Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #1101
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I started with eating coconut oil in the morning, very weird texture. Felt like I was eating candle wax, but it really did keep me full for a long time.
You plan on adding that to your protein powder at all?

Solid benching. Smash on!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #1102
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You plan on adding that to your protein powder at all?

Solid benching. Smash on!
I probably will eventually, the book suggests 1-2 teaspoons, with whey isolate. And some caffeine, this is called the am accelerator shake, according to the book you can have as many of them as you want through the morning and it will not affect the fast. Right now I am just going to have the coconut oil and then a shake a couple hours later.

Also, the book mentions adding it to coffee, but I do not like coffee. Might be time to learn to like it
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #1103
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Tuesday Deload Lower
Felt good today, energy was really good. Day 2 carb backloading and I feel great. I am going to order some waxy maize and maybe some creatine, which is highly reccomended in CBL book. Next week I will make sure I get a shake right after workouts, just to increase the carbs I can get in.

Squats
*plus light bands
145x2x2
195x2x2
235x6 x 2
added box-just to see
235x2x2
These felt good, made sure to pause in the hole, and really try to explode out

Rack Pulls
*plus doubled short minis
135x3
225x3
315 x 6 sets x 2 reps
These were easy, felt strong

Stones
Messed around for a while with a light stone, just to practice the form. I need to find out the weights of the stones we have at the gym. There is only 2. Today I worked with the lighter one

GHR SS with GHR Sit Ups
BW x 10/ 20
plus mini band x 2 x 10 / 2x20

Prowler
plus 50 x 1 set of 10 runs

Felt good tonight, really loosened up nicely. Tomorrow will be a day off, I think I have to go to the dentist after work. And then on Thursday I will max out push press and see where it is. Deload is going well. Other than push press I do not plan on doing much thursday.

Thursday I will check my weight to get a baseline for CBL and go from there
Old 01-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #1104
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I probably will eventually, the book suggests 1-2 teaspoons, with whey isolate. And some caffeine, this is called the am accelerator shake, according to the book you can have as many of them as you want through the morning and it will not affect the fast. Right now I am just going to have the coconut oil and then a shake a couple hours later.

Also, the book mentions adding it to coffee, but I do not like coffee. Might be time to learn to like it
That's pretty much my days for the last 3 years. Except for the oil.

Is the waxy strictly used post-workout?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #1105
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's pretty much my days for the last 3 years. Except for the oil.

Is the waxy strictly used post-workout?
Either post workout or prior to bed time. If I start to lose weight I will add in the waxy at night
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #1106
HumanHorrorFilm
Wolfman of Ironsport
Max Brawn
Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60 Points: 8,049, Level: 60
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

HumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beastHumanHorrorFilm is a lifting beast

Coconut Oil has become like crack to me. Seriously. I would inject it if i could hahaha. So good.

Try cooking potatoes in it man.

I've been lurking, not posting, training looks awesome.
"Before the Beginning, after the great war between Heaven and Hell, God created the Earth and gave dominion over it to the crafty ape he called Man. And to each generation was born a Creature of Light and a Creature of Darkness... and great armies clashed by night in the ancient war between good and evil. There was magic then. Nobility. And unimaginable cruelty. And so it was until the day that a false sun exploded over Trinity, and man forever traded away wonder for reason."

Reigning Undisputed MAB Beard Champion

HumanHorrorFilm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #1107
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanHorrorFilm View Post
Coconut Oil has become like crack to me. Seriously. I would inject it if i could hahaha. So good.

Try cooking potatoes in it man.

I've been lurking, not posting, training looks awesome.
Thanks man, I am starting to really enjoy it. I will have to try it with potatoes, sounds awesome

thanks for checking in
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #1108
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Wednesday Quick Conditioning
Had to go the dentist tonight, so I snuck a little 30 minute conditioning workout. Legs were tired, felt like I was dragging a truck!

Sprints
6 sprints x 75 yards
4 sprints x 50 yards

Did a bunch of mobility drills and stuff of that nature. My biceps are super sore today, I am guessing from the stones!

Tomorrow I am going to push press, I am very excited for this lift. I have not done it for a while, I am hoping for a big number!!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #1109
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn

Thursday OHP
I am a little disappointed today, I did not hit the push press I was looking for but it was close. Need to practice this more to really hit a good number.

Push Press
135x2x5
185x3
205x1
225x1
245x1
265x1
290 x miss x 2
245x2
The first attempt with 290 was close, the second one was terrible. Just did not have it today

Dips
BW x 10 x 10
Good volume to deload

Wide Neutral Pull Downs
205x2x10
205x4x8
115x15

EZ Bar Curls
85 x 3 10

Band Pushdowns
Light band x 25, 23, 22

Lateral raise
1x20

This was probably a little too much for a deload but its all good. Body does not feel great yet, hoping by Sunday I feel fresh for some strongman.

I am thinking after this first strongman competition, I am going to add a press to my bench days. This will basically be the main movement, thinking of rotating log, push press, and maybe also clean and press. I will keep strict press on thursdays. I need to focus on overhead pressing abilities if I am serious about strongman. I think this will benefit my log press a lot to move it to mondays. This way on events days, I can focus on more intense events like farmers.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #1110
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Even attempting is Herculean. Keep at it, you'll get it.