Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How's the eating going lately? You keeping it fairly strict?
Not really right now I am just kinda eating whatever. Slowly putting some weight on, letting myself go a bit while I get used to the new job and the holiday season.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #42
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Thursday Military Press
Another good workout!!

Standing OHP
95x5
110x3
130x1
140x14 PR!!
I thought this was going to be a lot harder, I thought I set my ohp too high. Started with a max of 185, but it looks like I can handle it!

Close Grip Bench
135x10
185x8
225x3x6

DB Row
80sx 10
110s x 8
130s x 6
150s x 2 x5
130s x 6

Dips
BW x 15
light band around neck x 4 x 12

Pullups
BW x 10
BW x 4 x 8

Shoulder Circuit
lateral/ front/ rear delt

Got a good pump going today, burning in the shoulders. Pretty happy with this workout, I am going to squat on Sunday, looking for some huge numbers there too!! Overall great workout. Even though I am reading the C&P book, I am still liking the jugg method. But I miss doing heavy singles every day. We will see what kind of results the jugg method brings
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #43
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Good time to do it. Lifting tomorrow? If so SFW!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:37 PM   #44
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Good time to do it. Lifting tomorrow? If so SFW!
No lift tomorrow, gonna wait until sunday. Saturday I am going hunting. So tomorrow night i will just take it easy.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #45
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

jwood bro, i know u know a good bit about chaos and pain, take a look at my c&p thread when u get a chance, military press 140x14, go ahead bro
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #46
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
jwood bro, i know u know a good bit about chaos and pain, take a look at my c&p thread when u get a chance, military press 140x14, go ahead bro
Thanks I will post some stuff in there when I get a chance.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #47
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Saturday Log Workout
I went hunting this morning and did a ton of walking, my joints are feeling it now. It was pretty cold this morning, and I pretty much walked for 4 hours straight. But I came home took a quick nap and did some work with the log. I am planning adding in some more volume, some extra workouts and stuff.

Log Clean and Press
10 sets of 3 reps total
145x2x3
165x4x3
175x1x3
165x1x3
145x2x3
These were pretty tough, my mind was in it but my body was tired.

Also did some sets of pull ups inbetween my sets, not sure how many though. I am going to squat tomorrow, planning on getting some good rest tonight.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #48
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Sunday Squat Training

Squats
135x2x5
225x5
245x3
285x1
305x15
Might have been 16 but I kinda lost count. My body felt pretty awful today, these reps were a grind. If I was feeling fresh I would have had an easy 20. But its all good, I just did too much yesterday, between walking in the woods for 4 hours and then doing the log last night. Still was able to push through

Good Mornings
135x5
185x3
135x3x5
Not really feeling these today, they just hurt.

Hack Squats
135x5
225x5
275x3x5
I really like these and I think they need to be used more often. Kill the quads and force you to use perfect form. And they kill your grip, awkward.

Plate loaded rows
4 plates x 3 x 10

Back Extension
3 x 20

Also did some ab work, but that is about it. Time for a deload week. Surprisingly I do not feel that beat down. I went as hard as I could this week and hit good numbers but I do not really feel worn mentally or physically. I am gonna push pretty hard this week with mostly speed work.

I went to Man's World Gym today where I trained for about a year. It is just not the same without Joe Dodd, this place just makes me sad now. everyone just talks about how his wife is going to lose the gym and they are losing all of the good lifters that came there. I do not go there often, but it is just not the same there anymore.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #49
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post

Also did some ab work, but that is about it. Time for a deload week. Surprisingly I do not feel that beat down. I went as hard as I could this week and hit good numbers but I do not really feel worn mentally or physically. I am gonna push pretty hard this week with mostly speed work.
Might as well. Good news that you feel solid and not like a zombie.

That's my goal on my deload this week. Lighter weight but speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I went to Man's World Gym today where I trained for about a year. It is just not the same without Joe Dodd, this place just makes me sad now. everyone just talks about how his wife is going to lose the gym and they are losing all of the good lifters that came there. I do not go there often, but it is just not the same there anymore.
That's too bad. That gym has personality and just calls for you to get in there and tear up iron.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #50
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Might as well. Good news that you feel solid and not like a zombie.

That's my goal on my deload this week. Lighter weight but speed.

That's too bad. That gym has personality and just calls for you to get in there and tear up iron.
Thanks steve, I am looking forward to some speed work this week. I felt pretty good, I slept like a baby last night.

The gym definitely has personality, but it losing the people and that means it is losing the personality. Most of the guys there are just as happy lifting at a commercial gym that is cheaper now that Joe is gone.