Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #281
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
4077.85 calories on training days.

I am not sure I ate that much at my fattest.
If I ate that now I would be 400 pounds in a couple years.

I have Scrawny to Brawny but haven't got around to reading it yet.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #282
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Good stuff Bam!

Uh, I would not credit that calorie calculator much. Sure 4K calories are wonderful if you are young, but you and I are not! I find that 2500 cal or above, I gain weight no matter how hard I work. On 2500+ a day, I could run a freakin marathon and probably gain a pound for goodness sake!

I realize you want to add lean mass, etc. but I'm saying extra calories for us "more mature gentlemen" is maybe not so good even if it is ultra pure or whatever.

Just my .02! Milage may vary as BtB says.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #283
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Good stuff Bam!

Uh, I would not credit that calorie calculator much. Sure 4K calories are wonderful if you are young, but you and I are not! I find that 2500 cal or above, I gain weight no matter how hard I work. On 2500+ a day, I could run a freakin marathon and probably gain a pound for goodness sake!

I realize you want to add lean mass, etc. but I'm saying extra calories for us "more mature gentlemen" is maybe not so good even if it is ultra pure or whatever.

Just my .02! Milage may vary as BtB says.
No calculator, pure math based on formulas for each step. That said, I am about in the same spot as you in real life. The paper numbers just give me a goal to shoot for. I am starting from 2000 calories and going to increase by 200 every couple weeks. I will use pinches rather than the scale for measurements as I extremely carb sensitive and my scale weight can fluctuate 2-3 lbs depending on my carb intake. I am guesstimating that to add mass, I need to be eating about 3000 on average, but will take my time to find out.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #284
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Good lifting Bam, you are progressing well. You are hitting some good rep numbers.

Diet is a funny thing. The last cut I did was on 3,500 calories, but it was full of turkey, oats and green veggies. I dropped 25 lbs on that. It would probably be up to 4,500 calories if I was trying to bulk on that kind of food.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #285
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
On 2500+ a day, I could run a freakin marathon and probably gain a pound for goodness sake!
That's the way my metabolism is right now.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #286
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Good lifting Bam, you are progressing well. You are hitting some good rep numbers.

Diet is a funny thing. The last cut I did was on 3,500 calories, but it was full of turkey, oats and green veggies. I dropped 25 lbs on that. It would probably be up to 4,500 calories if I was trying to bulk on that kind of food.
That is one of the reasons I was working with Berardi's formulas. He emphasizes lean protein, complex carbs and lots of greens. Basic stuff but simply put. I often wonder if eating "clean foods" you can increase your calorie count upward a bit when gaining. If I eat simple carbs, I can eat less than 2500 and gain weight. You are right, it is a funny thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's the way my metabolism is right now.
I am taking DAA right now, I am always hungry, but it stokes my metabolism.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #287
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
I hope the coffee was the best part. Happy birthday.
Thanks Steve. Coffe was good, bday was alright.

Ive been sick so no activity other than walking.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #288
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

5/3/1 Cycle 4 Week 2 Squats

Warm up:
5 minutes moderate speed on bike
warm up squats
5 x 95
5 x 120
3 x 145

Working Sets

NOTES
Been a crazy few days. Youngest has a wreck in New Orleans last night, so I have been dealing with car stuff long distance. Everyone is fine, hoping car will be drivable so they can get home.

Squats - These felt good. I felt one or two more reps in me, but form broke on last rep. Back is too valuable, so I racked it. Calculated 1rm is at all time high
Leg Curls - added 10 lbs to these and got all ten. Will go up again next week.
Front Squats - Goal was to add at least one rep on each set. My legs were worn out, going down was easy, the start back up was a challenge. These were deep, ham to calf.
Leg Extensions - +5 lbs, will add another 5 next week
Standing Calf Raises - I have been having some weird toe tingling/ pain last week or so. These caused it to shoot through the toes.

Overall, well pleased. Squats are moving forward. Goal was to get stronger, that is happening.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375

Old 01-09-2012, 04:23 PM   #289
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post

I am taking DAA right now, I am always hungry, but it stokes my metabolism.
That's interesting. I don't heat too much about that supplement. How much, and when are you taking it?

Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #290
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Quote:
That's interesting. I don't heat too much about that supplement. How much, and when are you taking it?
I am taking a touch over 3g each morning first thing along with some Vitamin D3. This is my second go around. First time, BF dropped amazingly (went from near 15% to just under 12% according to caliper pinches), slept sounder, libido up and strength is up. Had test checked in November, after 45 days on DAA. My last test, over a year before had me in low ranges. This test had me back into the normal range, while low normal, it was a definite increase. Now that I have that test as a baseline, I hope to get tested again after I finish this 45 day cycle.

So far no noticeable estrogen problems. I am already taking 1000 mg of Saw Palmetto and have added some Resveratrol, both natural anti-estrogens. So far so good. I haven't really spoken of this as I have been using myself as a guinea pig and didn't want to have to deal with all of the anti-booster folks.

Squat 308 315
Deadlift 408 375