Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member
Default Soldier gets Army strong

I've been running a log for a little while, but my routine is completely different now than it was when I started it, so I thought it was a good time for a new log.

First, some quick background info;
I'm 28 years old and I currently weigh in around 204. I started training when I entered high school 14 years ago, but I haven't been consistent since then. I got fat in college, then got thin afterwards, then got a little fat again, then got serious about getting lean after my marriage to my awesome wife, who just happens to be pregnant right now.

Current stats;
Age- 28
Bodyweight- 204
Squat max- 325
Dead lift- 335
Bench press (Not paused, but not bounced)- 285

Current Army PFT stats-
Pushups in 2:00- 62
Sit ups in 2:00- 53
2 mile run- 15:35

I've got a little over 2 months before I ship to train for my enlistment in the US Army. My goal is to get my bodyweight below 200 before I ship, then drop at least another 10lb while in basic training, which should put me very close to single digit bodyfat %. Other than that my goal is to build strength in a way that will help me during basic. Since I will need all types of strength in basic, I figure I should just follow Jim Wendlers advice- "When in doubt, just get strong as hell." (paraphrased)

I'm following a diet plan that I developed which I call "The Trinity diet" (based on the idea that there are 3 different eating periods where you're (1.) fasting, (2.) eating low carb and (3.) eating a balanced diet) . This is a more controlled version of a basic intermittent fasting plan. Here are the rules I'll be following;

1. Weekdays I'll fast until 3:00
2. I'll eat less than 30g of carbs before training, and all day on non-training days.
3. Right after training I'll eat about 50g of carbs from any source I choose.
4. For the rest of the day after training I can eat fruits, veggies, and other carbs within reason.

There's a lot more to it than that, but that gives you an idea of what I'm doing.

My training is based on building my big lifts, for both maximal strength and muscular endurance. I usually choose one lift to focus on for a given period of time and base my routine off of that. I've found that I can build both maximal strength and high rep endurance in a given lift at the same time. Currently I'm trying to build my dead lift. I usually lift 4 days in a row, Thursday through Sunday. I also do PT with my unit of future soldiers once a week, usually on Tuesday. During PT we do lots of bodyweight work, sprinting, and running.

My training split along with my exercise choices are based off of the lift I'm focussing on. Since I'm doing dead lift right now, I'm using a pull/push split. If I shift my focus to squat then I may go back to an upper/lower split. My lifting sessions usually last about 50 minutes and are between 15-30 sets.

Current supplements-
1. Weigh protein (as needed for dietary supplement)
2. Carnivor beef isolate protein (1 scoop with Xtend intra-wo)
3. Animal pak multi (every other day)
4. Xtend intra-workout (1.5 scoops intra-wo)
5. Gaspari Superpump max pre-workout (1 scoop pre-wo)
6. Dymatize Z-force (ZMA, 3 before bed)
7. Fish oil (3-6 capsules/day)

Alright. . .lets do this.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links