Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor
Default The Revival of the Shadows

Said some soft sissy shit earlier, about considering not lifting weights seriously anymore. Yeah, with me that was never gonna happen. Just been a bit lost as of late, not really sure wtf my problem has been, and I apologize for my absence. Though I've been in a down-spell recently with injuries, home buying and pure laziness; I'm back, for good - injury free or not. We'll figure something out one way or another.

The wife wants it, I want it and so the show goes on... I can assure you, the Shadows are back, and will be training regularly from here out. And as of now, yes, there are squats on my behalf. Assuming my 70 year old hip doesn't wanna start shit with me...

Shadow

Squat
BWx3x5
95x5x5

Bench
115x3x5
135x5x5

Pendlay Rows
95x5x5

Elliptical
5 min to loosen up after training.

Mrs. Shadow

Side Lateral Raises
8x3x8

DB Curls
12x3x8

Squat
45x3x5

Sit Ups
12x3x15

Back Ext.
10x3x10

Elliptical
15 Minutes

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 10-31-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 07:48 PM   #2
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

For those of you who don't know me; my name is Alex, I'm 22, I'm 6'2 and as of this moment I'm 240-245. I train with my wife, who is 23 at 5'6 and 125lbs. Sometimes she listens, sometimes she doesn't, but she has a knack for making some PRs. And last but not least, I'm a hard-ass, as most of you already know.

My most recent lifts as of the past year is as followed:
Squat - 300
Bench - 300
Deadlift - 315x3x5
Strict Press - 185

As my title says, I'm chronically injured, hence the sissy squat and deadlift numbers. My bench has seen far better days, but that was years ago and we must not dwell on what we can no longer do.

I might have to reference my other log to find out the wifey's maxes... Shh... Don't tell her that.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #3
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
... Shh... Don't tell her that.
your secret is safe with us...

...NOW GO GET IN THE GYM!!! (just a motivational reminder)
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:22 AM   #4
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Looking forward to you getting your numbers back up.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:05 AM   #5
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Looking forward to you getting your numbers back up.

LtL
Me too. Squats are my favorite exercise, but my right hip joint is a communist - determined to **** everything up. We'll have to see how this is going to play out. I had a little discomfort doing squats, but it really kicked in on bench. When I lifted my heels up on bench and kept my ball of my foot down that seemed to relieve some pain.

Everything else was solid last night. Even though the weight was really light, my form on all other lifts couldn't have been better.

I've decided to make Rows my new favorite lift. I really want to see that particular lift grow, possibly match or exceed my bench. So there will lots of PRs to come with that movement. 95lbs is extremely easy for me, and I'm just holding back on it for now until I get back into the swing of things. I plan on being rather conservative for now, so all lifts can grow together.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Subbed, and SFW!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Let's get after it, Shadow!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #8
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Will do. I think due to the house we're going to run a 1 day on 2 day off schedule. That may or may not change. Typically I run 3 set days a week, but that's impractical this week because I'm closing tomorrow on the house, which by older scheduling would be training day. Plus being that I'm a spring chicken ATM, I could probably benefit from 2 days off. Recovery ain't so swell. That will change...

Thanks MC and Swede. The wife has laid out her goals and its time to get to work. This may become a diet log for her and I both. That would be one hell of a log.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 11-01-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
The wife wants it, I want it and so the show goes on...
Make hay while the sun still shines...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:47 AM   #10
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

You lost me...