Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #41
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellent! I remember those good old days when my conditioning was sky high. It's such a fun place to be for a young athlete.
I envy his enthusiasm right now. He starts basketball today, first practice (Friday).
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #42
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!
Default Thursday, December 15, 2011

Warm-ups
Typical
20 yard sprint time = 4.0 sec. (tied PR)

Conditioning
20 yard hill sprints x 4
Best Time = 5.3 (new PR)

Strength
Band assisted Chin-ups x 6
BW Chin-ups x 1 (tied PR)
Band assisted Chin-ups x 6
Push-ups = 12 regular and 10 from knees
Push-ups = 10 regular and 10 from knees

Finisher
Situps timed (1 min.) = 33 (new PR)

Notes:
Good effort here. Tied or beat his PRs. Was going to do 5 hill sprints, but I told him if he set a PR he could quit.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #43
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Just had a read through this jog OR and its great to see the progress your son is making. It looks like you are both having great fun with this. Its something I am looking forward to doing myself in a few more years.
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #44
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Just had a read through this jog OR and its great to see the progress your son is making. It looks like you are both having great fun with this. Its something I am looking forward to doing myself in a few more years.
It's been a lot of fun for both of us. But now he's started basketball practices, so we'll have to cut it back a bit. His new basketball coach is a ball-buster with the conditioning. They are doing rediculous 1/2 hour full court layup drills to start things off. Then she finishes the practice with 5 sets of lines. And that's twice a week. So I think his new schedule will be:

Sunday - Push-ups, Pull-ups, and Gut work
Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Agilities, Squats, and Prowler pushes
Wednesday - Push-ups, Pull-ups, and Gut work
Thursday - Basketball practice (heavy conditioning)
Friday - Basketball practice. (heavy conditioning)
Saturday - Basketball game (like active rest)

That'll give him three strength days and three conditioning days.

What do you guys think of that?
Old 12-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #45
Off Road
Max Brawn

Default Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My boy was really fired up to train today. His arch-nemisis was bragging about his 50 lb bench press at school. So we had a discussion about bench press vs what he's been doing. I told him that the bench press was a fine lift, but young athletes really need to learn how to control their bodies. I told him at this point doing push-ups will not only work his chest but also work his core and lots of stabilizer muscles. Plus, a 150 lb boy has to be pushing at least 50 lbs when doing push-ups. He bought into it it and was ready to roll...

Warm-ups
Typical + skipping, yes skipping
20 yard Sprint time = 3.7 seconds (new PR)

Agilities
Walking Lunges x 20 yards
Walking Lunges x 20 yards

Strength Training
BW Squats x 15
BW Squats x 15
BW Squats x 15
BW Squats x 15
BW Squats x 15

Conditioning
80 lb Prowler x 20 yards up and back
125 lb Prowler x 20 yards up and back
170 lb Prowler x 20 yards up and back

Finisher
Planks x 30 seconds
L-Sit x 20 seconds
Planks x 30 seconds

Absolutely a great workout. He was pushing that Prowler with absolute determination. He was starting every push from the 3 point stance, and I didn't tell him to do that. I fear for the boys that line up against him next year...Hahaha
Old 12-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Absolutely a great workout. He was pushing that Prowler with absolute determination. He was starting every push from the 3 point stance, and I didn't tell him to do that. I fear for the boys that line up against him next year...Hahaha
Set them up and knock them down!

They have my daughter benching in school now and she has become preoccupied with it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 PM   #47
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
Set them up and knock them down!
Well he knocked 62 down last season, we'll see if he can double that this year

Quote:
They have my daughter benching in school now and she has become preoccupied with it.
Bench is the single greatest test of strength, isn't it? I have my son convinced that squats are the greatest test of strength
Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #48
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Well he knocked 62 down last season, we'll see if he can double that this year

Bench is the single greatest test of strength, isn't it? I have my son convinced that squats are the greatest test of strength
I have my daughter doing goblets right now. I might get her on squats when she hits 13 or 14.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #49
Off Road
Max Brawn

Quote:
I have my daughter doing goblets right now. I might get her on squats when she hits 13 or 14.
Yup. My boy is doing the bodyweight squats, and sometimes medicine ball squats, and will move into sandbag squats. It will be a couple of more years before he feels a bar accross his back.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #50
Off Road
Max Brawn

Haha...I think my son got the first taste of hard training last night. After that intense workout, he ate sooo much dinner, couldn't stop eating. Later that night he was really cranky and tired and would start crying over just about anything. Been there before...lol