Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 11-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
BenReilly
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,275, Level: 28 Points: 2,275, Level: 28 Points: 2,275, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

BenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributor
Default BenReilly's EPIC FAIL

Well, here I am. Been a while guys. Must admit, life has been hectic this past year. From toxic relationships to crazy work hours things fell apart for a while.

But alas a strong career move, new business, and a strong woman by my side have put me back on track. Now if only my body would cooperate with me. So here's the breakdown: Last week I had surgery to repair not one but TWO hernias. One I have had for a while, the other I was unaware of.

The purpose of this thread for me is to get me motivated again, and to help me build up steam until I can actually train the way I want to train. As of right now I can not lift more than 20 pounds for 6 weeks.

Here is where I was 2 weeks ago:
Bench 310x2
Deadlift 435x3
Overhead Press 190x1
Squat 405x3

Here is where I am today:
Bench 20x1
Deadlift 20x1
Overhead Press 20x1
Squat 20x1

I am going to use this log to help keep me accountable, as well as feeding off the rest of you until I can SFW again. So for those of you that are in contact with me outside of this site, if you don't hear from me in here, call me out. Get my A$$ back in here.

I have been away for too long.
BenReilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Best of luck, what does your weekly plan look like?
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
BenReilly
Uber Brawn

BenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributorBenReilly is a consistent contributor

I had been following 5/3/1 for almost 2 years, and plan on picking it back up once I get back to normal.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I am going to use this log to help keep me accountable, as well as feeding off the rest of you until I can SFW again.
Great to have you back. We've added a ton of focused guys here and anything we can do to help, let us know. We want to see you surpass your goals.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:03 AM   #5
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

That's pretty rough If you're going to be handling relatively light weights on the comeback trail, perhaps a few weeks of Stronglifts 5x5 would work well as it would give you lots of volume and some confidence. As soon as you feel more comfortable you could jump back into 5/3/1. I am a long way from being very experienced so you'll probably ignore me

Best of luck. Injuries and surgery are bitches, hope you can fight through it.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Come back stronger man!! Great to se you back at the weights, even if you start over at 20lbs, youre still back at it.

Subbed and a speedy recovery!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #7
BenReilly
Uber Brawn

Suppose I should start up some discussion in here.

Today I trained 7 clients. Had to get subs for my 2 classes seeing as how I can barely walk let alone demonstrate any kind of exercise.

Supplements currently taking:

Opti-Men (usually take Animal Pak, but during my "off-time" decided to switch it up)
Animal Flex

The Animal products from Universal have grown on me. One of the only lines of products where I've actually noticed a difference.

Any supplement lines you guys swear by?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #8
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

just saw this, and subbed. Get well soon dude, and get back to the gym and SFW
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #9
BenReilly
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
just saw this, and subbed. Get well soon dude, and get back to the gym and SFW
The hardest part is working in a gym...I'm around it ALL FREAKING DAY...Hope to start some form of cardio next week
Old 11-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
BenReilly
Uber Brawn

Nothing to report today. Trained 8 clients. Looking forward to the weekend and a chance to actually rest like I need to.

Some big football games on Saturday. Gig 'em Aggies