Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Interesting. I had no idea this was one of the side effects.

Tomorrow morning 199...
That's the plan.

I believe that appetite supression is the main benefit of EC. I know it's supposed to do all this other stuff like keep your metabolism up, but I think this is the main reason it works. To me it's like intermittent fasting. Yeah, it has tons of benefits, but in the end the main point is to use it as a tool to control eating. Last time I was on EC stack I was also logging my intake. I planned my calorie deficit to lose 1lb a week, and I lost that 1lb. All the EC did was make it easier to stick to the plan.

In the end, things are usually much simpler than people want them to be.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #32
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Ok, now that my internet is back up and running (after almost 2 full days without, which I don't want to talk about) I can give a couple pieces of very good news.

First, yesterday I pulled a personal best 355 in the Dead lift. I took inspiration from BTB and just ripped the bar off the freaking ground like it was glued down. I didn't attempt any more than that because I didn't want to fail and possibly hurt myself as I was pulling very violently. I might have pulled more, but 355 was tough. If I had a belt I would have tried to keep getting more.

Second, this morning I woke up and was 198.8! That's right, I did it. I even skipped completely over 199.

I had great workouts yesterday and today, pushing myself in the gym with my typical workouts of heavy compounds followed by both heavy and higher rep assistance and isolation movements. Standard stuff, but I push hard and rest very little.

Today after training I went to help my father in law move a hot tub he got. I ate very little earlier in the day, even after training (I just had a protein bar along with plenty of BCAA's) then ate later and included carbs. I'll continue my refeed tomorrow so that Tuesday I'll be ready to perform at PT. I do plan to be slightly over 200 once my refeed is done, but I should be back under and then some as the week progresses.

A couple more weeks of cutting and I should be ready to start working to progress while maintaining my new bodyweight.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:23 PM   #33
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Ok, now that my internet is back up and running (after almost 2 full days without, which I don't want to talk about) I can give a couple pieces of very good news.

First, yesterday I pulled a personal best 355 in the Dead lift. I took inspiration from BTB and just ripped the bar off the freaking ground like it was glued down. I didn't attempt any more than that because I didn't want to fail and possibly hurt myself as I was pulling very violently. I might have pulled more, but 355 was tough. If I had a belt I would have tried to keep getting more.

Second, this morning I woke up and was 198.8! That's right, I did it. I even skipped completely over 199.

I had great workouts yesterday and today, pushing myself in the gym with my typical workouts of heavy compounds followed by both heavy and higher rep assistance and isolation movements. Standard stuff, but I push hard and rest very little.

Today after training I went to help my father in law move a hot tub he got. I ate very little earlier in the day, even after training (I just had a protein bar along with plenty of BCAA's) then ate later and included carbs. I'll continue my refeed tomorrow so that Tuesday I'll be ready to perform at PT. I do plan to be slightly over 200 once my refeed is done, but I should be back under and then some as the week progresses.

A couple more weeks of cutting and I should be ready to start working to progress while maintaining my new bodyweight.

Congrats on dropping below 200! Great job, and looking strong while cutting. very impressive.
bruteforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM   #34
Soldier
Max Brawn

Thanks brute! I'm definitely happy about it.

Today's morning bodyweight- 200.2

Just as planned. I also had a few beers after moving that stupid hot tub yesterday, but it was nice to take it easy and eat things I normally can't have on a low-carb diet. Today I'm still going to fast, then continue the carb refeed after work.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:50 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post

Nice! Isn't that how it always happens...small losses and then a big drop.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:31 AM   #36
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice! Isn't that how it always happens...small losses and then a big drop.
Yeah, but I could feel that one coming. I just knew that I was below 200 on Sunday morning when I got on the scale. It was a good feeling.

Today's post refeed bodyweight- 203.2

EC stack has been going well, although when it hits, it hits hard. Sometimes I get very jittery, to the point where I'll be sitting in my chair and work and I'm shaking my leg up and down so hard that it's moving my whole body.

Sunday before training I did what I normally do for my pre-workout when I'm doing EC, I still took the E but let the pre-workout give me the C. This is ONLY a good idea if you are a stim junky! My energy goes through the roof when I do this. When I'm trying to make my BCAA intra drink my hands are literally shaking and I can't make them stop.

I know there are many that wouldn't like this feeling, but the payoff comes near the end of my training session. Although I work my tail off and am sweating and panting for the second half of my session, my energy stays strong and my between set recovery is extremely strong. I choose to leave the gym based on leaving something in the tank for the next day, never because I can't do any more.

In the next couple days I'll be back below 200, and maybe even stay there for good this time.

Last edited by Soldier; 11-01-2011 at 07:36 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:58 PM   #37
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's post-fast bodyweight- 200.6

Water weight gone, thank you Mr. Fast. Then this afternoon PT will take care of the glycogen and I can get back to burning some fat. I'm not going to talk about how confident I feel right now, because last time I shouted that from the rooftops my progress ground to a halt. No, this time I'll just document as I follow my plan, and let the chips fall where they may.

I'll be back under 200 tomorrow morning, then it's time to drop a few more lbs and then reevaluate the situation. If I'm feeling strong at 195 then I'll keep going. If I can get down around 192 then I should be able to meet the 201lb weight limit for my height and age (weight taken in clothes and in the afternoon), which would be much better than having them use my bodyfat %, and if I can get down around 192 then I might as well go ahead and try to reach my long term goal of 190.

Like I said, I'm just going to follow my plan and see how things go.

Last edited by Soldier; 11-01-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #38
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Like I said, I'm just going to follow my plan and see how things go.
That's the best way to do it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #39
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's morning bodyweight- 198.6

Lowest I've been. Yesterday I felt like crap most of the day. I felt drained and moody, and I think it was because my metabolism was high because of carbs the day before combined with the EC. The payoff is the fact that between yesterday morning and this morning I lost almost 5lb of bodyweight.

Also, having carbs the days before PT payed off as well. My performance was high and I felt strong in everything we did.

I would be very, very happy if I could make 195 by Sunday, but I'll be satisfied with being under 197.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM   #40
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's post fast bodyweight- 198.8

Bacon wrapped chicken is on the grill, waiting to get smothered with cheese and consumed by myself.

Rest day today, lifting again tomorrow.