Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 AM   #1021
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Sumo wasn't too bad. Hips looked to be a little low. I hesitate to comment too much, not being a sumo expert, but I could see your hips jumping before the bar traveled much.

Conventionals looked great.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 09:06 AM   #1022
JTurner
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sumo wasn't too bad. Hips looked to be a little low. I hesitate to comment too much, not being a sumo expert, but I could see your hips jumping before the bar traveled much.

Conventionals looked great.
Thanks BtB, not really a clue about the starting position for sumos, will keep experimenting though. Just struggle to find the sweet spot for breaking off the floor like I do with conv.

29/10/12 - Light Meet

Squat
160kg x 1 @8
180kg x 1 @9

Bench
110kg x 1 @8
120kg x 1 @9

Deadlift
200kg x 1 @9

No volume and nothing to really induce stress.

Nothing felt too good, I'll put it down to 3 weeks of half-assed lower body training and the fact that I drank on Saturday which I haven't done in a while, certainly not to that messy extent.
Old 10-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #1023
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Still putting up decent #s. Go to work buddy!!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #1024
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Solid numbers for an easy day.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #1025
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post

Nothing felt too good, I'll put it down to 3 weeks of half-assed lower body training and the fact that I drank on Saturday which I haven't done in a while, certainly not to that messy extent.
Bounce back strong.

Old 10-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #1026
JTurner
Max Brawn

JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Still putting up decent #s. Go to work buddy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Solid numbers for an easy day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Bounce back strong.
Cheers, they're about my any given day numbers so I'm happy with those.

31/10/12 - Light Bench & Squat

Paused Bench
105kg x 3 @8

Squat
150kg x 3 @8.5

And that was it.

Bench was fast, expected the top set to be a little harder so added extra long pauses on rep 2 and 3.

Squats feel off, think I'm pushing my feet out a little wide, too used to setting them up a certain distance in from my home rack. Hips are all bruised up from the belt too, not finding a sweet spot at all.

Tempted to book in at the physio for a massage to see if they can do a better job of getting all the junk out of my shoulder too.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #1027
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Bench was fast, expected the top set to be a little harder so added extra long pauses on rep 2 and 3.
Excellente.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM   #1028
JTurner
Max Brawn

02/11/12

Squat
180kg x 1
195kg x F

Got fed up and left. First gym squat fail, only ever failed one squat and that was my first meet lift. Skipped bench and deads after that.

Stupid decision really, instead of changing my plan after having to take a few weeks out I stubbornly jumped back in and didn't adjust anything. The 180 felt solid and smooth but no need to take the jump to 195, just had numbers in my head that I wanted to hit. Lesson learned, until next time.

Back to it on Monday.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #1029
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

We all do it. I failed my first squat rep last month. I overshot things too. Only a minor setback.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:57 AM   #1030
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

As you know, even the difference in 5kg can feel like a mountain on any given day. Being able to hit 500kg for a total at any time is a good place to be. Doubtless you will be able to do the same at 600kg not too far into the future.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote