Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #11
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

GL Mike!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 AM   #12
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Subbed!! Cant wait to see you smash this!!

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #13
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks fellows! Oh, and lady! I'll do my best.

First, I am going cut back a bit on that original plan. It was too ambitious and I didn't realize at first how much I need to adapt to this new type of routine.

So, for now, I'm cutting it down to the basics, and we'll build from there.

Monday - Bench and Rows
Tuesday - Squat, leg press, and core
Thursday - OHP and Chinups/lats
Friday - Cleans, deadlift, and core

Once I get the hang of that, I'll add in some options as necessary.

Tuesday, week 1

Squat:
10x bar, 95
8x 135
5x 175, 185
2x 205, 225
5x 1x 250
5x 5x 185

Leg Press: 5x 5x 10 plates

Kneeling Cable Chops: 5x 12x setting 5

Squats went well. Still jiggering the warmup weights. That first rep of 250 felt harder than it should have, but rest went very well. The back off with 185was fairly easy, but I'll stay at that weight for now.

The leg press is new to me and I have a concern that when I bring my knees to my chest, my butt and lower back pull up off the seat a bit. Is that normal? It doesn't hurt or anything, but was just wondering.

Now, the Chops were interesting. I usually use a higher setting, but I dropped that right on down after the first rep! Apparently doing these after squats gives one a whole new appreciation of them! I still got something funky going on in my ribs from doing them.

I thought I was taking video of the squats, but when I checked the camera afterward, there was nothing on there. I hate technology, but I'll get it figured out.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM   #14
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Monday - Bench and Rows
Tuesday - Squat, leg press, and core
Thursday - OHP and Chinups/lats
Friday - Cleans, deadlift, and core
Sounds good to me. Nice session Mike.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:11 PM   #15
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Good looking work Mike and smart move on the cut back. Always easier to build on a stronger foundation...
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Looking good! I too was surprised at how much this routine took it out of me.

With leg press, how high are your feet placed?

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I thought I was taking video of the squats, but when I checked the camera afterward, there was nothing on there. I hate technology, but I'll get it figured out.
I have done that one too many times myself. Nice squat session Mike.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #18
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Good looking work Mike and smart move on the cut back. Always easier to build on a stronger foundation...
Oh, I like this! It sounds much better than I cut volume because I spent most of Tuesday with arms that felt like they'd hit by someone swinging a bag of rocks. Thanks!

Spart, I place my feet towards the bottom and turned exactly like I was doing a squat. However, I just realized I did them in my lifting shoes, so with the raised heel, that might cause some mischief. I'll try them Monday with normal shoes on.

Thanks, BtB

Now, I have to catch up as this week was a little crazy too.

Thursday, week 1

Warmup - OH DB punches, lots with 20DB in addition to the usual

Push Press:
10x bar, 65
5x 95
4x 115
2x 125
5x 1x 145 (easy, plus 5 next week)
5x 5x 110

Chinup/Lat Pull Combo 5x 12 (AMAP Chinups then get to 12 with Lat Pulls)
7 Chins/ 5 Lat pulls w/ 130
6/6
5/7
4/8
0/12 (dropped Lat to 115)

Funny, this has my absolute hardest exercise for me (chinups), and I totally maxed them out, but overall this workout is the easiest of the week. Funny.

And today, Friday week 1

Power Cleans:
10x bar, 65
6x 95
2x 115
2x 125
5x 1x 150* (staying at this weight untill all are perfect)

Deadlift:
10x 135
5x 185
2x 205, 225
2x 5x 250
3x 250*

RDL: 3x 3x 135 (full stretch,all the way to the floor almost with straight legs)

5x 12x BW+25 Incline Situps

*I felt a stab in my hip joint, right in the socket itself, on a heavy clean that I didn't hit very well. It went away, but started coming back more and more as the deadlifts went on. I don't think it's anything serious, but I figured better safe than sorry, so I cut them short. I was hoping the light RDLs might make things feel better, but not really.

I figured out how to get the videos out of my camera and into a file on my computer. Yay!

So, now I need to create a youtube acct and upload them there? Then link it to here? I'll work on that over the weekend and next week I'll have video of all my lifts hopefully.

Anyway, I like this routine so far.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:29 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I figured out how to get the videos out of my camera and into a file on my computer. Yay!

So, now I need to create a youtube acct and upload them there? Then link it to here? I'll work on that over the weekend and next week I'll have video of all my lifts hopefully.
Yes sir. Upload. Send me a PM if you need any help.

How did your lower back hold up doing cleans first?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Nice work on the cleaning. Cleans are super-awesome lifts, they sure will wake you up nicely for the lifts that follow. I find I can deadlift more after doing the cleans. Put those two together, and you have a winning back combo.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote