Old 02-19-2012, 12:55 PM   #271
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Sunday Quick Random Workout
I did not feel to great today, had way too much beer last night. And I did not eat enough when I got home. O well.

Log Clean and Press
105x5
145x3
165x3
185x3
Need to start doing more rep work with the log. Less singles, it is so much harder to rep out on the log.

Zercher Squats
135x2x5
185x3
225x3
275x3
These are fun but they hurt

Curls
65x15
85x2x10
65x12

Did some ab work and called it a day. My low back is pretty fatigued. Need to do some recovery work so I can hit a big number tuesday. Big bench workout tomorrow so I did not want to hit my shoulders too hard. Just had some fun then stopped.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:42 PM   #272
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I did not feel to great today, had way too much beer last night. And I did not eat enough when I got home. O well.
Zerchers probably cured that hangover a bit.

Nice job.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:11 PM   #273
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Zerchers probably cured that hangover a bit.

Nice job.
You are absolutely right, I felt fine when I was outside, it was nice and cool out, but then when I went into my basement. I thought I was gonna hurl, but I able to just kinda make my way thru a pretty easy lift. Nothing heavy there.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #274
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Monday Juggernaut Final Sessions!
Pretty solid work today, I did a little too much yesterday. I went too heavy on the log and zerchers were just a bad idea before a max workout. Still did fine.

Bench Press
135x2x5
185x3
225x2
255x1
285x1
315x3 PR!
I am satisfied with this number, I was hoping for 4. I know my bench is a lot stronger I just need more confidence with the heavier weights. 315 would still be a meet PR, so my bench has come quite a ways, I think

Swiss Bar Bench
135x10
185x3x10

Cable Row with back bar, wide grip
180x 4 x 15
Good pump, back was kinda sore.

Skull Crushers
75x12
95x3x10

EZ bar curls
75x12
95x3x10

Shoulder circuit
Lateral raise, front raise, mini band pull a part
3x15 each

Banded Triceps
Doubled mini x 2 x 20

I think my bench will be fine. I never bench fresh, I always do something crazy on sunday to make my body feel fatigued, and work always sucks on Monday. That does not help.

Tomorrow is a huge deadlift workout for me, I have to hit 495x3 plus. I am hoping for 5, and then my assistance is going to be really easy. Depending on how I feel.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #275
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
315 would still be a meet PR, so my bench has come quite a ways, I think
Great progress. Looks like your previous PR might be your new opener. Plan on doing any paused benching from here on out?

Old 02-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #276
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Great progress. Looks like your previous PR might be your new opener. Plan on doing any paused benching from here on out?
Yes my thought exactly, I think I am going to open at 315.

I plan to do a lot of repeat singles using a pause, hoping to do repeats of 315 to get really comfortable with it. And then do some overload training off boards maybe once and then just focus on getting tight on singles.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 AM   #277
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Yes my thought exactly, I think I am going to open at 315.

I plan to do a lot of repeat singles using a pause, hoping to do repeats of 315 to get really comfortable with it. And then do some overload training off boards maybe once and then just focus on getting tight on singles.
Good luck. The second lift is the stumper. During my first meet I blew my second lift and I don't want a repeat of that.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:12 PM   #278
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Juggernaut Final Week, Deadlifts!!
Today went great, my hips felt good. Took an extra couple minutes to warm up and do some mobility drills. I think they are key to a good workout, any ways here it is, huge PR!

Sumo Deadlift
135x2x5
225x3
315x1
365x1
405x1
455x1
495x6 PR!! Sick, very happy with this.
Form got pretty bad after rep 3, but sometimes you just gotta go for it!

Cambered Bar Squats
(i think the bar is 60 pounds)
150x5
240x5
290x3x5
All these were pretty easy, no belt. Really settled onto the box and tried to explode off.

GHR
BW x 5 x 10

Abs on GHR
3 x 20
2x12

That is it. I was worn out after deads and squats. My hands were a little torn up to. Going to take a week or so off from heavy deads and then test my conventional dead. I need to know which is stronger, I think when the weights get to max level conventional will be better. Gotta experiment soon and find out.

I have been thinking about my weights also, I am going to open pretty conservative on squats and make sure I hit a lift.
Squat lifts as planned are 425, 465, 500.
Bench lifts: 315, depends how it feels, hopefully 330, then 340??
Deadlifts: 525, 565, 600

These are just rough ideas. Squats will probably stick to those numbers but the rest are up in the air. 2nd attempts will all be meet PRs, bench is opening at a PR, but I am going to make sure I am super comfortable with that weight.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #279
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
495x6 PR!! Sick, very happy with this.
Nice!

When I was in Trenton last year I think you hit a 525 or 545 single. I see a nice PR coming at the meet.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 AM   #280
Pull14
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Very, very impressive work J. 6x425... 3x315... 6x495...

Really "going out" with a big arse bang.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote