Old 01-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #1171
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
JT your a beast keep it up mate
Far from it but much appreciated Rob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Great work JT!
Thanks Elite.

28/01/13 - Squat & Bench

Front Squat
80kg x 8 @7
90kg x 8 @7
97.5kg x 8 @8 PB I suppose
97.5kg x 8 @8
97.5kg x 8 @8.5

CG Bench
95kg x 6 @7
105kg x 6 @8
107.5kg x 6 @8
110kg x 6 @9 PB +7.5kg from last week
102.5kg x 6 @9.5

Ham Curl
65 x 20,20,13

Good to finally get back in.

Bench is rolling along, happy with that. By the time I trade all the reps to peak I'll be close to 300lb maybe more depending on when.

Lower back is in a bit of a funk so not sure about back squats or deads this week.

Spent the last few weeks stress eating so time to get that under control, my belly is growing a little too much for my liking.
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1172
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Bench is rolling along, happy with that. By the time I trade all the reps to peak I'll be close to 300lb maybe more depending on when.
Excellent JT. All that hard work is paying off.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #1173
JTurner
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellent JT. All that hard work is paying off.
Extra arm work, more overhead and added volume is doing the trick nicely.

29/01/13 - Back & Abs

Pull-Ups
BW x 7,6,5

Inverted Rows/Hanging Leg Raises
BW x 10/15, 10/12, 10/12

BB Shrugs
70kg x 10
120kg x 10
140kg x 10

55inch Ab Wheel
BW x 8,8,5
Stopped touching the wall, stopping just short, it's horrible.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #1174
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post

55inch Ab Wheel
BW x 8,8,5
Stopped touching the wall, stopping just short, it's horrible.
I'm editing an article on this movement, specifically regarding serratus strength. I need to get back to doing these.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #1175
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
I'm editing an article on this movement, specifically regarding serratus strength. I need to get back to doing these.
That's quite interesting, I was thinking of working around the serratus to help avoid rib problems again.

30/01/13 - Press & Squat

Military
50kg x 8 @7
55kg x 8 @7.5
57.5kg x 8 @8
57.5kg x 8 @9.5

Squat w/Belt
130kg x 6 @7
145kg x 6 @8.5
140kg x 6 @9

Hammers
10kg's x 20,20,16

Pretty shit. I need to decide on a goal or at least decide whether my dislike of a belly and tits is great enough for me to sideline stength goals slightly.

I've lost all my bloat in the last few days and was planning Anabolic Solution style 5 day keto, 1-2 day refeed. I had no endurance today, not sure whether to stick it out until I adjust or add milk and dextrose in nightly to keep some bloat but avoid eating too much crap.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #1176
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
That's quite interesting, I was thinking of working around the serratus to help avoid rib problems again.

30/01/13 - Press & Squat

Military
50kg x 8 @7
55kg x 8 @7.5
57.5kg x 8 @8
57.5kg x 8 @9.5

Squat w/Belt
130kg x 6 @7
145kg x 6 @8.5
140kg x 6 @9

Hammers
10kg's x 20,20,16

Pretty shit. I need to decide on a goal or at least decide whether my dislike of a belly and tits is great enough for me to sideline stength goals slightly.

I've lost all my bloat in the last few days and was planning Anabolic Solution style 5 day keto, 1-2 day refeed. I had no endurance today, not sure whether to stick it out until I adjust or add milk and dextrose in nightly to keep some bloat but avoid eating too much crap.
I don't know much about the serratus, but here is the article for what it's worth:

You Have Six Pack Abs, But How About A Serious Serratus? | Muscle & Strength

If that fat is bothering you, do some powerbuilding training for 6 months.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #1177
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
I don't know much about the serratus, but here is the article for what it's worth:

You Have Six Pack Abs, But How About A Serious Serratus? | Muscle & Strength

If that fat is bothering you, do some powerbuilding training for 6 months.
Ye I don't know a great deal about it, just that it's in the general area of where I injured. Reading that it seems strengthening it should help some as it's overhead stuff with the rib cage really open that was really killing it. Thanks for posting.

I'm in two minds but that would be the sensible option if I were to cut. I have no idea, need to think on it some more. I don't think I want it enough to sacrifice strength right now but I should set a top BW limit. Maybe keep on up to 110kg slow and steady. It's this last month of eating junk which led to a lot more fat gain that's triggered this. I realise this paragraph is making no sense, this is the contents of my brain spilling out. Still no closer.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #1178
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Ye I don't know a great deal about it, just that it's in the general area of where I injured. Reading that it seems strengthening it should help some as it's overhead stuff with the rib cage really open that was really killing it. Thanks for posting.

I'm in two minds but that would be the sensible option if I were to cut. I have no idea, need to think on it some more. I don't think I want it enough to sacrifice strength right now but I should set a top BW limit. Maybe keep on up to 110kg slow and steady. It's this last month of eating junk which led to a lot more fat gain that's triggered this. I realise this paragraph is making no sense, this is the contents of my brain spilling out. Still no closer.
Well I know the struggle. Strength is addicting. Weight can make it easier, but once you have the weight you're trapped in some ways.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #1179
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
Well I know the struggle. Strength is addicting. Weight can make it easier, but once you have the weight you're trapped in some ways.
That's what I'm trying to avoid, not there yet but still undecided on the way forward.

31/01/13 - Dead & Press

SLDL
120kg x 8 @7
130kg x 8 @8
130kg x 8 @8

BTNPP
50kg x 6 @7
60kg x 6 @8
67.5kg x 6 @8.5
62.5kg x 6 @8
62.5kg x 6 @8
62.5kg x 6 @8
62.5kg x 6 @8.5

Leg Ext.
65 x 20,20,20

Not bad, planned RDL's but no racks so thought I'd give SLDL's a try. I always thought they were more stressful on the lower back but they were fine. Called it pre-fatigue, didn't want to push lower today.

If I could only do one thing in the gym, right now it would be BTNPP's.

Did some squats in wrestling boots, I think I still prefer those to the oly shoes but I'll give it some more time.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #1180
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Still getting it done I see. I faced a similar issue to you and decided to cut down from 94-95kg where I was quite fat to 82-83kg where I look a helluva lot better and have a far greater gas tank. My strength did go in the shitter eventually but I was perhaps too aggressive at certain times in the cut though it was fairly slow. Perhaps you could look at waist size and body fat % as much as the scale and consider what your maximum allowed limits are for these.

If it's just a case of junk food causing much of the damage, maybe just cutting it could keep you at least where you are if not drop a couple of kilos. From my experience, squat and bench were the first to go south while deadlift and overhead press stayed reasonably strong until near the end. Anyways, just spinning my wheels

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote