get back better. Felt really good actually.

Farmers Walk
*all sets about 50 ft
120 each hand x 2 sets
160 each x 2 sets
210 each x 4 sets
I did not push the weight any further, I was afraid the pick would mess with my back

Log Clean and Press
*went for more reps
105x10
135x4x5
105x12, 16
Good finisher.

After that did some poor man's reverse hypers on an exercise ball and a bench. Kind of a weird movement to try to explain so youtube and check it out. Really felt good.

This was a good session to get back into strongman. Hoping to do it next sunday also.