Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

To my friend Wes, your morning read:

Wes's new Motto:

"Pain and Stress are just a test,
to sort the champions from the rest!"

This motto is true in our fitness quest and it is true in life. Most people never become successful because they give up when the going gets tough.

The champions on the other hand move up a gear and drive their way through those tough times and come out the other end as winners enjoying the fruit of their victory.

Are there some practical steps you can take that will help you through the hardships and obtain a crack of sunshine?

Yes there are.

First of all, ask yourself if there is anything that you are doing, or failing to do, that is causing some hardships or perhaps unnecessarily increasing the hardship.

Examine your thoughts, habits, actions, decisions and choices, to see if you can improve on any, or all, of them in such a way as to help your situation.

If there is anything that you can do improve your situation then do it.

If you analyze your thoughts, habits, actions, decisions and choices and decide that you are on the right track then the difficulties that you are facing could be just a matter of chance.

If you intelligently apply massive, goal directed action, assess the result, decide on the next action needed, and then massively apply that action you will win.

You will get to enjoy the fruits of your hard work. But by far the greatest win you will have is the strength of character that you develop while lesser persons are giving up.

Wes, this is you, my friend.

A heavy load needs a strong back.

So when your burdens start to feel heavy it is up to you to:

1. Increase your own strength.
2. Increase your strength of action.
3. Increase your strength of will.
4. Increase the strength and quality of your knowledge and delegation and determination.

It is that fighting spirit that will strengthen your character.

My suggestion to you, is to not feed of the negativity of the situation. Instead use it to INSPIRE YOU. That's right, you read that correct. The best thing you can do, is to use this situation to INPSIRE YOU and thus INSPIRE the DESIRE in yourself. If you want to tap into the full potential of the power of thought then you need to develop an inspiring purpose!

An inspired and purposed focused body invigorates the soul and mind in dealing with and overcoming physical and environmental complications.

Just as weight training can strengthen our muscles, purpose can strengthen your mind and spirit, and your YOU will thrive.

If this turns into a medical condition inspire him as he grows to live a full life. If doesnt, keep the torch burning. Either way you can't lose with what you have.

Accept and deliver to yourself.

GD morning Wes.

Empower your superpower: YOU.

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #202
wesrman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41 Points: 4,311, Level: 41
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Fav Exercise: Chin Ups
wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post
How do you feel today?

Wes's Masterpiece: (version 2) (by Chillen)

When you asked to be in our journal you had watery EYES;
We CRIED and the tears DRIED;

Wide EYED you turned to PRIDE as your GUIDE;
You will not be DENIED and this will never SUBSIDE to create beauty on the INSIDE;

With PRIDE by your SIDE and Beauty on the INSIDE; these COLLIDE to create a masterpiece on the OUTSIDE.

You got that?
Haha nice! Thanks Chillen and good morning to you too my friend.

Ya im feeling a lot better today. Still not sure what caused it tho so im scared to eat certain things lol.

Last edited by wesrman; 12-11-2011 at 12:44 PM.
wesrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #203
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillen View Post

Wes's new Motto:

"Pain and Stress are just a test,
to sort the champions from the rest!"

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:33 AM   #204
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 12/12/10 Dog House Training, the Abbreviated Version

5/3/1 Cycle 3 Week 2 - 3's

Squats
95 x 5 wu
115 x 5 wo
135 x 3 wu
162.5 x 3
185 x 3
207.5 x 3 +7 = 10 total reps, no rest

NOTES
Crazy week this week. We leave on Friday for TN to attend Son in Law's graduation from PA School. Tonight our small group is heading to the mission for preaching and ice cream. I had to go buy the supplies before my 12 PM meeting. After three stops, I still don't have everything. Who knew finding ice cream, cherries and whipped cream would be this difficult? At any rate, I had to cut today short. I want to be sure to get all of my 5/3/1 lifts in this week before I leave on Friday. Today was Squats, Wednesday I will do Deadlifts and Overheads and Thursday will do my Floor Presses.

I wish I had more time. I was feeling great about this session. Each weight went down deep and easy. Slight lean forward on reps 9, 10 so racked the bar. Still, the new calculated 1RM blows my previous out of the water by more than 25lbs. Progress is slow, but it is progressing. Few more days like this will make me a happy camper!

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #205
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

grats bam! big squats bud.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #206
wesrman
Max Brawn

wesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributorwesrman is a consistent contributor

Monday December 12/11

Upper Body

Superset:
Bench
9x110
7x115
5x120
Pull Ups
9xBW
7x10
5x15

Superset:
Lateral Raise
8x25
8x25
Dumbell Press
11x25
10x25

Superset:
Barbell Curls
8x60
6x60
CGBP
8x95
7x95

Workout felt pretty good. Afterwards i ate and then spent a few minutes outside getting some sun in a t-shirt! Cant believe how warm it is today. Its insane.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #207
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

great work wes!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #208
wesrman
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
great work wes!
Thanks Tank. Im trying.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:30 PM   #209
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
I wish I had more time. I was feeling great about this session. Each weight went down deep and easy. Slight lean forward on reps 9, 10 so racked the bar. Still, the new calculated 1RM blows my previous out of the water by more than 25lbs. Progress is slow, but it is progressing. Few more days like this will make me a happy camper!
Excellent Bam. Keep up the good work.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #210
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellent Bam. Keep up the good work.
Thanks BTB, I plan to keep on. Crazy week this week, but after next week things should slow down for a while.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote