Old 10-29-2011, 06:30 PM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That speech motivates me every time.

A big congrats on the bench PR.

Quote:
Numbers wise. I will be following these guidelines:

Protein intake will be spread evenly throughout the day throughout the entire diet (all meals)
35% of carbohydrate intake will be focused on the pre-workout meal ( meal 1)
65% of carbohydrate intake will be spread evenly throughout the rest the morning
Eat a solid meal with low GI carbs within 30 minutes of training
Re-feeds one or two times per week (your choice depending upon how close to your goal you are) on workout days.

Protein - approximately 215g
Carbs - approximately 150g
Fats - approximately 85g

This breaks down to about P 40% F 35% C 25%
Looks good to me Bam. As I tell my wife, my main priority is to avoid processed foods and eat as close to nature as possible. I don't think you can go wrong with that list, even if you are a higher carb diet.

I admire your dedication to health and nutrition.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That speech motivates me every time.

A big congrats on the bench PR.
Thanks Steve, almost ironic that I hate them so much and they seem to bother me as they do. Deload next week and then I will be moving back to floor presses for next cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB
Looks good to me Bam. As I tell my wife, my main priority is to avoid processed foods and eat as close to nature as possible. I don't think you can go wrong with that list, even if you are a higher carb diet.

I admire your dedication to health and nutrition.
I confess I had two Chips Ahoy Fudge cookies this week. I have noticed that I just don't have that much of a taste for processed stuff any more. My latest blood work proves to me that I a heading in the right direction food wise.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #23
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 10/31/11 Dog House Training 5//3/1 Cycle 1 week 4

Deload
Time to pull out and dust off the

Military Press
10 x 45
5 x 50
5 x 55
5 x 70
5 x 80

DB Neutral Grip OHP
4 x 8 x 20

Side/Rear Laterals
4 x 5 x 10

Hammer Curls
4 x 5 x 20

Spider Curls
4 x 5 x 25 PWO

Nothing to note, it is a deload.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #24
kitarpyar
Max Brawn

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Deload's the hardest

Seriously. Sometimes its hard to stop yourself going full blast when you know you can.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #25
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Deload's the hardest

Seriously. Sometimes its hard to stop yourself going full blast when you know you can.
Today was controlled boredom.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 AM   #26
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 11/2/11 Dog House Training - 5/3/1 Deload day 2

Deads Deload

Deads
5 x 100
5 x 120
5 x 140

Yates rows
4 x 10 x 95

Lat Pulldowns
4 x 10 x 50

Good Mornings
4 x 10 x Bar only

NOTES
Nothing to note.

Question for those who my drop by and read this question. I have been playing with the 5/3/1 plan a bit. My initial plan took my goal weights and broke them down as per the 5/3/1 protocols to lead me to those numbers over the course of the year. Yesterday and took my current 1rm, after cycle 1 and refigured numbers based on those. The new figures produce a plan that hits my 2011-12 goals in 6 months verses 12 months, they just take a little more aggressive approach on the front end. Okay, here is the question. Would it be wiser to take the slower approach, working toward them over the course of the year or the more aggressive approach of seeking to hit the goals within 6 months? As I see it, both approaches have their pros and cons, I am just curious wiser minds have to say.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 11-04-2011, 08:17 AM   #27
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default Measurements Day

Weight 190.2 lbs

Pinches:
Chest :12mm
Ab: 19 mm
Thigh: 15mm

Measurements:
Calf - 15"
Thigh - 24.5"
Waist - 35
Chest - 39
Forearm - 11.5
Bicep - 14.5 - cold flexed
Neck - 15.25

I am wrestling a bit with these numbers. I have increased my calories over the last week by an average of 200 calories. Pinches are actually pretty close to my last measurement, up slightly. I do not want them to get any higher as when the visceral fat goes up, my blood work numbers start heading in the wrong direction. It puts me in a difficult spot. After a 4 year journey, I have finally gotten ALL my numbers into the normal range. I want to add mass, but if I add too much fat in the process my liver enzymes and cholesterol head in the wrong direction. That said, I am going to try cycling my calories. I have been up this week, I am going to drop them back down next week. I have mentioned that I am extremely carb sensitive, so I am curious how much of the 3lb gain is water.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 11-04-2011, 08:25 AM   #28
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

With the numbers that you're looking at, I think the aggressive approach could work nicely.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #29
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Default 11/4/11 Dog House Training 5/3/1 Deload Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
With the numbers that you're looking at, I think the aggressive approach could work nicely.

LtL
Thanks LtL, see below.

Squats and Bench

Squats
5 x 45 wu
5 x 65 wu
5 x 80
5 x 90
5 x 115

Floor Press- Absolutely no shoulder pain... woohoo!
5 x 65
5 x 75
5 x 90

Leaning Leg Extensions
3 x 10 x 70

LS Tricep Pushdowns
3 x 10 x 40

Hanging Knee Raises
3 x 10 x BW

NOTES
I combined my Leg and Bench day, as this will be the first Saturday since school started that there is not some sort of band function. I hope to get some things done around the house. Today was my final deload day, not much to note. I did substitute Floor Presses for Flat Bench. These felt much better on my shoulders.

Monday I will start Cycle 2 of 5/3/1. I have decided to go the more aggressive route.

The maxes that I am starting with this cycle are:
Squats: 246.7
Deadlifts: 350
Bench Press: 163.3
OHP: 156

I will be using the Periodization Bible Protocol approach for the assistance work. I tried both PBP and Wendler's BB approach and feel PBP will help me reach my goals better.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 11-05-2011, 09:40 AM   #30
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Outline for my next 5/3/1 Cycle

Monday

OHP 5/3/1
DB Military or Arnolds
Chins
Skulls to CGBP

Wednesday
Deadlift 5/3/1
GHR
Hack squats
Wood Choppers

Friday
Bench/Floor Press 5/3/1
Pushups
Bent Rows or V-bar Rows
LS Pushdowns

Saturday
Squats
Good Morning or Reverse Hyper (will go by feel of back)
Lunges
Hanging Knees

All assistance exercises are meant to be just that, assistance. I will be shooting for 10-20 reps for 3-5 sets. Time and recovery will determine 3 or 5 sets.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Last edited by bamazav; 11-05-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: forgot trianing days