Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #391
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How far is it? Close in the states is often far in the UK.
That's true. It would be a 5-6 hour drive each way depending on traffic.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #392
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
That's true. It would be a 5-6 hour drive each way depending on traffic.
Yeah that is a haul.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #393
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Just saw your bench, great session J looked really good.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:57 AM   #394
JTurner
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yeah that is a haul.
We'll see

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Just saw your bench, great session J looked really good.
Thanks mab, all the benching is certainly honing in my form.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:01 AM   #395
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Thanks mab, all the benching is certainly honing in my form.
It's always an interesting process to set someone off and see how they cope with the demands. What I hope happens is that with some guidance people will reflect on their own training practices and use that to better their form, speed and efficiency.

Good work.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:13 AM   #396
JTurner
Max Brawn

24/03/12 - Bench 10x3/Shrugs 5x10

Bench
40kg x 6
60kg x 6
70kg x 4

90kg x 3 x 10 (got to be some kind of PB)

Shrugs
90kg x 10 x 5

Home for easter and finally upgraded to an olympic bar in the garage. Had the rack a while, I'd like some nice heavy duty squat stands but they don't come cheap. I'm looking to modify the rack a little to make it more robust, just need to figure the best way.

Lower back didn't enjoy the warm-ups but it got there eventually. Really happy with form today, feet slightly wider going for 45degreeish foot angle really lets me drive the feet right up to the bar. No real struggles, even paused the last rep of the session. Also, filling the belly makes all the difference.

Video for first 6 sets, may want to MUTE and I'm blaming LtL for the belly shot .
Old 03-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #397
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I would think we're getting there. This was your last session prior to starting this routine:

Quote:
09/03/12 - Bench 3x3

Bench
95kg x 3
Considering accumulated fatigue and sheer number of sets/reps I'd say that's not bad BUT we still have work to do. So power through this last week and we'll talk about a slight deload/test and then what we'll do next.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:19 AM   #398
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Form looks good. I like how you seem to be pinching those shoulder blades tight and keeping them there. Really work on holding that air in your belly on the way down or alternatively just get fat like me

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 AM   #399
JTurner
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
It's always an interesting process to set someone off and see how they cope with the demands. What I hope happens is that with some guidance people will reflect on their own training practices and use that to better their form, speed and efficiency.

Good work.
Thanks Faz, I think the program so far has made a big difference to my bench. One thing that the last couple of weeks has made me think about is my program as a whole. I'm starting to think that just ploughing through 5/3/1 maybe isn't the best way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I would think we're getting there. This was your last session prior to starting this routine:

Considering accumulated fatigue and sheer number of sets/reps I'd say that's not bad BUT we still have work to do. So power through this last week and we'll talk about a slight deload/test and then what we'll do next.
Looking back at that, it was a struggle just to get that triple, I didn't want to bench again. I thought by now I would be dreading the 95kgx3x10 next week but I can't wait. I'll let you know now, the week after next week I'll be away Tue-Fri but I should be good to get a session in on Tue morn and Fri eve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Form looks good. I like how you seem to be pinching those shoulder blades tight and keeping them there. Really work on holding that air in your belly on the way down or alternatively just get fat like me

LtL
Thanks LtL, nailing soft tissue work on my upperback the last few months has made a big difference with keeping tight and not slipping out. I can do fat, but I'll try holding my air too.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #400
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I'm just pleased that your video backs up my theory that my belly pokes out because of my arch and not because I'm fat

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote