Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #641
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Like the look of the RPE system. Might use it to help monitor my singles work.

Keep hard at it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #642
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Great lifting J, everything is looking great! Good luck with your finals, just finished mine last Tuesday.

Also that is really great deadlifting form, wish I had that kind of form!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 AM   #643
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Like the look of the RPE system. Might use it to help monitor my singles work.

Keep hard at it.
Its a good idea, even without auto-regulation, being able to see that a single today was a lot less strain than last week is a good sign of progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Great lifting J, everything is looking great! Good luck with your finals, just finished mine last Tuesday.

Also that is really great deadlifting form, wish I had that kind of form!
Thanks mab, last one tomorrow . Thanks, I'll trade you some weight?
Old 05-31-2012, 12:37 AM   #644
JTurner
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Shoulder has been a little funky since squats, knots have flared up in the upper back and lat, will see how bench feels and call it either way. As long as I stay tucked it should be fine, also using slingshot for the heavy stuff so fingers crossed.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:01 AM   #645
JTurner
Max Brawn

31/05/12 - Bench II

Bench
40kg x 5, 60kg x 4, 80kg x 1 @7.5
+RSling
100kg x 2 @8, 110kg x 1 @8, 120kg x 1 @8.5

122.5kg x 1 x 4 @9, @9, @9, @9.5
125kg x 1 @9.5

CGBP
80kg x 5 x 5 @8, @8, @8, @8.5, @9

DB Rows
50kg x 10 x 3 @9, @9.5, @10

Rear Laterals/DB Curls
8kg's/12kg's x 10/10, 10/10, 10/6

Stretch & Roll

Nice session today, first time using the sling fresh. Today is more overload and tricep focused. All the singles felt relatively easy, 125 was best of the day, really smooth and form looks spot on. Leg drive and tightness was spot on today.

Shoulder is still a little funky, but nothing serious, constant light soft tissue work keeps it eased. May have been from squats but I remembered this morning that I had an upper back tweak last bench session.

Been reviewing a lot of my bench videos and thinking about how I bench and think I solved a problem today. When I "bend the bar" I've always tried to force it from the elbows and I can see on a lot of my benches my elbows are over tucked and the first movement out of the hole is my elbows coming back underneath the bar and the bar floating backwards. Today I focused on bending the bar with my hands and letting the elbows tuck more naturally. Might sound over-analysed or petty but I feel it made a big difference today.

Kept the close grips light with short rests, was already pretty fatigued. Rows killed me so dropped some sets, will drop the weight back a little.

All in all a good days work. Time to get my ass in gear for the last exam tomorrow .

Old 05-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #646
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Been reviewing a lot of my bench videos and thinking about how I bench and think I solved a problem today. When I "bend the bar" I've always tried to force it from the elbows and I can see on a lot of my benches my elbows are over tucked and the first movement out of the hole is my elbows coming back underneath the bar and the bar floating backwards. Today I focused on bending the bar with my hands and letting the elbows tuck more naturally. Might sound over-analysed or petty but I feel it made a big difference today.
Good observation J, I agree with that. Elbows can easily be over-tucked for a raw bench especially with those with long(er) limbs.

It's just a matter of making sure you keep your line as you Bench, elbows a little less tucked means the bar touches the chest higher up and too far up can cause issues.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:25 AM   #647
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Good observation J, I agree with that. Elbows can easily be over-tucked for a raw bench especially with those with long(er) limbs.

It's just a matter of making sure you keep your line as you Bench, elbows a little less tucked means the bar touches the chest higher up and too far up can cause issues.
Its good to know I'm not just clutching at straws . Not entirely sure what I'd class my arm length as, maybe on the longer side but that's only a guess.

I'll see how it feels with the raw stuff next week as the sling has a big effect on the tuck to start with anyway.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #648
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Looking good JT, 125kg was nice and smooth

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:57 PM   #649
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Good work J. Looked like your groove was improving through the sets.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #650
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good work JT
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote