Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #1331
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

very strong stuff JT

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #1332
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

JT, I love you. You work hard and analyze and get it done. But your head gets in the way! You own every weight you unrack or pull. You just don't act like it.

Analyze this. Effing get that sh** overhead or wherever you want it to go!

I mean this in a good way. If I come off badly here, it's someone else's fault clearly. Just saying, you seem to be apologizing for your good lifts and easy on yourself with your bad ones.

You have no exscuse. You are strong. Period. Prove it. Daily. Start tomorrow.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #1333
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
very strong stuff JT
Thank Al.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
JT, I love you. You work hard and analyze and get it done. But your head gets in the way! You own every weight you unrack or pull. You just don't act like it.

Analyze this. Effing get that sh** overhead or wherever you want it to go!

I mean this in a good way. If I come off badly here, it's someone else's fault clearly. Just saying, you seem to be apologizing for your good lifts and easy on yourself with your bad ones.

You have no exscuse. You are strong. Period. Prove it. Daily. Start tomorrow.
You're right, my head gets in the way overthinking and that's one of the reasons I've simplified things recently tp squat/bench/dead, make reps and add weight. I know I own every weight I unrack because I plan to and I know it's there. Not sure about the acting like I own it but I tend to avoid celebratory prose in my log, analyse and onto the next, might give that impression.

It's taken in a good way, I appreciate posts like this, a log is pointless otherwise and it made me crack a smile. One thing I'm curious about is what kind of changes you're talking about?

Deadlifts tomorrow, going to look like speed pulls just for you Mike .
Old 05-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #1334
MikeM
Max Brawn

MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Haha! Thanks for taking it the right way.

To tell you the truth, now that I look back on it, I really think I was writing that for myself more so than for you in a way. I have been feeling lately that I am not going into sessions with the right mental outlook. I need to be more sure of myself, stop doubting or fussing about this or that, quit over thinking, etc. I think as I was reading your log, some of the things you were saying struck me as things I do that I think I need to change in myself. I think I was transferring that onto you, maybe too much. My main point though was I think you don't sound confident in yourself and you should be. I could be wrong about that impression though of course. You do tend to write sort with a wry humor that I may be misinterpretting.

But that's why I like reading everyone's logs! It helps me work through my own problems.

Now let's see those speed deads! Bring forth video of the massive pulls!

Just continue to rub it in that my own deadlift sucks!! But, I'm working on it!!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #1335
JTurner
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Haha! Thanks for taking it the right way.

To tell you the truth, now that I look back on it, I really think I was writing that for myself more so than for you in a way. I have been feeling lately that I am not going into sessions with the right mental outlook. I need to be more sure of myself, stop doubting or fussing about this or that, quit over thinking, etc. I think as I was reading your log, some of the things you were saying struck me as things I do that I think I need to change in myself. I think I was transferring that onto you, maybe too much. My main point though was I think you don't sound confident in yourself and you should be. I could be wrong about that impression though of course. You do tend to write sort with a wry humor that I may be misinterpretting.

But that's why I like reading everyone's logs! It helps me work through my own problems.

Now let's see those speed deads! Bring forth video of the massive pulls!

Just continue to rub it in that my own deadlift sucks!! But, I'm working on it!!
No problem. I'm actually really confident in my lifting but for me it's all internal and I'd likely come across as arrogant if I were to write about it. You're right about the way I write things, it probably gives the wrong impression. My problem is that when I feel things starting to slow down or if I think there's a chance of form going off I'll start to back off. That's one of the reasons I was going to give a percentage based program a run with strict rep/set protocols to push myself. Not really following a percentage based program now, just set some baselines using prilepins and lowered maxes and adding weight weekly from there.

Hopefully it helped you anyway, it helped me push that little harder today. Feel free to post anything like this in my log, I like to be made to think.

No massive pulls but work nonetheless.

10/05/13 - Squat, Bench & Dead
Band hip/throacic and shoulders, OH squats

Oly Squat
110kg x 8 x 3

Still fairly easy, cardio more than anything.

2ct. Pause Bench
110kg x 1
117.5kg x 1
90kg x 3 x 6

Just what I've been needing, gives me chance to really play around at the bottom and get my positioning spot on.

Conventional w/Belt
185kg x 1
205kg x 1
170kg x 3 x 5
170kg x 5 Couple extra for Mike but cam died

Warm ups were solid, bar was leaving the ground before I pulled but the singles were off. Last few triples were spot on, tweaked a few things on my setup, rather than letting my back get out of position between the dips I kept it solid and it got my hips in a lot better position to lockout without slowing down in the last couple inches. Sadly my cam died on the last.

Feel pretty damn good at the minute even whilst dieting.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #1336
JTurner
Max Brawn

11/05/13 - Mess About

Snatch +OH Squat Reps
20kg x 5
30kg x 5
40kg x 5 x 3

1 Arm Standing DB
Strict
12kg x 10
20kg x 10
26kg x 8
30kg x 5
Push Press
34kg x 4
Mong Press
40kg x 3
40kg x 5Right/3Left

BB Curls
40kg x 8 x 2

Rear Delt/Hammers
12kg's x 15/10 x 2

Getting a lot steadier catching weight overhead and keeping it there, did drop the bar on my head on the last OH squat though.

Been meaning to do some single arm OH stuff for a while, the smallest circus DB at the events training is 53kg I think but the biggest at my gym is 40kg so need to hit some good reps with it and then give the circus DB's a try next time I have the chance. It was fun anyway.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #1337
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Solid work JT. Stay strong.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #1338
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Keep on busting your butt big guy!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #1339
MikeM
Max Brawn

Video of mong press please!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #1340
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Solid work JT. Stay strong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Keep on busting your butt big guy!
Cheers.

Quote:
Video of mong press please!
That would be a video worth seeing I'm sure, limbs flailing trying to get things overhead any which way. Will try remember to film next time.

13/05/13 - Squat, Bench & Press

Squat w/Belt
160kg x 1
150kg x 3 x 5
150kg x 5

The single almost crushed me, after the first triple I thought I'd drop back to 3 triples this week but each set was progressively better. Still a few problems with back being stiff from lower back but getting shit done anyway. Should be fun at 160kg next week.

Bench
115kg x 1
107.5kg x 3 x 5
107.5kg x 5

Same again, rough but better and better.

SLDL
140kg x 6 x 3

Dropped a set here, it would have been unproductive.

Not bad, calories were low yesterday and no chance to catch up this morning with travelling. Weight is down some so its not surprising that numbers are taking a hit, will plough through and see what happens.

Last set vids, squats much faster than they felt.